If Austin Rivers could go straight to the league, would he be the #1 pick this year?

The biggest issue is the fact that he's possibly 6'3. I still think he's a bit shorter.

The biggest issue is the fact that he's possibly 6'3. I still think he's a bit shorter.

He will be a top 10 pick 7-10 but I will be suprised if he goes in the top 5 because he will never be a complete player
I can picture him being a little like Ben Gordon being the go to guy on a Average team but he play's NO DEFENSE
He reminds me of Melo taking breaks on Defense
He also isn't that fast but his quickness/First Step is amazing
And at least he is mentally tough unlike a lot of these new cats ( Terrence Jones, Harrison Barnes, Perry Jones, Quincy Miller ) just to name a few

He will be a top 10 pick 7-10 but I will be suprised if he goes in the top 5 because he will never be a complete player
I can picture him being a little like Ben Gordon being the go to guy on a Average team but he play's NO DEFENSE
He reminds me of Melo taking breaks on Defense
He also isn't that fast but his quickness/First Step is amazing
And at least he is mentally tough unlike a lot of these new cats ( Terrence Jones, Harrison Barnes, Perry Jones, Quincy Miller ) just to name a few

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

kix4kix wrote:

Nako XL wrote:

Word is Rivers is staying unless Duke wins it all. And even then...

If that's the case, he will be at duke next year. 

Which is exactly what you as a Carolina fan should not want.

You think y'all are National Title contenders next year with him back? I doubt it.

kix4kix wrote:

Nako XL wrote:

Word is Rivers is staying unless Duke wins it all. And even then...

You think y'all are National Title contenders next year with him back? I doubt it.

If everyone were to come out this year I got

1. Barnes
2. Davis
3. Drummond
4. Rivers
5. Lamb
6. Jones III
7. Sullinger
8. Robinson

I think without question Barnes will be the most productive in the NBA. Davis will be more of a defensive presence and will be very good at it but you can already see that Barnes has the moves and jumper to kill it at the next level.

Rivers and Lamb really can be interchangeable. Theyre both gonna be very good.

How tall is Sullinger, I still see him listed at 6'10 on some websites. I thought I heard he was only 6'8-6'9. Depending on his height he could be anywhere from 3-6.

1. Barnes
2. Davis
3. Drummond
4. Rivers
5. Lamb
6. Jones III
7. Sullinger
8. Robinson

I think without question Barnes will be the most productive in the NBA. Davis will be more of a defensive presence and will be very good at it but you can already see that Barnes has the moves and jumper to kill it at the next level.

How tall is Sullinger, I still see him listed at 6'10 on some websites. I thought I heard he was only 6'8-6'9. Depending on his height he could be anywhere from 3-6.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

kix4kix wrote:

Ehhh... Nah. But I don't think they will have ANYONE who can guard him next year.

Kid just rellishes the big stage and that's a big stage, so he'll WORK.

kix4kix wrote:

Ehhh... Nah. But I don't think they will have ANYONE who can guard him next year.

DaComeUP wrote:

Seymore CAKE wrote:

kix4kix wrote:

Dex will be back next year
nerd.gif
. He definitely relishes the big stage, though. Nothing has changed in regards to how I view his pro prospects though. Jamal Crawford-esque career at best.

DaComeUP wrote:

Seymore CAKE wrote:

kix4kix wrote:

nerd.gif
. He definitely relishes the big stage, though. Nothing has changed in regards to how I view his pro prospects though. Jamal Crawford-esque career at best.

For as hyped up as this class is, I'd only feel comfortable today with:
Davis

MKG

Robinson

after that, I'm holding my breath. I at least know those 3 are going to work their tails off and have some skills that translate and to me, are bust-proof. After that, it's red flag after red flag; be it size, skill, IQ, how hard they play, etc. There will be some who emerge and might end up better than MKG or Robinson but I have no idea on who it might be. 

I think both Barnes and Sullinger might come back again. 

Davis

MKG

Robinson

after that, I'm holding my breath. I at least know those 3 are going to work their tails off and have some skills that translate and to me, are bust-proof. After that, it's red flag after red flag; be it size, skill, IQ, how hard they play, etc. There will be some who emerge and might end up better than MKG or Robinson but I have no idea on who it might be. 

Originally Posted by dreClark

nerd.gif
Ehhh... Nah. But I don't think they will have ANYONE who can guard him next yea

smile.gif
pimp.gif

This.  If he gets it going... You're in for a LONG night.  You better have someone who can play physical with him & shot blockers because I doubt there are 5 guards in the country that can stay in front of him.  Dexter Is Not One Of Them ;lol

Originally Posted by dreClark

nerd.gif
Ehhh... Nah. But I don't think they will have ANYONE who can guard him next yea

smile.gif
pimp.gif

This.  If he gets it going... You're in for a LONG night.  You better have someone who can play physical with him & shot blockers because I doubt there are 5 guards in the country that can stay in front of him.  Dexter Is Not One Of Them ;lol

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Davis

MKG

Robinson

sick.gif
You think HB would really come back again?

And #*#! you Dre
laugh.gif

I agree IF he gets it going. He's just as capable of going 4-15 as he is of doing what he did last night though. Maybe he's more consistent in year 2, but you'll also add Sheed next year and he won't be asked to score as much.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Davis

MKG

Robinson

sick.gif
You think HB would really come back again?

And #*#! you Dre
laugh.gif

I agree IF he gets it going. He's just as capable of going 4-15 as he is of doing what he did last night though. Maybe he's more consistent in year 2, but you'll also add Sheed next year and he won't be asked to score as much.

Originally Posted by Jay02

1. Barnes
2. Davis
3. Drummond
4. Rivers
5. Lamb
6. Jones III
7. Sullinger
8. Robinson

Other than the whole beating people of the dribble thing yeah sure, all the moves.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom