If anyone can "bring new york back" who is it and why?

I love New York hiphop... there is definitely nothing like it..(not taking away from other regions) but NOWHERE can mess with NY... Who do you think can"bring it back"? and why that person or group and not other people?
my guess is OBFCL 2 from Raekwon will be one of our best shots

french montana imo he's not the average new york emcee doesnt overpower you with wowzer lyrics but keeps it simple with banging beats he kinda reminds meof when he jeezy first came out

No one, east coast will never be back on. Hip-Hop is falling off the cliff as we speak so don't expect any new region to take over

Originally Posted by SoFreakinWavy

max b and french montana
pimp.gif

OWWWWWWW

No person by himself will "bring New York back". If/When it does happen, it'll take a collective group effort, meaning gettingrid of the "every man for himself" mentality most NY rappers carry.

French @$@*+$# Montana being mentioned in here reminds me why I don't take 97% of y'all seriously.

NY never went anywhere.

Who cares about sales ? We still putting some the best music out right now.

NY is having an identity crisis.

Half wants to be from the south. The other half wants to be from the west (gangbanging? in NY? Come on...)

Sad to say but I think that era that we all remember is long gone and will never return.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

nobody currently signed... all yall artists suck right now...

maybe that j cole dude but i still aint heard him yet...

he's from North Carolina

I was gonna come in here and say Drake just to be an #+%, but this dude came here and pretty much did the same thing and was being sincere.
laugh.gif

From FAYETTEVILLE, NC...but maybe with his up-top flow...

Originally Posted by nkwu11

I was gonna come in here and say Drake just to be an #@%, but this dude came here and pretty much did the same thing and was being sincere.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm tired of saying this is dead an that is dead. Buy albums and shut up is how I feel about it. No region is dead, NY hip hop is still poppin calm down.

as long as you guys keep saying "who's going to bring nyc back" Yall aint dominating nothing.....I mean where the hell yall went in the firstplace??? You didnt thinks nyc was going to be on top forever did you?

Yall still have your core artists...so why yall tripping...thats who sale anyways core artists no mater what region you are in

as for yall new artist as long as they keep looking for major label record deal they will fail...independent is the way to go now days

i'd have to say a cross between D-Block/Dipset/G-Unit/Bad Boy but that will never happen...

Its gonna happen soon.

And like others stated, its not gonna be just 1 person.

There are too many talented MCs for us to be getting no shine. The new generation is gonna kick down the door and bring back that NY vibe. Right now theresjust too much omos in the streets and on the radio * Frenchy* cloggin up the arterysystem.* Frenchy*

Millz and Pap shoulda been on but these DJs too busy getting paid to play garbage to care about their own.

Back
Top Bottom