I PASSED!!!

Hey guys been around NT since late 1999 early 2000 and its been my home on the internet and like extended family. I dont post all that much and never start threads but today I found out I PASSED my radiology boards. We were the first group taking the new boards and the outcome was very much in doubt. Anyway just a GREAT day for me.

congrats bro, passing any boards is an achievement in itself

pimp.gif

you been here since 1999?? didnt even know the internet was being used like that back then
laugh.gif

Congrats man. That's a load off your shoulders for sure. I gotta retake my peds boards next December. Def not looking forward to it.

congratulations! I always wondered, what happens when you don't pass those board exams as a physician? like do you get to do it again? or do you just do something else?

not sure if it is different for radiology but sometimes you can still practice if you are not board certified. but your job is not very secure and you get paid much less. you are usually allowed to take it up to 5 times before having to go back and repeat training.

Thanks everyone it is a huge weight off my shoulders. This is one exam that I really wasnt sure how I did. I have taken so many tests through the years and this one was the hardest of all. Harder than the MCAT, the licensing exams STEPS 1, 2 and 3.

Had to share it with yall cause this is like a second home. Its my constant source of entertainment and escape to waste a lot of time when trying to study through the years.

Last edited:
not sure if it is different for radiology but sometimes you can still practice if you are not board certified. but your job is not very secure and you get paid much less. you are usually allowed to take it up to 5 times before having to go back and repeat training.

Its a little different for Rads. I know for EM you can still get out work and a lot of places will give you a few years to take your exam and be board certified. Did you do EM TypeR or am I mixing it up? I know a few family practitioners who are still board eligible and they have been out practicing for decades. For Radiology its extremely hard to get any kind of job without board certification.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom