If LeBron were to ever get an All-NBA player alongside him;

What are the limitations?

I mean, seriously, LeBron got to the finals in his fourth year (and if you think he had much help, come on).

Michael Jordan didn't get past the first round until his fourth year, and the following year (his fifth season) was ousted in the ECF (as did the followingyear).

Now,LeBron entered the L at the young age of 18, 3 years younger than Jordan when he came into the League. If LeBron were to get some help, say a swing-man ora good PG to compliment him, what are the limitations. Now, I am not comparing the skill of MJ to LBJ, but if LBJ could ever get a GOOD player to complimenthim, hell, not even a top-10 player, say, an Andre Iguodala, how much it would spread out the floor, and how great they could do. I mean Drew Gooden and Big Zweren't much before they came to Cleveland, but if LBJ wasn't there, dear God they're be attrocious. (No offense to Cavs fans).

How well could LBJ and the Cavaliers do? There's players in college older than him, lets remember that. He still has probably 14-16 years of career leftahead of him, I think the sky is the limit honestly, I mean, you can criticize him all you want for not winning the Finals last year, but lets face it, theSpurs are a great team right now, but Duncan is getting older, and he won't be nearly as effective as he is now in 6-7 years, when LBJ will be getting intohis prime.

How about LBJ and Dwight Howard??
laugh.gif
Dear God.. It's just funny thinking about howthings can turn out, I mean he can always break both his legs or something and end his career, but man, the potential is literally unlimited for him.

If Boozer had stayed, that would be a deadly duo which would've given the Spurs some problems in the finals..

But I agree that the most insane combo in the league would be LeBron + Dwight.. One of the two teams should drop all plans and focus on making this happen.

LeBron + Dwight.

won't work because both operate in the paint, they need room in the paint to score. both are non-jumpers.

Big Z is the second best center in the East. Leading the league in offensive rebounds. No one is giving him credit. Didn't he block 7 shots in one game?

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

lebron + iguodala = jordan + pippen part deux

hm... let me go math teacher on you.
1. in order for "lebron + iguodala = jordan + pippen" to stand true...
2. you must mean iguodala = pippen and lebron = jordan. surely, you could not mean, iguodala = jordan and lebron = pippen.
3. iguodala = pippen can't be true because we all know that pippen > iguodala. if pippen > igoudala, then to balance the equation you would have tohave meant that lebron > jordan. And at this point in their respective careers that is laughable.
4. In conclusion, Lebron needs a better sidekick than Iguodala, than Big Z, than constantly injured guy. With the utter crap that is on the rest of the roster,Lebron would need someone like Marion to beat the Western powerhouses in a series of 7. Marion is just as versatile as Lebron (except for running the point),can play vicious D, all around dude that doesnt need the ball to play. That's what LBJ is for, and that Cavs couch just runs isos for LBJ anyway... Thenagain the chances of cleveland getting someone of marion's caliber with the crap on their roster is ****e...

Man, this is what I was thinking when Boozer left. How would lebron fair without a quality big man, or without a number two guy. His numbers are amazing, butat the same time are numbers going to win you championships without any help.

Originally Posted by quiktoflip

Isnt Marion a free agent after this season....?

I actually think that would be an interesting pairing, but if Marion wants to be the man so bad, going to Clev is not the answer he's looking for.

Originally Posted by arsene knows

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

lebron + iguodala = jordan + pippen part deux

hm... let me go math teacher on you.
1. in order for "lebron + iguodala = jordan + pippen" to stand true...
2. you must mean iguodala = pippen and lebron = jordan. surely, you could not mean, iguodala = jordan and lebron = pippen.
3. iguodala = pippen can't be true because we all know that pippen > iguodala. if pippen > igoudala, then to balance the equation you would have to have meant that lebron > jordan. And at this point in their respective careers that is laughable.
4. In conclusion, Lebron needs a better sidekick than Iguodala, than Big Z, than constantly injured guy. With the utter crap that is on the rest of the roster, Lebron would need someone like Marion to beat the Western powerhouses in a series of 7. Marion is just as versatile as Lebron (except for running the point), can play vicious D, all around dude that doesnt need the ball to play. That's what LBJ is for, and that Cavs couch just runs isos for LBJ anyway... Then again the chances of cleveland getting someone of marion's caliber with the crap on their roster is !+##...
"And that's what that's all about."
a0CG7dmT8u8.jpg

LeBron had his sidekick in Boozer, sucks what happened. I still sorta think Boozer screwed the Cavs, but thats business.

i like te Cav's roster. I still think Z is a good player, and he has been doing really good this year. He in really good shape and can log more minutes anight. Sasha isnt bad, he is a good shooter and HAS made a lot of shots in the clutch for Cleveland. Boobie needs to do something, right now he is basicallyjust on the court, i know he can shoot but he needs to help lebron run the offense... Drew Gooden is like a low end version of Boozer.. I like his style, andhis competitiveness, but he is not a starting player, he would be a really good 6th man if the cavs got a dominant forward

Larry is always getting hurt and i know he was defensive player of the year, but i dont like him on the team.

After the starters, they have a weak bench IMO, look what happens when lebron is out. Need i mention the Pistons game a few days ago

LeBron is good enough to take this team deep in the playoffs, but not to win a title.
Look at the past NBA champs, they had more than one option. The Spurs, Pistons, Lakers, Heat...

As a Cleveland fan, i hope they have a good off season, and aquirement a power forward who can go to work...

JapanAir21 wrote:
I mean, seriously, LeBron got to the finals in his fourth year (and if you think he had much help, come on).

Michael Jordan didn't get past the first round until his fourth year, and the following year (his fifth season) was ousted in the ECF (as did the following year).

I don't see the correlation. If you think lebron could get to the Finals with that cavs team by his fourth year in the mid to late80's, you're insane.

LeBron's "Pippen" complement is in the NBA right now. His name is Josh Howard. It's going to be very difficult to acquire Howard of the typeof player he is due to contractual issues. The one other player that is a possibilty is Danny Granger. Although, he's become the team leader in Indiana.

Shawn Marion will be very expensive. The Cavs would have to do a sign and trade.

I'm in the minority, but I think LeBron is better than Jordan at the same stage in their careers. The 4th quarter of Game 5 of the 2007 ECF is therainmaker.

Jordan needed Pippen to advance in the playoffs. LeBron did not.
Jordan needed coaching to advance to the finals. LeBron did not.
Jordan didn't need anything else after that.

LeBron is just physically dominating. He completely abused a Piston team that is loaded with solid defenders. Defenders that take charges, get steals, blockshots, rebound, and force turnovers. LeBron just dunked on them all. Jordan dunked on players. LeBron dunks on teams.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What are the limitations?

Michael Jordan didn't get past the first round until his fourth year, and the following year (his fifth season) was ousted in the ECF (as did the following year).
Your lost all credibility right in the beginning....your actually comparing the east NOW to the east in the 80's??...if you put jordan in theeast last year he would've made it to the finals last year too..

Lebron is lucky he plays in the east cuz if he was in the West cavs wouldn't even make the playoffs

I completely agree with the Josh Howard comment. Dude is the next sidekick to a championship team, as soon as he gets out of dallas
laugh.gif

kidding mavs fans.

I'm in the minority, but I think LeBron is better than Jordan at the same stage in their careers. The 4th quarter of Game 5 of the 2007 ECF is the rainmaker.

Jordan needed Pippen to advance in the playoffs. LeBron did not.
Jordan needed coaching to advance to the finals. LeBron did not.
Jordan didn't need anything else after that.

LeBron is just physically dominating. He completely abused a Piston team that is loaded with solid defenders. Defenders that take charges, get steals, block shots, rebound, and force turnovers. LeBron just dunked on them all. Jordan dunked on players. LeBron dunks on teams.
It's not really a fair comparison considering their practically a decade or two apart. The NBA has changed, it's a lot "softer"now. LeBron would be crying with all the hand checks and 80's and early 90's defense. Now you barely get tapped and a foul is called and when a windpasses a plyer by and no foul is called, they whine and complain to the refs. The East was also a lot stronger in Jordan's Era or more competetive againstthe west.

I agree that if the Cavs were in the West, they might be as bad as the Clippers or the Lakers. I can't take away from LeBron's accomplishments becausethey are great and i'm sure he'll do great things as well but he's still no comparison or better than MJ. It's not a fair comparison, let'ssee first if LeBron could win the MVP and win a ring. If he wins a ring or two without help, maybe he is better but right now we can't make any conclusion.

you guys need to stop overanalysing the pippen analogies. lebron doesnt need a player as good as pip, he just needs someone to be his sidekick. iguodala,howard, marion and a dozen other dudes could be that guy. personally i think pairing bron with ron artest would be very entertaining and hilarious

Back
Top Bottom