If Austin Rivers could go straight to the league, would he be the #1 pick this year?

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Word is Rivers is staying unless Duke wins it all. And even then...

If that's the case, he will be at duke next year. 

Which is exactly what you as a Carolina fan should not want.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Word is Rivers is staying unless Duke wins it all. And even then...

If that's the case, he will be at duke next year. 

Which is exactly what you as a Carolina fan should not want.

not even top 5 pick in this upcoming draft...

In no order
PJIII
Anthony Davis
Sullinger
Barnes
Lamb
T-Rob
MKG (if he comes out)

all drafted ahead of him, IMO

not even top 5 pick in this upcoming draft...

In no order
PJIII
Anthony Davis
Sullinger
Barnes
Lamb
T-Rob
MKG (if he comes out)

all drafted ahead of him, IMO

Austin doesn't need the money and the kid has a good head on his shoulders. Right now, it's all about learning and developing his game more, and his got a ways to go. I believe the people at Dook who say he's gonna be there for two years.

Austin doesn't need the money and the kid has a good head on his shoulders. Right now, it's all about learning and developing his game more, and his got a ways to go. I believe the people at Dook who say he's gonna be there for two years.

He's way too cocky and vain. As a duke fan, i'm not a fan of his. i'm certain he's going if he shows out the next month or so.

He's way too cocky and vain. As a duke fan, i'm not a fan of his. i'm certain he's going if he shows out the next month or so.

not even close. & I actually hope he comes back. If he does, I think he's poised for an outstanding sophomore year & could earn himself more money than coming out this year.

Anthony Davis, imo, is the consensus #1 & it's not even close. Other players that would probably be drafted before Rivers(team need not accounted for because there's no draft order set yet)
Thomas Robinson
Andre Drummond
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Harrison Barnes
Perry Jones III (although I'm not, & never have been high on him)

After those players, I'd like to imagine Rivers could be in the mix, depending on how he ends the season & who's drafting & what they need.
People saying Lamb #1 SG off the board, I simply don't see it. I'd easily take Beal or Rivers before him & not think twice about it.

not even close. & I actually hope he comes back. If he does, I think he's poised for an outstanding sophomore year & could earn himself more money than coming out this year.

Anthony Davis, imo, is the consensus #1 & it's not even close. Other players that would probably be drafted before Rivers(team need not accounted for because there's no draft order set yet)
Thomas Robinson
Andre Drummond
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Harrison Barnes
Perry Jones III (although I'm not, & never have been high on him)

After those players, I'd like to imagine Rivers could be in the mix, depending on how he ends the season & who's drafting & what they need.
People saying Lamb #1 SG off the board, I simply don't see it. I'd easily take Beal or Rivers before him & not think twice about it.

^ I agree with everything you say. And as a Duke fan I just sort of hope he comes back
laugh.gif

^ I agree with everything you say. And as a Duke fan I just sort of hope he comes back
laugh.gif

looking at this thread in hindsight(wasn't aware it was so old) it's funny to see people's opinions on Rivers. saying he might be the most polished HS recruit, offensively, since Durant 
laugh.gif

off the top of my head, coming into college, I'd take Mayo & Gordon's offensive arsenals out of high school.
As good as AR0 is, he's just as flawed. He virtually NEVER goes left, struggles finishes at the rim(could be due to a lack of strength), no mid range game, & much to be desired on defense.
& he's pretty much 3 options when he gets the ball, Triple Threat, jab step, pull up. Triple threat, jab step, go right(Best 1st step in college), or right to left crossover. Has an uncanny ability to get to the basket(why I get so frustrated when he jacks 3's, should be seeing the line more)

looking at this thread in hindsight(wasn't aware it was so old) it's funny to see people's opinions on Rivers. saying he might be the most polished HS recruit, offensively, since Durant 
laugh.gif

off the top of my head, coming into college, I'd take Mayo & Gordon's offensive arsenals out of high school.
As good as AR0 is, he's just as flawed. He virtually NEVER goes left, struggles finishes at the rim(could be due to a lack of strength), no mid range game, & much to be desired on defense.
& he's pretty much 3 options when he gets the ball, Triple Threat, jab step, pull up. Triple threat, jab step, go right(Best 1st step in college), or right to left crossover. Has an uncanny ability to get to the basket(why I get so frustrated when he jacks 3's, should be seeing the line more)

Back
Top Bottom