I never knew that......

Last edited:

Maybe he meant "fries dipped in frostys"?

Dipping french fries in choclate frosys is bomb tho
pimp.gif
I've been doing this for years 
laugh.gif
 kinda have a habit of dipping stuff like chicken nuggets and burgers in ice cream too 
embarassed.gif

I definitely had to misheard him :lol: I didn't believe that for a second.

Edit - Outrun Usain Bolt, not faster. He said the same for hippos.

Weird. That's not even remotely true either. Sounds like that dude needs to brush up on his human physiology.
bolt is trained for short bursts, he couldn't outlast an elephant.

Again. The average human could easily outlast an elephant. An elephants weight and muscular physiology doesn't allow them to run for long periods of time. A high schooler running an 8-minute mile would absolutely destroy any elephant

But adding to people running vs animals. We are the best runners in the world overall. Acceleration, speed, legs and stamina. And evolutionary joke is that we can hunt/run away from any animal if we just tire them out.

Some animals got stamina, some short bursts of speed but most importantly is that the human body can adapt to their situation while cheetahs can't "train" to run for hours straight. That's how we have Usain Bolts hitting 9sec 100m and Ethiopians finishing New York marathons (26miles) in 2 hours

I feel like I heard something a while back like alligators are slightly faster than humans so in order to escape an alligator you should run in a zig zag motion

That dude Arab (Soulja Boy's lil homey from when he first hit the scene) is still alive....and strangely enough....rapping.

11427346_988528734512356_1742522633_n.jpg

Just a few that I've learned in class and online 
laugh.gif

Aladdin is ethnically Chinese but Disney made the movie an Arabic theme

Bileyg is another word for Odin

The average kid recognizes over 200 company logos by the time they enter the first grade

Female black widow spiders eat their males after mating

There is no gravity to separate liquid from gas in their stomachs in space, so you can't burp

When a pig busts, it lasts for 30 minutes

Since honey doesn't actually expire, you can eat centuries later after it was first made

A male giraffe headbutts the female giraffe in her bladder and then when she starts leaking, he tastes her pee to see if she's ready to get pregnant

From 1898 to 1910, heroin used to be seen as a non-addictive substitute to morphine and cough medicine to kids

The FDA allows lots of animal remains and excretion in food without having to take it out

You are 1% shorter in the evening than in the morning

Trying to stop a sneeze can cause a blood vessel to rupture in your head and/ or neck. Around the same area, sneezing too hard can fracture a rib.

20% of coffee mugs contain fecal matter.....

Pythons can swallow things as large as kangaroos whole. Even larger depending on the size of the python

Fortune cookies are an American invention

A human will eat on average 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders while sleeping

The chance of you dying on the way to get lottery tickets is actually greater than your chance of winning

In 2007, the Chicago Sun Times found that nearly 20 percent of 49 restaurants and hotel bars in Chicago had ice contaminated by high levels fecal coliform.

A team of microbiologists from Hollins University confirmed that up to 48% of restaurant soda fountains are contaminated with coliform bacteria.

You could list these stats all day, it's literally everywhere :lol:

Mb then guys, just saying what I learned this week 
laugh.gif
 but jeez, don't think I'll look at things the same anymore 
tired.gif

Last edited:
Just a few that I've learned in class and online :lol:

Aladdin is ethnically Chinese but Disney made the movie an Arabic theme

Bileyg is another word for Odin

The average kid recognizes over 200 company logos by the time they enter the first grade

Female black widow spiders eat their males after mating

There is no gravity to separate liquid from gas in their stomachs in space, so you can't burp

When a pig busts, it lasts for 30 minutes

Since honey doesn't actually expire, you can eat centuries later after it was first made

A male giraffe headbutts the female giraffe in her bladder and then when she starts leaking, he tastes her pee to see if she's ready to get pregnant

From 1898 to 1910, heroin used to be seen as a non-addictive substitute to morphine and cough medicine to kids

The FDA allows lots of animal remains and excretion in food without having to take it out

You are 1% shorter in the evening than in the morning

Trying to stop a sneeze can cause a blood vessel to rupture in your head and/ or neck. Around the same area, sneezing too hard can fracture a rib.

Pythons can swallow things as large as kangaroos whole. Even larger depending on the size of the python

Fortune cookies are an American invention

A human will eat on average 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders while sleeping

The chance of you dying on the way to get lottery tickets is actually greater than your chance of winning
the eating bugs while sleeping is fake. it was a rumor started by 2 scientists to test to see how far it would spread

But adding to people running vs animals. We are the best runners in the world overall. Acceleration, speed, legs and stamina. And evolutionary joke is that we can hunt/run away from any animal if we just tire them out.

Some animals got stamina, some short bursts of speed but most importantly is that the human body can adapt to their situation while cheetahs can't "train" to run for hours straight. That's how we have Usain Bolts hitting 9sec 100m and Ethiopians finishing New York marathons (26miles) in 2 hours
The reason for us running long distances better than any other animal is the fact that we sweat efficiently, cooling down our bodies accordingly. 

A cheetah can run fast, but they have limited stamina because their body heat rises and they don't sweat efficiciently enough to cool themselves down.  They risk heating up their organs and dying if they keep running. 

The reason for us running long distances better than any other animal is the fact that we sweat efficiently, cooling down our bodies accordingly. 

A cheetah can run fast, but they have limited stamina because their body heat rises and they don't sweat efficiciently enough to cool themselves down.  They risk heating up their organs and dying if they keep running. 

Reminds me of a video I saw where guys from a tribe in Africa, just run after an animal all day until the animal becomes too exhausted to run and then kill it. It takes like a whole day but it's just so crazy to think about.

It's called persistence hunting. Humans are the only animals on the planet capable of doing this.

Back
Top Bottom