If life is found on other planets, does that make Christianity a fraud religion?

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Glazing through this thread

Seeing a lot of DUMB & ARROGANT people

*insert comeback*
yeah I don't care what you say so you're not doing it

Isn't this your response to every single thread you post in?

"If we do not destroy ourselves first, we will find that life is a fairly common occurrence throughout theuniverse."
I somewhat believe that.
but man, i wonder why there is so many atheists or religion discrediters on NT

Originally Posted by de PHX Jose

"If we do not destroy ourselves first, we will find that life is a fairly common occurrence throughout the universe."
I somewhat believe that.
Same here, let us Christians believe in something that's illogical in your minds. Just because it doesn't make sense to you guys,doesn't mean you can denounce our beliefs and call us ignorant people. Just live and let live (did I say that right?
laugh.gif
).

"If we do not destroy ourselves first, we will find that life is a fairly common occurrence throughout the universe."
I somewhat believe that.

It's not just NT, it's America in general. Atheism is the new religion and "cool" thing right now...

Reading over again I dont think anybody said that in Genesis 1:14 he says he made the Stars.....it's like in the first page of the Bible I cant believenobody pointed this out...........

The phrase "heaven(s) and earth" in Scripture is an example of a figure of speech called a merism, where two opposites are combined into anall-encompassing single concept, in this case the totality of creation. A linguistic analysis of the words "heaven(s) and earth" in Scripture showsthat they refer to the totality of all creation (the Hebrews did not have a word for "universe").

I somewhat believe that.

It's not just NT, it's America in general. Atheism is the new religion and "cool" thing right now...
laugh.gif

Actually, it is quite apparent (especially with our generation) that many claim to be a specific religion (mainly due to their parents' association withthe same religion) but when asked theological/philosophical questions, come off as atheists or agnostics. However, said individuals are afraid to callthemselves "atheists" or "agnostics" due to the overwhelming popularity of religion in the United States. Think about it, how many youngpeople do you know who claim they are "Christian" but do not follow every rule of the religion, or do not care for even having an opinion about theexistence of God? I can comfortably say that the majority of my friends who call themselves "Christian" (or any other religious followers for thatmatter) do not follow the religion's teachings, contradict it, and overall do not even care about what it means to be a religious follower. The state ofreligious affiliation in the United States (especially with the youth) is a sad affair. We have plenty of youths who claim to be associated with specificreligions yet do so only because of their parents/communities.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that you are NOT religious, it is tremendously more important for the continuation of religion and its' impact onsociety to do so then to continue to claim to be of a certain religious belief when in reality you do not care for it whatsoever.

I'm an agnostic..needless to say I support evolution and i don't believe in Adam and Eve since afterall we share common DNA from rodents and sciencehas proven we had a common ancestor about 80 million years ago

Much of the bible has been written by the people who were victorious and the winners of their time and had power..just like history

Originally Posted by wsdesigner14

I somewhat believe that.

laugh.gif

Actually, it is quite apparent (especially with our generation) that many claim to be a specific religion (mainly due to their parents' association with the same religion) but when asked theological/philosophical questions, come off as atheists or agnostics. However, said individuals are afraid to call themselves "atheists" or "agnostics" due to the overwhelming popularity of religion in the United States. Think about it, how many young people do you know who claim they are "Christian" but do not follow every rule of the religion, or do not care for even having an opinion about the existence of God? I can comfortably say that the majority of my friends who call themselves "Christian" (or any other religious followers for that matter) do not follow the religion's teachings, contradict it, and overall do not even care about what it means to be a religious follower. The state of religious affiliation in the United States (especially with the youth) is a sad affair. We have plenty of youths who claim to be associated with specific religions yet do so only because of their parents/communities.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that you are NOT religious, it is tremendously more important for the continuation of religion and its' impact on society to do so then to continue to claim to be of a certain religious belief when in reality you do not care for it whatsoever.

I know huh. I guess they just want to satisfy their parents. and what about the ones who just ASK from God, but never thank him/it when goodhappens to them?
but right now i'm like no religion
ohwell.gif
though i was raised asCatholic. i stopped because it seemed too judgemental, and full of contradictory, that a GOD would just not do..

Originally Posted by M16

laugh.gif
at this thread

Dudes arguing about things they have no idea about.

Like I said before, nothing in any 3 of the major religons says God ONLY created humans... so discovering alien life means nothing.

/THREAD.
Ask a die-hard Christian if they believe in Aliens though ...

Originally Posted by epox12

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Glazing through this thread

Seeing a lot of DUMB & ARROGANT people

*insert comeback*
yeah I don't care what you say so you're not doing it

Isn't this your response to every single thread you post in?
roll.gif
Now HE thought he was doing it
roll.gif

sure.

science can explain up to the big bang...

well, now a little bit before the big bang...

but they're still pretty clueless...

who's to say that wasn't triggered by an extraterrestrial?

who's to say life wasn't implanted on this planet by an extraterrestrial?

exactly. haysh.

plus, it explains the pyramids....lol

people take the bible to literally just enjoy it for what it is, an allegory that one can use to better ones life. Its not a history book or a biology book.Its a beautiful piece of work and people are looking at it in the wrong way.

Originally Posted by SOleILL

Im christian and thats alll that matters to me. Seeing is believing for me and trust me ive seen enough things and felt enough things to believe in God.I can write a whole essay of what ive seen. I was catholic for 16 years by the way if it matters. Atheist will be the first ones on there knees BEGGING not to go to hell i bet when judment day comes.
Is that so?
laugh.gif

so to answer the OP's question, no i dont think that proof of life on mars, which if anything would be just micro organic life, would not completely blowchristianity out of the water. i dont think even theories such as evolution completely discredit religion, because both those theories have flaws andaren't completely fact. imo, believing in evolution takes just as much faith as believing in creation. there are so many holes and initial assumptions youmust accept in order for evolution to make sense, just as it would to believe god created everything. this doesn't mean that all of science is mumbo jumbo,since things like natural selection is apparent and obvious. basically there are things that support both creation and evolution and there are things thatdiscredit both as well. also think if god does exist he wouldn't make it so obvious that he does cuz i think he maybe wants people to have faith idk. justbelieve what you see or see what you believe.

anyway i know it don't change a thing by me saying it but i think seriously some of the ppl here need to chill out, christians and atheists alike. bothparties see the radicals of both sides, and then make a generalization of anyone who calls themselves a christian or an atheist. not every atheist iscompletely closed-minded looking to bash religion every chance they have, and not every christian is trying to push their religion in everyone's faces andconvert. if you don't have anything nice, informative and helpful to say then keep it to yourself there's no room to bash each other's beliefsbecause to each their own but what good does that do saying this is niketalk lol.

to add/reiterate what i said i just think its really d*cks to bash ANYONE for their beliefs/non-beliefs. america is all about the freedom to believe what youwant and for those of us that live in america lets just be happy that we live in a country where we are not killed for our personal beliefs.

nah, kneesh, I'm dead +%%....

people get all bent out of shape to think of our creator in the heavens actually being real and tangible....

cause I said "extra terrestrial"

what is god, if not an exta terrestrial?

even if you're prejudiced to the name "alien",

you must admit he isn't terrestrial, right?

right.

anyway, that's my theory in merging science AND religion....

Religion was made by man, and no man is perfect, therefore =

There's good and bad in religions, but tobe apart and believe in everything an organized group feeds you is insane, to ME.

oh, btw, bwhahahahaahaha@accepting "natural selection" because it's "apparent and obvious", but "evolution" is blindbelief.....

hee hawwww

Back
Top Bottom