If yesterday's NBA legends vs. today's NBA all-stars?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by mario23407

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

so what is it the Dream Team vs. the Second Coming?

DREAM TEAM:ohwell:/SECOND COMING:
magic johnson // kobe bryant
michael jordan // steve nash
clyde drexler // chris paul
john stockton // rasheed wallace
scottie pippen// tony parker
charles barkley// paul peirce
larry bird// shawn marion
christian laettner// lebron james
chris mullin// amarie staudimire
karl malone// jermain oneil
patrick ewing //
david robinson //

sorry in no particular order as in matched up.. just couldnt bracket them with a tab

no dirk, shaq, tim? ..
On an all time great kind of level, I would not put Dirk, Jermaine, Amare (not yet at least), Marion, or Pierce on par with anyone really. I think that is stretching it considerably.

Or, Shawn Marion, Tony Parker, and Chris Paul. Only legit ones on that list are Kobe, Sheed and Bron.
and Dirk>>Garnett

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

patrick ewing //
david robinson //

sorry in no particular order as in matched up.. just couldnt bracket them with a tab

no dirk, shaq, tim? ..
On an all time great kind of level, I would not put Dirk, Jermaine, Amare (not yet at least), Marion, or Pierce on par with anyone really. I think that is stretching it considerably.

Or, Shawn Marion, Tony Parker, and Chris Paul. Only legit ones on that list are Kobe, Sheed and Bron.
and Dirk>>Garnett
Because you're a homer I'll let that slide, because in no way is Dirk better than KG.

patrick ewing //
david robinson //

no dirk, shaq, tim? ..

and Dirk>>Garnett
nash? how you gonna take out a guy that shoots phantom freethrows at the line? how many times have you seen that hit rim?

magic/kidd...point gods
mj/kobe...comparisons just keep coming
bird/dirk...pure shooters
kareem/duncan...i know kareem wasnt a PF but seeing this matchup is awesome...finesse vs. finesse
wiLt/shaq...power

who is "D12"? I know y'all aint talkin abotu eminems group
laugh.gif

(i aint watched bball in a while...
smh.gif
)

651akathePaul wrote:
mario23407 wrote:
RECOGNIZE GAME wrote:

patrick ewing //
david robinson //

no dirk, shaq, tim? ..

and Dirk>>Garnett

eek.gif
YIKES
eek.gif

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

magic/kidd...point gods
mj/kobe...comparisons just keep coming
bird/dirk...pure shooters
kareem/duncan...i know kareem wasnt a PF but seeing this matchup is awesome...finesse vs. finesse
wiLt/shaq...power

???
and Dirk>>Garnett
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

today obviously. the game has evolved just like how humans have. The coaching is better these days and training due to knowing more about sports and the body.Its like saying cars from before are better than they are now, which is not true. Some may like old cars for whatever reasons like looks and what they did inthere time, but none are touching enzos and veyrons of the world, being today's superstars

Bill Russell dominated like no other...Chamberlain didnt win a ring until Russell retired.

Dwight Howard lol hell no, I can imagine Olajuwon shut him down to zero points.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Originally Posted by RevTommy34

Hakeem Olajuwon>any current center

yup
pimp.gif

and it's really not even close
True talk. Never was a big fan, but that dude...I mean crap, the dream shake...That kind of nickname for a move is usually only relevant to a PG orsomething...And it's not even that nickname that gives him his due...the guy was incredible.

yup
pimp.gif

While I agree the Dream is the greatest, Shaq in his prime could not be stopped.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

yup
pimp.gif

While I agree the Dream is the greatest, Shaq in his prime could not be stopped.
Hard to argue, and in fact I don't want to. But technically, you pit Hakeem vs. Shaq....hack a shaq rings true to me....everyone has a krypotnite.

True talk. Never was a big fan, but that dude...I mean crap, the dream shake...That kind of nickname for a move is usually only relevant to a PG or something...And it's not even that nickname that gives him his due...the guy was incredible.

ya he was the most skilled big man ever IMO. Not to mention he was a monster on D as a presence and statistic wise (blocks & steals).
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

ya I meant right now. But Hakeem's skillset was better than Shaq's ever was.

The guy who posted the dream team vs. the second coming was referring to nike's basketball campaign of the "second coming". Those are the playerswho are apart of it. Remember that commercial that came out last year with juelz santana rapping as the theme music? All of those players were in thatcommercial. Notice that everyone he listed in the second coming endorses nike also

i think it depends on which legends you pick. if you take the all time greats like bird,magic, jordan + others they might have a chance. but if its all thosewhite dudes from the 50s. then
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

i think it depends on which legends you pick. if you take the all time greats like bird,magic, jordan + others they might have a chance. but if its all those white dudes from the 50s. then
smh.gif
smh.gif

You're an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom