If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by KingRamey

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:
KingRamey wrote:
Kanye is GOAT. Besides Man on the Moon, 808s is the only album i can listen to and not skip any tracks so that album is definitley up there. Waaaaaaaaaay up there
roll.gif
This *%@+% getting funnier by the post. If post count did matter (which it doesn't)...I actually have more than you so try again.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
dude said because he can listen to 808s (an album of Kanye singing) without skipping a track, Kanye is the greatest rapper of all time. Then goes on to say because you have a new account your opinion doesn't matter.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Looking at some of these posts some you guys have to be under 21, or just started listening to hip hop.

Kanye West is a great artist, but some of you are giving him to much credit.

Just for the record RZA>>>>>>>>Kanye.

Some of these youngsters need to listen to some rap/hip hop from 91-99, and try again........
laugh.gif
u callin folks young then u come off like the average 30 year old hip hop head talkin bout some rza... rza cant touch kanye in ANY aspect of music making... are u serious? i KNOW u dont think rza is a good rapper...
36 Chambers, Wu-tang Forever, Liquid Swords, OB4CL, Ironman >>>>>>ANY body of work, production wise by Kanye.

You need to put that pipe down, if you think otherwise.

Kanye is the better artist, but not the better producer.

Rza opened the door for Kanye, and other producer/rappers.

He is not, and will never be the GOAT in any aspect of hip hop or producing.

Get over it..........

never said he was the goat in either... but he's better than rza...

Originally Posted by Garcia y Vega

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Originally Posted by rock55asu

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Originally Posted by Diego

Why do fans of Rap/Hip Hop always feel the need to rate rappers in numbered order?

I dont think any other genre of music has this infatuation with rating in this manner.
You'd be surprised man... those classic rock guys get HEATED over Zeppelin vs. Beatles vs. Pink Floyd vs. Rolling Stones vs. Beach Boys.
No one ever includes the Beach Boys in that discussion.  But I have heard some epic Zep vs Metallica arguments.  The Beatles vs. the Stones comes up alot but the Beach Boys and Pink Floyd do not really belong in that conversation.
No man, people very often debate Beach Boys vs. Beatles. They claim the Beach Boys' harmonies and melodic arrangements are the best of all time. It's from 2002, but look at this forum thread and how many people heavily favor the Beach Boys. Personally, I believe that the Beatles are the GOAT, but many, many people disagree. Also you absolutely can't say Pink Floyd doesn't belong.

And don't get me started on the dudes obsessed with Phish and Grateful Dead... that gets thrown in quite a bit as well. Although they're usually too high to say more than, "their music is just chill"
laugh.gif

You shouldn't have wasted your time explaining yourself...80% of this forum thinks of The Beach Boys as nothing more than the guys who sang "Surfin USA"

Personally I enjoy the Beach Boys but they are not on the level with the other bands he mentioned.  I should have been more clear about that part of my post.  Most of the world thinks of the Beach Boys as the guys that did "Surfing USA"  It kind of is a gift and a curse to make such a huge song.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:
KingRamey wrote:
Kanye is GOAT. Besides Man on the Moon, 808s is the only album i can listen to and not skip any tracks so that album is definitley up there. Waaaaaaaaaay up there
roll.gif
This *%@+% getting funnier by the post. If post count did matter (which it doesn't)...I actually have more than you so try again.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
dude said because he can listen to 808s (an album of Kanye singing) without skipping a track, Kanye is the greatest rapper of all time. Then goes on to say because you have a new account your opinion doesn't matter.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

The funny %@+% is...this account ain't even new. So homie failed in all aspects.

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:
KingRamey wrote:
roll.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

where in my post did i say that? those were two separate statements. 
"Kanye is the GOAT" - statement 1

"808s..." statement 2 

Dont try and make jokes because your reading skills suck. Try again

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

YO YO YO YO YO

all bullish aside

can we please all agree that Late Registration is a classic and his best album

please
Both points are debatable, but not far fetched.

yet Late Registration shouldn't even be mentioned in same breath as Vol. 1, yall kill me.
laugh.gif

do the Jay stans even consider Vol. 1 a classic?
I really don't think we should be comparing Jay and Kanye albums.

Jay's albums are way better in the sense of lyrics, and being a rapper. Like, RD completely #*!!% on CD in the lyrical sense. CD and LR are both amazing albums due to their production and creativity.

They're in two completely ballparks. I find it extremely ridiculous to say CD=RD. I think CD is a classic but Reasonable Doubt is in a whole different league and one of the greatest rap albums ever IMO.

I dunno, I would go in more depth with what I'm trying to say but I'm about to go eat and don't feel the need to try and justify anything about Jay-Z to the biggest Jay hater in the entire universe.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

This N' time said Kanye is a better producer than RZA, im goin to bed....

im sayin, i respect many people on NT's opinions but sometimes you dudes go off on some crazy tangents

if it was Jay-Z murdering all these amazing RZA beats over the years it would be a totally different story. I mean i'd almost put RZA and Kanye in the same class as rappers as well

Like I'm trying to understand his stance on it but it's not working. RZA as a producer>>>>>kanye as a producer and Kanye is probably my favorite hip-hop producer at the moment.

take yo *****assness to bed with u

maybe its cuz i dont care for wu tang... rza got some dope *@%* but he got alot of *@%* that sounds like noise to me...

either way... i dont care about what yall think about my opinions...

*shrugs

*writes a verse wit subliminals to all yall _s
devil.gif

College Dropout and Late Registration are Classics.

And Graduation was a 3.75-4/5.

Flashing Lights was one of the dopest (AND unconventional) singles/beats in the last decade.

Dudes saying KanYe West didn't innovate rap for the better...REALLY? You REALLY think that?

Yea we got skinny jeans rappers but we also got popular artists like Drake, Lupe, CuDi, and other Rap Artists that you can listen to in the car with your girl or even parents.

Everybody can't relate to 50 Cent. I dig that type of rap but I'm happy my cousins put me onto Ye when I was WAY younger. *##% mattered when I was younger.

I can't illustrate the look I had on my face the first time my dad (50 year old Jamaican cat) told me he liked "Slow Jamz" 
laugh.gif

Edit:

He wont be the G.O.A.T RAPPER, though. Just had to clarify.
laugh.gif

Innovator, Rap tastemaker and Hip-Hop Legend seems like a better title though.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

im sayin, i respect many people on NT's opinions but sometimes you dudes go off on some crazy tangents

if it was Jay-Z murdering all these amazing RZA beats over the years it would be a totally different story. I mean i'd almost put RZA and Kanye in the same class as rappers as well

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm 28. I'm a Wu Tang fan. I have been since I was a youngster. BUT I agree with TIME.

Originally Posted by TheHype

College Dropout and Late Registration are Classics.

And Graduation was a 3.75-4/5.

Flashing Lights was one of the dopest (AND unconventional) singles/beats in the last decade.

Dudes saying KanYe West didn't innovate rap for the better...REALLY? You REALLY think that?

Yea we got skinny jeans rappers but we also got popular artists like Drake, Lupe, CuDi, and other Rap Artists that you can listen to in the car with your girl or even parents.

Everybody can't relate to 50 Cent. I dig that type of rap but I'm happy my cousins put me onto Ye when I was WAY younger. *##% mattered when I was younger.

I can't illustrate the look I had on my face the first time my dad (50 year old Jamaican cat) told me he liked "Slow Jamz" 
laugh.gif

Edit:

He wont be the G.O.A.T RAPPER, though. Just had to clarify.
laugh.gif

Innovator, Rap tastemaker and Hip-Hop Legend seems like a better title though.

Great unbiased explanation touché

When I saw this thread title earlier today I knew this thread would be comedy.  
laugh.gif

YO YO YO YO YO
all bullish aside

please

yet Late Registration shouldn't even be mentioned in same breath as Vol. 1, yall kill me.
laugh.gif

Jay's albums are way better in the sense of lyrics, and being a rapper. Like, RD completely #*!!% on CD in the lyrical sense. CD and LR are both amazing albums due to their production and creativity.

They're in two completely ballparks. I find it extremely ridiculous to say CD=RD. I think CD is a classic but Reasonable Doubt is in a whole different league and one of the greatest rap albums ever IMO.

I dunno, I would go in more depth with what I'm trying to say but I'm about to go eat and don't feel the need to try and justify anything about Jay-Z to the biggest Jay hater in the entire universe.

i'm honored by the title, however undeserving it may be
laugh.gif

the thing is, we're pretty much agreement and i said a few of those things on the previous page.

Reasonable Doubt is amazing to me, i honestly believe it's one of the best displays of lyricism and rapping ability ever.

i already stated what i was implying by CD= RD so i'll dead that there. but i'm still curious as to why Late Registration is so far behind Vol. 1 or any of the subsequent volumes despite their being "incomparable."

you acknowledge it as a classic but dismiss it when held next to works by Jay? riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

I'd take Kanye over RZA anyday.
Same here and I aint no youngster either. Kanye is more versatile to me, Rza's sound is for one city and one city only.... NY

Stop it. You're making sense.

YO YO YO YO YO
all bullish aside

please

laugh.gif

i'm honored by the title, however undeserving it may be
laugh.gif

the thing is, we're pretty much agreement and i said a few of those things on the previous page.

Reasonable Doubt is amazing to me, i honestly believe it's one of the best displays of lyricism and rapping ability ever.

i already stated what i was implying by CD= RD so i'll dead that there. but i'm still curious as to why Late Registration is so far behind Vol. 1 or any of the subsequent volumes despite their being "incomparable."

you acknowledge it as a classic but dismiss it when held next to works by Jay? riiiiiiiiiiiight.
I never said LR was that far behind Vol. 1

I just posted that GIF mainly because of the RD comment and because the GIF is funny.
laugh.gif

I feel like either album could have a case stated for it, but they're again, extremely different.

Late Registration is a very creative and musical album, Vol. 1 (again) is a more typical album in comparison to the creativeness of LR, but there are amazing songs and lyrics on the album, and I feel Vol. 1 is more of a rap classic, than Late Registration is.

That actually doesn't make any sense when I read it
laugh.gif
, I dunno what I'm trying to say. Like, Late Registration is a classic musically, but Vol. 1 is a classic (debatable comment) in the sense of lyrics and just more raw rap.

I dunno, I really didn't disagree with your comments too much except RD, and I don't really care either because it's just opinion.

roll.gif

further proof that it doesnt take ANY cognitive ability to make a decent beat ... the dude TIME has about 3 beats i thought were nice, but he clearly doesnt understand music one bit ... this is the same guy that said Em cant ride a beat
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom