If life is found on other planets, does that make Christianity a fraud religion?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

so Yes or No...

are religions proven false if an alien lands on earth?
no...religions are false and man-made regardless. the existence of a higher being is yet to be determined....

In your mind, that's not truth, nor can I tell you mine is truth..............it's like this most people dont believe because of LACK, evidence,feeling, proof, and experience but you cant say he's not real to me because i have experienced him in ways I cant just imagine up, sorry, .......so thatslike saying that Strawberrys are not sweet and cant be and youve never had a true taste and maybe got a rotten one, so inturn because of lack in knowing whatthe Strawberry really taste like you tell me it taste like dirt and that im totally wrong........Ive been eating them dayly.......you cant tell me what theytaste like i know Sir.

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

so Yes or No...

no...religions are false and man-made regardless. the existence of a higher being is yet to be determined....

In your mind, that's not truth, nor can I tell you mine is truth..............it's like this most people dont believe because of LACK, evidence, feeling, proof, and experience but you cant say he's not real to me because i have experienced him in ways I cant just imagine up, sorry, so that like saying that Strawberry are not sweet to me and youve never had a ture taste and maybe got a rotten one, so inturn because of lack in knowing what the Strawberry really taste like you tell me it taste like dirt and that im totally wrong........Ive been eating them dayly.......you cant tell me what they taste like i know Sir.
i agree

so Yes or No...

In your mind, that's not truth, nor can I tell you mine is truth..............it's like this most people dont believe because of LACK, evidence, feeling, proof, and experience but you cant say he's not real to me because i have experienced him in ways I cant just imagine up, sorry, .......so thats like saying that Strawberrys are not sweet and cant be and youve never had a true taste and maybe got a rotten one, so inturn because of lack in knowing what the Strawberry really taste like you tell me it taste like dirt and that im totally wrong........Ive been eating them dayly.......you cant tell me what they taste like i know Sir.
exactly what i was thinkin, just without the strawberry reference

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

WHAT NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME IN THESE THREADs IS HOW UNITED ALL YOU ATHEISTS SEEM TO BE. SHARED BELIEFS PERHAPS?

Atheist don't deny they share a belief that there is no god. I don't understand the amazement.

DING DING DING
smile.gif

grin.gif
GOT EM!

even if I know in my mind my truth is truth (and I do), I cant make you believe it you have to experience it for yourself, Jesus never saved by words anywayshe did it with actions.......it's why I harddddllyyyy ever jump into these things and the fact this place is full of 14yr olds lol

Im christian and thats alll that matters to me. Seeing is believing for me and trust me ive seen enough things and felt enough things to believe in God.I canwrite a whole essay of what ive seen. I was catholic for 16 years by the way if it matters. Atheist will be the first ones on there knees BEGGING not to go tohell i bet when judment day comes.

Originally Posted by SOleILL

Im christian and thats alll that matters to me. Seeing is believing for me and trust me ive seen enough things and felt enough things to believe in God.I can write a whole essay of what ive seen. I was catholic for 16 years by the way if it matters. Atheist will be the first ones on there knees BEGGING not to go to hell i bet when judment day comes.
please...do share

and don't worry...if im wrong in my atheist ways...i'll just be re-born again...no hell for me
pimp.gif

Trelvis Tha Thrilla wrote:
epox12 wrote:
Point is, Mars and the other natural satellites are considered part of the heavens...generally speaking
Neil Armstrong has been on the moon, according to Christianity does that mean he has been to the heavens? I am seriously asking.

I would like to hear the answer to this also

Yes.

Again

"Heaven" and "Heavens" are two different places. Some of you guys are still failing to grasp this elementary concept.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

I'm one of the few that completely backs science while being a loyal christian. So it wouldn't change anything for me.
How does that work?
Ok, let me make it simple for you. You know how King Arthur has the Excalibur and Merlin, well replace King Arthur with God, the Excalibur with Satan, and Merlin with Jesus, and King Arthur's horse with evolution. That's how I believe in god and evolution.
That was %*$**@+ ******ed. Murder yourself.
I couldn't help myself. Calm down young man.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
dude was mashing the keys on the keyboard.
Wow.
laugh.gif

1. Condescend after a simple, honest question.
  2. Fail to make a point.
  3. Back pedal.
Defending religion: It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Trelvis Tha Thrilla wrote:
epox12 wrote:
Point is, Mars and the other natural satellites are considered part of the heavens...generally speaking
Neil Armstrong has been on the moon, according to Christianity does that mean he has been to the heavens? I am seriously asking.

I would like to hear the answer to this also

Yes.

Again

"Heaven" and "Heavens" are two different places. Some of you guys are still failing to grasp this elementary concept.

I take it you did not see page 8.

Wow.
Condescend after a simple, honest question.
Fail to make a point.
Back peddle.

I have never done this and I dont need to, matter a fact MANY people in this thread started talking about Carbon dating and then a bring up "good"points and nada, funny they can throw darts and miss all they want and still be right yet Christians throw one that misses in your mind and our wrong and itsour death?.......hmmm ok

so Yes or No...

In your mind, that's not truth, nor can I tell you mine is truth..............it's like this most people dont believe because of LACK, evidence, feeling, proof, and experience but you cant say he's not real to me because i have experienced him in ways I cant just imagine up, sorry, .......so thats like saying that Strawberrys are not sweet and cant be and youve never had a true taste and maybe got a rotten one, so inturn because of lack in knowing what the Strawberry really taste like you tell me it taste like dirt and that im totally wrong........Ive been eating them dayly.......you cant tell me what they taste like i know Sir.
Exactly, bro. As Christians, we "walk by faith, not by sight."
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Atheists...the only thing funnier than religious zealots.
forreal

its hilarious how steadfast and ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE they are that religion isnt true and that a god doesnt exist

at the end of the day , if you have faith that a higher power exists , theres no way to DISPROVE it . if you believe that god doesnt exist , there is no way to PROVE it
. both beliefs hinge on faith

Firstly, in regards to atheists being positive that religion is not true; religion itself is not something that can be considered as true or false. If you look at a specific religion, say Christianity, its' historical claims simply cannot be proven as truth due to various scientific and historical contradictions. If you are using the word "true" in the sense that most do today, religion simply cannot be explained using said term. In turn, this leads religion to itself be a faith-based concept (just like the existence of God). When dealing with faith based concepts, one cannot prove or disprove them. However, imposing the same logic which you (most people in our current world) would use in regards to everyday life onto religion can in fact produce truths or fallacies. For example, by using our knowledge regarding human life and health, we can prove false the idea that persons can live up to 900 years (as stated in the bible).

What I, as an atheist, believe is that religion is a faith based concept BUT one which claims fallacies. These in turn, can in fact be proven either false or true. Furthermore, as an atheist I believe that religious people who follow Christianity (for example), would look at certain parts of religion, the bible, or its' history and truly examine the validity of the claims made, the overwhelming result would be false claims. As a logical person, I hope that those who follow a religion, upon discovering such fallacies, would realize that you cannot "pick and choose" parts of a religion to follow it, and hopefully abandon it.

Secondly, in regards to the existence of God; why must the burden of truth be placed on those who disprove the existence of God? Obviously there will never (most likely) be any "true" evidence that God either exists or does not, but those who claim its' existence base their argument on faith, while those who disprove its' existence attempt to use science, logic, and other tools which we as humans can understand and come to agreement over.

As an atheist, I do not have an issue with those who believe in God simply based on faith (I have no interest in their belief as it does not rely on anything but faith) yet those who claim the existence of God due to faith RESULTING from religion, those persons need to be made aware of the contradictions and fallacies of religion.

It is our duty to investigate the claims of religion as inhabitants of this Earth, it should not be accepted to simply regard religion and the subsequent existence of God as "true" and "fact" as many do.

Everyone on NT should be required to take a theology class before posting in these threads. The ignorance is truly astounding.

Originally Posted by M16

Everyone on NT should be required to take a theology class before posting in these threads. The ignorance is truly astounding.
it's funny you bring up ignorance in a religion thread...quite ironic actually
laugh.gif

and i took 5 theology classes between highschool and college, just to pass your little posting test

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Life as in oxygen products .

Y'all really think that if the public is told that there are other beings CONFIRMED ... that there wouldn't be some type of ... something ?

Realistically .

"Oxygen products" does not signify the presence of "LIFE" though--

But I'm curious though--what do you mean by "oxygen products"...

Oxygen = Life IMO .

Water , plants , etc .
lol
the worst scientific theory ive ever heard

I'm one of the few that completely backs science while being a loyal christian. So it wouldn't change anything for me.
How does that work?
Ok, let me make it simple for you. You know how King Arthur has the Excalibur and Merlin, well replace King Arthur with God, the Excalibur with Satan, and Merlin with Jesus, and King Arthur's horse with evolution. That's how I believe in god and evolution.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Wow.
laugh.gif

2. Fail to make a point.
  3. Back pedal.
eek.gif
1. It's a complex answer that I don't feel like posting
2. I know.
laugh.gif

3. You're completely right.
laugh.gif

Defending religion is hard to defend against closed-minded individuals. There's room for science and God in my mind, I'll just leave it at that.

How does that work?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Wow.
laugh.gif

2. Fail to make a point.
  3. Back pedal.
eek.gif
2. I know.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Defending religion is hard to defend against closed-minded individuals. There's room for science and God in my mind, I'll just leave it at that.
as in god wrote the laws of science? i don't think it's that crazy of an idea. i don't necessarily agree with it, but i can respectyour belief in that.

How does that work?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Wow.
laugh.gif

2. Fail to make a point.
  3. Back pedal.
eek.gif
2. I know.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

as in god wrote the laws of science? i don't think it's that crazy of an idea. i don't necessarily agree with it, but i can respect your belief in that.
Exactly, I might be wrong though, maybe god isn't real, but that's my belief. I hope that clarifies things for you SWOBOYdeHTEEZY. Trust me, this is coming from an open-minded individual that went out with a few atheistgirls and completely got along with them.

Glazing through this thread

Seeing a lot of DUMB & ARROGANT people

*insert comeback*
yeah I don't care what you say so you're not doing it

Back
Top Bottom