If life is found on other planets, does that make Christianity a fraud religion?

Anton - i agree , and thats my point . us telling the other that theyre wrong is foolish . ive never once tried toconvince ANYONE that they should believe in God or that they should become a Christian if they believe otherwise , just like atheists shouldnt try and make funof and belittle people who DO believe in a god and follow a religion

Dirty - because at the end of the day most of these people arent really anti religion , theyre anti Christianity/Islam/Judaism(lumping them together bc at the core they are all very similar and have the same origin)

Dirty - because at the end of the day most of these people arent really anti religion , theyre anti Christianity/Islam/Judaism (lumping them together bc at the core they are all very similar and have the same origin)

There is nothing I hate more than people who begin their statements with "at the end of the day" but you managed to not only do that but to make anidiotic generalization of all atheists as well. Congrats

Christianity is a type of religion. Christianity is a faith. There ARE religions based on fact.
The sentence made no sense.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

why do Atheists focus on Christianity as the representative religion for all religions?

QFT.......

Christianity is the "dominant" religion in these United States, ergo it's the focus of most of these discussions. I'm certainan atheist in Saudi Arabia would focus his arguments on Islam.

i'm lost, thread idea makes no sense.

so, the bible says there is only life on earth
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
dude said little one. Atheist's biggest claim is to not caring about ones religion, and therefore being far more rational than others without the same beliefs. What is paradoxical is that on this forum it is often the Atheists that exude the gang mentality, and resort to name calling like "little one"...... Atheists in their united hatred for religion, become indoctrinated into the system itself in the process.....I could care less that you feel you are separate from this apathy, and if you are in fact as passionate as you claim, I suggest you find something worth being passionate about besides something which exists for the sole purpose of denouncing something.
I can be passionate about denouncing all of the evil +$!+ that is carried out in the name of something I don't believe to exist. That isworth being passionate about. Being an Atheist isn't just about denouncing god's existence. It's not any more for show than your belief in god. Tome the biggest difference between believers and non-believers is this: By not believing in god, the faithful believe the nonbeliever is eternally damned. Ijust think you are wrong. To me, one of those is really dangerous and insulting.

Want to know a bit more? Check out this nice Link about AtheistUnited, a group I am a member of.

And I don't hate religion. Do I find it poisonous? Yes. Do I think the world would be better without it's existence? Yup. But I don't hate it. Forbetter or worse (read: worse), To a lot of people, religion is all they have. No hating that. Believing in god has been proven to make you live longer. Fine.But so does owning a cat.

why do Atheists focus on Christianity as the representative religion for all religions

Good question. Maybe it's because Christianity is the largest religion. I, personally, don't just focus on Christianity. That is the beauty of being anatheist. To me, they all sound bat +$!+ crazy. A Christian isn't any more wrong than a Taoist. A Scientologist isn't any different than a Jew.

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

Dirtylicious wrote:
why do Atheists focus on Christianity as the representative religion for all religions?

Reallllly think about that for a while and youll know why
While I see the point you're trying to make, looking through history, Christianity just recently became the preeminent religion as far asreligions go. Judaism, Islam, and even Catholicism had precedence over Christianity. Really, it only became "popular" once the colonists broke freefrom England in the late 18th century.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

laugh.gif
dude said little one. Atheist's biggest claim is to not caring about ones religion, and therefore being far more rational than others without the same beliefs. What is paradoxical is that on this forum it is often the Atheists that exude the gang mentality, and resort to name calling like "little one"...... Atheists in their united hatred for religion, become indoctrinated into the system itself in the process.....I could care less that you feel you are separate from this apathy, and if you are in fact as passionate as you claim, I suggest you find something worth being passionate about besides something which exists for the sole purpose of denouncing something.
I can be passionate about denouncing all of the evil +$!+ that is carried out in the name of something I don't believe to exist. That is worth being passionate about. Being an Atheist isn't just about denouncing god's existence. It's not any more for show than your belief in god. To me the biggest difference between believers and non-believers is this: By not believing in god, the faithful believe the nonbeliever is eternally damned. I just think you are wrong. To me, one of those is really dangerous and insulting.

Want to know a bit more? Check out this nice Link about Atheist United, a group I am a member of.

And I don't hate religion. Do I find it poisonous? Yes. Do I think the world would be better without it's existence? Yup. But I don't hate it. For better or worse (read: worse), To a lot of people, religion is all they have. No hating that. Believing in god has been proven to make you live longer. Fine. But so does owning a cat.

why do Atheists focus on Christianity as the representative religion for all religions

Good question. Maybe it's because Christianity is the largest religion. I, personally, don't just focus on Christianity. That is the beauty of being an atheist. To me, they all sound bat +$!+ crazy. A Christian isn't any more wrong than a Taoist. A Scientologist isn't any different than a Jew.

very VERY well said
pimp.gif

How did I know you were a member of Athiest United before you posted the link though
laugh.gif
.....Simpleton.

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Dirtylicious wrote:

While I see the point you're trying to make, looking through history, Christianity just recently became the preeminent religion as far as religions go. Judaism, Islam, and even Catholicism had precedence over Christianity. Really, it only became "popular" once the colonists broke free from England in the late 18th century.

And the Bible says we will be hated for our faith so why would it have been popular? the Romans had a field day after Jesus died trying to kill all hisfallowers........you know what they say when big brother is gone......... it's only grown in the United states because of our freedom........you ever beento China? you cant even carry a Bible around freely, my boy just got arrested for it 2 weeks ago lol no joke

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

QFT...

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Dirtylicious wrote:

While I see the point you're trying to make, looking through history, Christianity just recently became the preeminent religion as far as religions go. Judaism, Islam, and even Catholicism had precedence over Christianity. Really, it only became "popular" once the colonists broke free from England in the late 18th century.

And the Bible says we will be hated for our faith so why would it have been popular? the Romans had a field day after Jesus died trying to kill all his fallowers........you know what they say when big brother is gone......... it's only grown in the United states because of our freedom........you ever been to China? you cant even carry a Bible around freely, my boy just got arrested for it 2 weeks ago lol no joke
LOL totally, bro. It's so weird... It's "cool" to openly love Jesus now, but the Christian church is in as much trouble as ithas ever been, be it here in the US or internationally.

So true but the Bible says that it would be towards the end so Im not suprised......The "$%%%+" in revelation, the body of Christ is hurting all overthe world I agree with you man

laugh.gif
at this thread

Dudes arguing about things they have no idea about.

Like I said before, nothing in any 3 of the major religons says God ONLY created humans... so discovering alien life means nothing.

/THREAD.

Originally Posted by M16

laugh.gif
at this thread

Dudes arguing about things they have no idea about.

Like I said before, nothing in any 3 of the major religons says God ONLY created humans... so discovering alien life means nothing.

/THREAD.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

so Yes or No...

are religions proven false if an alien lands on earth?
no...religions are false and man-made regardless. the existence of a higher being is yet to be determined....

Back
Top Bottom