If anyone can "bring new york back" who is it and why?

Every new dude that new yorkers claim is going to "bring ny back" sounds dated and thats why they never make it. NYC needs an artist to bringsomething slightly different and new to the table. I don't think it will be an already established artist because they are doing just fine, its the newerartist who have a problem breaking through.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

I'm tired of saying this is dead an that is dead. Buy albums and shut up is how I feel about it. No region is dead, NY hip hop is still poppin calm down.

Word.

NY has the best album of 09 so far.
NY has the most awaited releases of 09 so far.
NY had the best album of 08.
NY had many albums that were arguably the best of 07.
...arguably the best of 06
...arguably the best of 05

and so on.

Only sheep that follow what other people are saying think NY is "dead". Sure, it's not like the 90's... but you'd have to be ******ed tonot see we still on top of the rap game. Look at the music... look at where the industry is revolving around... make top 5-10 album lists for every year... NYis everywhere.

I'm not even talking about the underground at all either before someone brings that up. Hey, we doing great in that matter as well. Everything from Def-Juxto the buzz more known cats like Joell, and Sha Stimuli are making. The older legends are still putting out heat (G-Rap, Rakim gonna drop, KRS-One gonna drop(with Buckshot
pimp.gif
) , Percee P finally dropped etc, Havoc dropped a great album, Masta Ace, Wu-Tang Clan dropped some fire not too long ago, Meth & Red,Ghost gonna drop, OB4CL2, BP3, Nas's new album etc)

Who the hell is seeing NYC ?

some people really came at the question in a corny way.. I'm sayin when is the music going to be classic again. NOT SALES.. that @*#* has nothing to dowith the quality of music. I'm lookin for classic albums again... and that's why i mention OBFCL2.

First off NY never fell they just aint the mainstrem #1 region and i guess that pisses them off for watever reason but if they want that back.....

Its gon start with production. NY need a new sound.

NY rappers (new ones mostly) aint dominated no more cuz the record labels want a specific sound that will sell. Ol School NY rap aint NEVER gon come back soits gonna need to be a whole new thing. (Jim Jones,Ron Browz,Webstar NO! Watever it is they doin make yal look bad)

Yal got the game back around 93' 94'with that raw sound (not to mention excellent lyricsm) Yall just need a new sound. As far as that rapper to go withit. I dont see him out there now.

One person can't do it. It'd going to take some major collabs, nice albums from NY's elite, and some beefs need to be squashed. Personally Idon't think NY will be back anytime soon.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by bboy1827

I'm tired of saying this is dead an that is dead. Buy albums and shut up is how I feel about it. No region is dead, NY hip hop is still poppin calm down.

Word.

NY has the best album of 09 so far.
NY has the most awaited releases of 09 so far.
NY had the best album of 08.
NY had many albums that were arguably the best of 07.
...arguably the best of 06
...arguably the best of 05

and so on.

Only sheep that follow what other people are saying think NY is "dead". Sure, it's not like the 90's... but you'd have to be ******ed to not see we still on top of the rap game. Look at the music... look at where the industry is revolving around... make top 5-10 album lists for every year... NY is everywhere.

I'm not even talking about the underground at all either before someone brings that up. Hey, we doing great in that matter as well. Everything from Def-Jux to the buzz more known cats like Joell, and Sha Stimuli are making. The older legends are still putting out heat (G-Rap, Rakim gonna drop, KRS-One gonna drop (with Buckshot
pimp.gif
) , Percee P finally dropped etc, Havoc dropped a great album, Masta Ace, Wu-Tang Clan dropped some fire not too long ago, Meth & Red, Ghost gonna drop, OB4CL2, BP3, Nas's new album etc)

Who the hell is seeing NYC ?
stop smelling your own dookie that %**+ you listed is beyond false except for the most anticipated album of 09 and thats it

You must be one of them dudes that think Carter 3 was better than Untitled, right ?

Stone_face%5B1%5D.JPG

Go back and look at the facts. There is no state or region anywhere in the world out-doing NYC right now in terms of quality music. Queensbridge alone >Atlanta. No jokes about that either.

Originally Posted by M16

You must be one of them dudes that think Carter 3 was better than Untitled, right ?

Stone_face%5B1%5D.JPG

Go back and look at the facts. There is no state or region anywhere in the world out-doing NYC right now in terms of quality music. Queensbridge alone > Atlanta. No jokes about that either.
Thats an intersting argument.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by M16

Stone_face%5B1%5D.JPG

Go back and look at the facts. There is no state or region anywhere in the world out-doing NYC right now in terms of quality music. Queensbridge alone > Atlanta. No jokes about that either.
recession<> untitled

paper trail<> untitled...!$+*

andre 3000>queensbridge

and for the record I havent listened to the whole carter 3 since it dropped
laugh.gif

I have untitled....you probably aint even buy it...more like stole it

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Originally Posted by M16

Stone_face%5B1%5D.JPG

recession<> untitled

andre 3000>queensbridge

laugh.gif

Never mind people theres nothing to see here
tired.gif

if the NY rappers cant put their ego aside and collaborate with other NY artists, we will never be back on top.

southern rappers on the other hand, look out for each other collabo-wise.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by M16

Stone_face%5B1%5D.JPG

recession<> untitled

andre 3000>queensbridge

laugh.gif

Never mind people theres nothing to see here
tired.gif
put andre and nas on a track....and more than likely dre is going to go blow for blow with him

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

One person cant do it
Pretty much.

NYC rappers need to get off that bs, and start working together again.

And everything goes 360. NYC will be on top again, it wont be the same though.

These Southern dudes really are delusional. Is third world tap water really that bad down there ? They take the trash they put out seriously and geeked offsome MTV play
laugh.gif

NYC > (anywhere else in the world)

Period.

Has been for years and isn't changing anytime soon.

Forget the City though, and forget the boroughs, the vast majority of the country isn't even seeing individual neighborhoods. Other than Scarface and aselect few others, the South can't really even hold Staten Island's jock strap.

laugh.gif
@ NY dudes need to collabo and put their ego's to the side.

That is just the way NY ___'s act point blank, aside from even music. Thats not gonna ever happen
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by M16

These Southern dudes really are delusional. Is third world tap water really that bad down there ? They take the trash they put out seriously and geeked off some MTV play
laugh.gif

NYC > (anywhere else in the world)

Period.

Has been for years and isn't changing anytime soon.

Forget the City though, and forget the boroughs, the vast majority of the country isn't even seeing individual neighborhoods. Other than Scarface and a select few others, the South can't really hold Staten Island's jock strap.

eek.gif
Did he just say that?....................He did pure internet thuggeryat its best.

laugh.gif
@ NY dudes need to collabo and put their ego's to the side.
Why not? They used to. And when they stopped they fell off. They're biggest obstacles are themselves.

some young rappers gonna have to come up and either dethrone jigga and them or come up after they've completely fallen off the wheel

Originally Posted by M16

Stone_face%5B1%5D.JPG

recession<> untitled

andre 3000>queensbridge

laugh.gif

The problem is ninjas is focused on bringing NY "BACK"... !@#* that, bring it FOWARD... The city/recording industry/hip hop culture aint what it wasin 96... its 09, we can't sit here and try to microwave a bunch of ideas and sounds that were put to bed a decade ago...

When you say bring BACK that's somethin that's already been done, we don't need to be going back as the rest of the regions are moving foward... aslong as we're in this bring it BACK stage we lose... Its a lot goin on it NY as far as culture, street %$@% and so on, we won in the 90s because our musicwas able to become the soundtrack to city life... We need albums that create that same energy... I like what Maino did with his debut... Its a shame the restof the country didn't take notice... But he had the right idea, the recording industry is just in shambles right now...

Its not just the artists... %$@% that's never been the problem, you're a fool if you don't think there's talent in NYC... its just we don'thave the Ns in power that understand street music & marketing it... Irv Gotti was crippled by the FEDs, hopefully he can rebuild his image and get back tosigning talent & makin hits... Dame Dash was basically blackballed out of the game by Hov and them other suckas @ IDJ... Diddy aint really #@#$@% withmusic like that... Rawkus is GONE... Hot97/Power 105 barley shows hometown love...

Back
Top Bottom