"I will redeem myself, I have to" MV7 Appreciation Post

Does anybody remember this day?

I do. I remember the video collage that ESPN ran all day showing the rise and downfall of Michael Vick. When this happened I� sad, upset and disappointed.
The haters, sports writers, and sports pundits were right. They were right about theweed smoking, the lack of dedication to the QB craft, the excessive partying, the negative association, Ron Mexico, Aquafina gate, the dog fighting, and many other things. Even though all these things were true at the time I knew when I saw that apology and he said"I will redeem myself I have to" I believed it. I knew after that moment (no lie) that when Vick got out of jail it was going take a year or two years for him to play QB at a high level.

After his release there was still a large group (if not all) of people who believed that he would never return to the NFL and if he did he would never play QB. When he got pick up from waivers by Philly I knew that he would eventually become QB again. Andy Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL and theEagles organization is one of the most stable.
Vick never had this combination in his career. Also he never had a decent line and great receiving core as other great QB's have.

Now that he has that look at him. He's been leading the league in passer rating for almost 12 weeks now.

For years even on here I would read comments like this:

Vick will never complete over 60% of his passes

He will never throw for 300 yards

He will never learn how to read defenses

He's just a RB who plays QB

He doesn't throw the deep ball accurately

He can't throw period

He will never win games with his arm

He gets happy feet in the pocket

He's a coach killer

He needs to be a punt returner

He's not a leader

He will never come back to the NFL

And I would say he can do those things he just doesn't have the helparound him. In 04-06 ATL he had Alge Crumpler, a young Michael Jenkinsand Roddy White, and Warrick Dunn. He still managed to win games despite thelack of talent around him. I would watch him struggle in the passing game because his teammates couldn't consistently catch the ball, his offensive line couldn't consistantly protect him from sacks, and the bad playcalling of Jim Mora Jr. Ivividly remember when the Falcons played against the Saints in a pivotal game for a playoff spot and he ran for almost 200 yards trying to will his team to win. And people would blame him when he would be theonly one to show up. Sports pundits, writers, fans, and majority of the sports forum on NT would say he isn't competitive or it's his fault the offense isn't operating. That was either bad analysis or just hate.

He would do all these things without studying, smoking weed, and fighting dogs on the side. Now that Vick has these weapons etc. you are seeing what I've and others on here been saying for years. If you believe that someone could be in jail for 2 years and not play any football and all of a sudden could come out and start playing like an elite QB� is stupid. He showed flashes of this in ATL when the playcalling, his offensive line, and receivers would sometimes show up.

This season everybody now gets to see his potential come to its full fruition with the Eagles.

Philadelphia-Eagles-Michael-Vick-1.jpg

If he doesn't make it to the superbowl this season will not be afailure. For him to come back after 2 years of jail and become an elitepasser, still have much of his athleticism, and rise back to superstar status this season is already a success for Mike Vick.

"Clap for him."

Does anybody remember this day?

I do. I remember the video collage that ESPN ran all day showing the rise and downfall of Michael Vick. When this happened I� sad, upset and disappointed.
The haters, sports writers, and sports pundits were right. They were right about theweed smoking, the lack of dedication to the QB craft, the excessive partying, the negative association, Ron Mexico, Aquafina gate, the dog fighting, and many other things. Even though all these things were true at the time I knew when I saw that apology and he said"I will redeem myself I have to" I believed it. I knew after that moment (no lie) that when Vick got out of jail it was going take a year or two years for him to play QB at a high level.

After his release there was still a large group (if not all) of people who believed that he would never return to the NFL and if he did he would never play QB. When he got pick up from waivers by Philly I knew that he would eventually become QB again. Andy Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL and theEagles organization is one of the most stable.
Vick never had this combination in his career. Also he never had a decent line and great receiving core as other great QB's have.

Now that he has that look at him. He's been leading the league in passer rating for almost 12 weeks now.

For years even on here I would read comments like this:

Vick will never complete over 60% of his passes

He will never throw for 300 yards

He will never learn how to read defenses

He's just a RB who plays QB

He doesn't throw the deep ball accurately

He can't throw period

He will never win games with his arm

He gets happy feet in the pocket

He's a coach killer

He needs to be a punt returner

He's not a leader

He will never come back to the NFL

And I would say he can do those things he just doesn't have the helparound him. In 04-06 ATL he had Alge Crumpler, a young Michael Jenkinsand Roddy White, and Warrick Dunn. He still managed to win games despite thelack of talent around him. I would watch him struggle in the passing game because his teammates couldn't consistently catch the ball, his offensive line couldn't consistantly protect him from sacks, and the bad playcalling of Jim Mora Jr. Ivividly remember when the Falcons played against the Saints in a pivotal game for a playoff spot and he ran for almost 200 yards trying to will his team to win. And people would blame him when he would be theonly one to show up. Sports pundits, writers, fans, and majority of the sports forum on NT would say he isn't competitive or it's his fault the offense isn't operating. That was either bad analysis or just hate.

He would do all these things without studying, smoking weed, and fighting dogs on the side. Now that Vick has these weapons etc. you are seeing what I've and others on here been saying for years. If you believe that someone could be in jail for 2 years and not play any football and all of a sudden could come out and start playing like an elite QB� is stupid. He showed flashes of this in ATL when the playcalling, his offensive line, and receivers would sometimes show up.

This season everybody now gets to see his potential come to its full fruition with the Eagles.

Philadelphia-Eagles-Michael-Vick-1.jpg

If he doesn't make it to the superbowl this season will not be afailure. For him to come back after 2 years of jail and become an elitepasser, still have much of his athleticism, and rise back to superstar status this season is already a success for Mike Vick.

"Clap for him."

Like I've been saying since the beginning of football season this year.............."Just give a black man a chance"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Like I've been saying since the beginning of football season this year.............."Just give a black man a chance"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great post. I'm not gonna lie when he said I will redeem myself I took it as he would redeem himself morally, I never thought that he was going to come back to the league after his sentence playing at such a high level, it just goes to show the extra focus that he's putting into his game.

Great post. I'm not gonna lie when he said I will redeem myself I took it as he would redeem himself morally, I never thought that he was going to come back to the league after his sentence playing at such a high level, it just goes to show the extra focus that he's putting into his game.

Can't lie still have mixed feelings about dude, but can't deny the change I've seen from him on & off the football field.  I'm glad he's living up to the potential he's always had, rooting for them to get far in the playoffs.

Can't lie still have mixed feelings about dude, but can't deny the change I've seen from him on & off the football field.  I'm glad he's living up to the potential he's always had, rooting for them to get far in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

i had mixed feelings.. but listening to dude during interviews, he sounds genuinely remorseful for his actions and wants to take full advantage of his second chance

i know it doesn't excuse anything that he did or was involved with.. but i can understand how being young, stupid and pampered could lead to some dumb mistakes

Back
Top Bottom