"I will redeem myself, I have to" MV7 Appreciation Post

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Can't lie still have mixed feelings about dude, but can't deny the change I've seen from him on & off the football field.  I'm glad he's living up to the potential he's always had, rooting for them to get far in the playoffs.

Mixed feelings why? I am sure you have forgiven people closer to you for PERSONALLY doing things TO YOU, but you have mixed feelings about the dude for what he did?

He has a point.

anyway its damn good to see Mike doing what he's meant to
pimp.gif
  I wish the Bears had taken a chance on him
ohwell.gif
It's just a cultural thing more than anything, I understand why black people cheer for him but I grew up in a white, dog-loving family and to me I'm not going to flat out love someone that not only killed dogs but did it in a flat-out, barbaric way.  While I think the situations convicts are faced with after jail in America is atrocious and the prison system is one of the biggest problems with this country, I don't view Michael Vick as a black man who was unjustly persecuted by the system as many other seem to do.  I'm not rooting against him to fail, I love watching the guy play but I'm not just going to forget what he did.  I mean he's only been out of jail for a year.  But he has done everything right so far and I applaud him for doing so, I think he has made major changes in his life.  I'm just never going to be one of the guys who throws up a
pimp.gif
, anytime the dude is mentioned.

And public figures and personal relations are completely different things.  Why would I be quick to forgive someone I have no relationship or has nothing to with my life?

Can't lie still have mixed feelings about dude, but can't deny the change I've seen from him on & off the football field.  I'm glad he's living up to the potential he's always had, rooting for them to get far in the playoffs.

Mixed feelings why? I am sure you have forgiven people closer to you for PERSONALLY doing things TO YOU, but you have mixed feelings about the dude for what he did?

He has a point.

pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
It's just a cultural thing more than anything, I understand why black people cheer for him but I grew up in a white, dog-loving family and to me I'm not going to flat out love someone that not only killed dogs but did it in a flat-out, barbaric way.  While I think the situations convicts are faced with after jail in America is atrocious and the prison system is one of the biggest problems with this country, I don't view Michael Vick as a black man who was unjustly persecuted by the system as many other seem to do.  I'm not rooting against him to fail, I love watching the guy play but I'm not just going to forget what he did.  I mean he's only been out of jail for a year.  But he has done everything right so far and I applaud him for doing so, I think he has made major changes in his life.  I'm just never going to be one of the guys who throws up a
pimp.gif

And public figures and personal relations are completely different things.  Why would I be quick to forgive someone I have no relationship or has nothing to with my life?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at this thread. Vick is one of my favorite athletes of all-time. But even I had my doubts about hi being able to come back and have success in the NFL. This man has paid his debt to society(although I personally could care less about dogfighting) and has worked extremely hard to hone his skill and truly learn the quarterback position. Round of applause for Michael Vick
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at this thread. Vick is one of my favorite athletes of all-time. But even I had my doubts about hi being able to come back and have success in the NFL. This man has paid his debt to society(although I personally could care less about dogfighting) and has worked extremely hard to hone his skill and truly learn the quarterback position. Round of applause for Michael Vick
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Like I've been saying since the beginning of football season this year.............."Just give a black man a chance"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ya and everytime you said it you sounded foolish
laugh.gif

Majority of the NFL is black
indifferent.gif

That being said ... Vick
pimp.gif

Most exciting player in the league

Like I've been saying since the beginning of football season this year.............."Just give a black man a chance"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ya and everytime you said it you sounded foolish
laugh.gif

Majority of the NFL is black
indifferent.gif

That being said ... Vick
pimp.gif

Most exciting player in the league

Originally Posted by dreClark

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_l8wx2tOItf1qdhywio1_500.jpg
smokin.gif

Dre, you lil bastard!
mad.gif

Spoiler [+]
x3bwjo.jpg

My joints is BUSTED! Most comfortable shoe EVER! Literally walking on air.

Spoiler [+]
6j0ncz.jpg

First thing I ever bought my pop with my own money. That's mine tho, I bought 2
laugh.gif
 bringin it back out in Jan.
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

2mqoxh4.jpg

5461683f29cc3f83980c25494b2708291570b6df.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_l8wx2tOItf1qdhywio1_500.jpg
smokin.gif

Dre, you lil bastard!
mad.gif

Spoiler [+]
x3bwjo.jpg

My joints is BUSTED! Most comfortable shoe EVER! Literally walking on air.

Spoiler [+]
6j0ncz.jpg

First thing I ever bought my pop with my own money. That's mine tho, I bought 2
laugh.gif
 bringin it back out in Jan.
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

2mqoxh4.jpg

5461683f29cc3f83980c25494b2708291570b6df.gif

It has nothing to do with 'the weapons' that were around him in Atlanta...  Mike Vick was one of the most overrated players in sports back then.  He was exciting to watch but just not that good of a QB.
The new Vick is a completely different player.  Props to him, he really improved immeasurably.  The thought never even occurred to me he would come back and actually be better than he was after two years away from football...  But there you go.

It has nothing to do with 'the weapons' that were around him in Atlanta...  Mike Vick was one of the most overrated players in sports back then.  He was exciting to watch but just not that good of a QB.
The new Vick is a completely different player.  Props to him, he really improved immeasurably.  The thought never even occurred to me he would come back and actually be better than he was after two years away from football...  But there you go.

Originally Posted by 10027

So all Qb's should go to prison to improve their accuracy and in two years they will increase it by almost 10% than their career average?

Originally Posted by 10027

So all Qb's should go to prison to improve their accuracy and in two years they will increase it by almost 10% than their career average?

I just hope that people remain in his corner when he faces adversity on the football field. It's true...winning cures all ills. I'm not hating or anything, but I'm just curious if people would be as impressed with Vick if he was still on the bench or even struggling for that matter....

I'm a dog-lover, and what he did was disgusting....however, I believe he is TRULY sorry for the things he did. He's been speaking from the heart at all of his public engagement and really seems to be contrite for the mistakes that he made. I think jail made him a better person in the long run (he's even said the same thing). He said something in an interview that really stuck with me....he was saying that the best way he can show that he's a changed man, is to own another dog and raise it properly with his wife and children. That was awesome to hear. Maybe i'm in the minority on NT, but in 2010 I'm more impressed with Mike Vick as a MAN than as an athlete.

I just hope that people remain in his corner when he faces adversity on the football field. It's true...winning cures all ills. I'm not hating or anything, but I'm just curious if people would be as impressed with Vick if he was still on the bench or even struggling for that matter....

I'm a dog-lover, and what he did was disgusting....however, I believe he is TRULY sorry for the things he did. He's been speaking from the heart at all of his public engagement and really seems to be contrite for the mistakes that he made. I think jail made him a better person in the long run (he's even said the same thing). He said something in an interview that really stuck with me....he was saying that the best way he can show that he's a changed man, is to own another dog and raise it properly with his wife and children. That was awesome to hear. Maybe i'm in the minority on NT, but in 2010 I'm more impressed with Mike Vick as a MAN than as an athlete.

vick always been that dude to me. even wit the lil dog fightin incident, i dont even see y it was such a big deal. he killed animals, so the %++* wat? he aint kill no people so i dont care. glad he back doin his thing tho...ron mexico
pimp.gif

vick always been that dude to me. even wit the lil dog fightin incident, i dont even see y it was such a big deal. he killed animals, so the %++* wat? he aint kill no people so i dont care. glad he back doin his thing tho...ron mexico
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

Originally Posted by bijald0331

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

vince-young-hurt.jpg

this man has to go to prison ASAP!!

indifferent.gif

he just needs a better coach. %*%% Fisher

back to the subject, MV7 for MVP!! im glad i have you on my fantasy team 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

Originally Posted by bijald0331

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

vince-young-hurt.jpg

this man has to go to prison ASAP!!

indifferent.gif

he just needs a better coach. %*%% Fisher

back to the subject, MV7 for MVP!! im glad i have you on my fantasy team 
pimp.gif

He has a point.

pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif

That's pretty much the point.  No disrespect to you at all...I just mean this in the general sense of things.  I'm failing to understand how it matters if anyone "forgives" a man they don't even know.  As a God fearing man, I'm sure Mike Vick could care less who forgives him, except the man upstairs.  Who are we to talk about who we forgive and don't forgive?  People need to hop off the high horse.  Our "forgiveness" really doesn't mean %$+# 
grin.gif

He has a point.

pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif

That's pretty much the point.  No disrespect to you at all...I just mean this in the general sense of things.  I'm failing to understand how it matters if anyone "forgives" a man they don't even know.  As a God fearing man, I'm sure Mike Vick could care less who forgives him, except the man upstairs.  Who are we to talk about who we forgive and don't forgive?  People need to hop off the high horse.  Our "forgiveness" really doesn't mean %$+# 
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom