If time travel was possible would it even be that cool?

Our present would be full of future and past people, and they'll take over our world destroy it no man will be safe....Future GrizzTheboss will take over NT :'(

Depends on the definition of time you use.  If you go by the linear definition (the most realistic definition) then the only time travel that would be possible would be to the past.  You would be unable the make any changes to events after the time to which you traveled.  This is due to the fact that anything you do while back in time would have already been done before you time traveled.  Hence you had already done these actions.  If time travel to the future is possible this suggests that all of our actions, decisions, and every aspect of our lives is predetermined.  If you use the circular definition then both time travel to the past and future would be possible.  It would be possible to travel so far into the past of future that you would loop back around to the beginning of time itself.  Again you would be unable to change anything regardless of whether you were in the future or in the past.  This is because with the circular model of time both the past and the future are both before and after the present.  So once again anything you do while time traveling you did before you time traveled.  Neither of these make time travel very cool to me.

Depends on the definition of time you use.  If you go by the linear definition (the most realistic definition) then the only time travel that would be possible would be to the past.  You would be unable the make any changes to events after the time to which you traveled.  This is due to the fact that anything you do while back in time would have already been done before you time traveled.  Hence you had already done these actions.  If time travel to the future is possible this suggests that all of our actions, decisions, and every aspect of our lives is predetermined.  If you use the circular definition then both time travel to the past and future would be possible.  It would be possible to travel so far into the past of future that you would loop back around to the beginning of time itself.  Again you would be unable to change anything regardless of whether you were in the future or in the past.  This is because with the circular model of time both the past and the future are both before and after the present.  So once again anything you do while time traveling you did before you time traveled.  Neither of these make time travel very cool to me.

Originally Posted by xfile 11

on_line.gif
Ginzo

It has to do with the dude in the sunglasses.  People say that the sunglasses and tshirt are way ahead of the time period that the picture was taken in.

The video with the person talking into the cell phone in the silent film is more creepy to me than the picture.

Back to topic, I do not think it would be that cool in the context that nothing could be changed, only seen as if you were a 'ghost.'  If the technology was open to the public-and I say that loosely-like space travel will be in the near future, I do not think that it would be that entertaining.  It would play out like slow movies.  It would be interesting to see different events, past technologies, past accomplishments etc.  With this thought, the past would not change, but most certainly the future would as everyone would have a clear and real view of the past, not the one written in books.  Obviously religion would be completely made or broken by this which is an interesting topic itself.

eek.gif

wow lol idk wat to make out of that video  

Originally Posted by xfile 11

on_line.gif
Ginzo

It has to do with the dude in the sunglasses.  People say that the sunglasses and tshirt are way ahead of the time period that the picture was taken in.

The video with the person talking into the cell phone in the silent film is more creepy to me than the picture.

Back to topic, I do not think it would be that cool in the context that nothing could be changed, only seen as if you were a 'ghost.'  If the technology was open to the public-and I say that loosely-like space travel will be in the near future, I do not think that it would be that entertaining.  It would play out like slow movies.  It would be interesting to see different events, past technologies, past accomplishments etc.  With this thought, the past would not change, but most certainly the future would as everyone would have a clear and real view of the past, not the one written in books.  Obviously religion would be completely made or broken by this which is an interesting topic itself.

eek.gif

wow lol idk wat to make out of that video  

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Yo my mind has just been blown

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Yo my mind has just been blown

Back
Top Bottom