If anyone can "bring new york back" who is it and why?

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

First off NY never fell they just aint the mainstrem #1 region and i guess that pisses them off for watever reason but if they want that back.....

Its gon start with production. NY need a new sound.

NY rappers (new ones mostly) aint dominated no more cuz the record labels want a specific sound that will sell. Ol School NY rap aint NEVER gon come back so its gonna need to be a whole new thing. (Jim Jones,Ron Browz,Webstar NO! Watever it is they doin make yal look bad)

Yal got the game back around 93' 94'with that raw sound (not to mention excellent lyricsm) Yall just need a new sound. As far as that rapper to go with it. I dont see him out there now.
W
eek.gif
W!!!.....someone actually gets it! ive been stressing thisbetween my peers for thE longest!

dont look for any artists that were poppin in the golden era and early 2000's to bring it back.....unless they bring somethin brand new to the table!
other than that, this "one coast has it at a time" thing is about to come to a hault!....its just like intergration and interacialrelationships....IT SPREADS!!!! so now that we have had sounds from all over the country....more people will ahve a choice as to who they roll with....and hiphop will be a more universal genre........hip hop is just growing, and now it has to accommodate so many tastes...
and the south is just the last coast to have it locked down....change is coming, but dont look for one specific region to hold it all the way down...

We don't/can't make the kind of rap music that is popular right now. So until the climate changes don't expect NY to be back (even though we reallyhaven't gone anywhere). A lot of talented artist making classic NY music right now, but it's just not rocking in a larger sense. As someone statedearlier our best bet is for someone to come out of New York and bring something new to the table. Don't expect any artist you regularly see on a hood dvdto be the one lol.

PPL need to realize the first time NY was "brought back" it wasn't by any one MC despite Biggie getting the praise for it. It was a groupeffort(by individuals & rap groups) of great/classic music.

The same would have to happen now and it shouldn't really involve these rappers who refuse to gracefully bow out the game. It really should all be newartists making room for themselves. The main thing I'd say holding NY back right now is not enough of labels or right labels taking a chance on these greatunsigned artists.

Sha Stimuli & Torae been on deck for like 5+ years now
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by M16

NY never went anywhere.

Who cares about sales ? We still putting some the best music out right now.

I'm listening to Prodigy- Product of the 80s right now but

NO
laugh.gif

Theres nothin special comin out of NY right now....but you can say the same thing about the rap game in general for the most part. Not many classics period.

BIG/Wu Tang/NaS/Mobb didn't bring NY BACK in 93-95... they brought NY FOWARD... That's where the so called NY sound we've come to know came from,that era of East Coast hip hop shaped the sound... West coast "Gangsta" rap dominated, and NY brought it to the east via Mafioso/street orientatedmusic... I mean just imagine if they just went backwards and recycled the %*$% Ns was doin in the late 80s... It wouldn't work... It was a new day, as itis now in 09...

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by ninjahood

M16 wrote:

NY never went anywhere.

Who cares about sales ? We still putting some the best music out right now.

I'm listening to Prodigy- Product of the 80s right now but

NO
laugh.gif

Theres nothin special comin out of NY right now....but you can say the same thing about the rap game in general for the most part. Not many classics period.

What's there to "No" about ?

Yeah, obviously the quality of rap music in general has been falling off since '97, the point is NYC is still on top. Of what little quality musicthat is released, the lions share comes out of NYC. No where else on the planet is touching the quality/significance of NYC's contribution to rapeven today. Anyone who says "bringing NY back on top" is a moron, because how you can you bring something "back" when it has always been ontop ? Sure, the South got some lime light but let's be serious.... nothing they have done is touching NYC.

Product of the 80's isn't really a good example of the quality music NYC been putting out, but it's solid. There is plenty of special music comingout, you just have to open your eyes up a little bit.

Not one man, not one woman can bring back New York... but a group can...Niketalk I present to you the future of new york...

team-blackout.jpg

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

Not one man, not one woman can bring back New York... but a group can...Niketalk I present to you the future of new york...

team-blackout.jpg
indifferent.gif
Son dont ever wish this on my hometown again....

Honestly, it all comes down to whats being played in the club. I haven't partied much in the past year, but every time I have, the premier track wasn'tfrom an NY artist..And we're talking clubs in the Midwest, and Florida. Say what you want, but if it isn't Drake or Ye, its the South. When the clubreally begins to heat up, any DJ w/ sense understands that the club has to just has to vibe...If you play any tracks made 30 miles north of Atlanta, you as adj, will find yourself out of work.

...To me, the only hope that NY has is Fab... Lyrically, dude is amazing, his charisma is still peaking, and he's regionally sensitive...There is NoCompetition proved that. Dude just has to put it together.

If anyone can "bring new york back" who is it and why?

flavor%20flav%20lost%20virginity%20at%20age%20six_6.jpg

Lol, but seriously, no one can. NY needs a BRAND NEW artist and movement for the rest of the world to follow. The last 2 people to do that were Cam w/Dipsetand 50 w/G-Unit.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

nobody currently signed... all yall artists suck right now...

maybe that j cole dude but i still aint heard him yet...
the hell...
laugh.gif

he's from NC.

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

team-blackout.jpg
indifferent.gif
jojo2.jpg

This is a stupid question.

You have to look past new york. Rap/Hiphop is wack in any region now. You have a few artists here and there who stayed true to their music but that's it.

I cant stress enough how un-excited I am about ANY release nowadays.

And I'm afraid we dug ourselves in too big of a whole to ever "save" New York, or the south, or cali.

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

team-blackout.jpg
indifferent.gif

immediately got a headache.
indifferent.gif

it has to be someone who is able to cross commercial and real hip hop lines. That is how you get the whole country to listen.

Personally I think NY only lost its top spot in hip hop but didn't fall into an oblivion like everyone says.

Also if any one person does it (which is impossible),but if it was possible it would be the same person who carried the torch for NY hip hop 12 years ago afterBig died that will have to do it today if it is only 1 person

Originally Posted by cartune

Yall need a track from God featuring Jesus and Jay Z
w/ premo on the beat....but seriously, they need some new artists to breakthrough, point blank. Jay, nas and them been rapping longer that theaverage teens lifespan, the youth of today is disconnected with that sound. There's no clear answer, but dudes need to come with a whole new style.

honestly, as much as everyone hates on the dude and dont think he can rap and blah blah blah, the answer is 50 Cent

He is capable of making great songs, already has the appeal, and has the resources to stick around for a while.

I understand he is not exactly NaS on the mic...but bringing NY back as THE place for NEW hip hop music (which the south currently is) involves a centralimportant figure, and not just a central important skilled rapper. If he could ever put out an epic, Dre produced, not many cameos, classic album akin toGRODT, he can make the NY rap scene relevant again, as far as more new hip hop coming out of the area. He probably should consider collabing with more NYproducers now that I think about it. There are plenty of nice +#+ MCs coming out of NY all the time, but they can't ever take it to that next level. 50Cent is pretty much already on that next level, he just needs an album and songs that people believe in.

Back
Top Bottom