If you could redo college, what would you major in?

My actual degree was in Economics and History with a minor in Poli Sci.

I still would have majored in Economics but instead of History, I would have doubled in Engineering or Math.

I am not denigrating History as an academic discipline but it is one that can be self taught. A History degree is about doing a lot of reading and interpreting what you have read. As long as you have a good vocabulary, critical thinking skills and a desire to learn History, you can do it with little guidance from a professor.

On the other hand, Engineering, The Sciences, Economics/metrics, Comp Sci and Math require a lot of guidance as you have to learned processes and build on that knowledge and learn more technique and processes and it is very hard to teach that to yourself.

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

Originally Posted by GSGoonSquad

Originally Posted by jayhawk17

graphic design...instead of marketing...marketing you can read about in a few books and have it covered...then you just need some real life experience. With design I'd be able to use all the computer programs I can't right now as good as I'd like so instead I'm stuck doing tutorials.

Advice if you are thinking about business degrees.... learn something technical/computer based. Basic concepts like marketing/management/accounting(to an extent)etc will generally be the same but you need to have skills to create given the tools we have.
I'm a Junior now and will be getting my degree in Business Marketing soon. More info on what you're talking about here..
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
 If graphic design play such a huge role, should I major in graphic design or marketing?
Depends on which aspect of advertising you enjoy. The easiest way to explain it is that marketing would involve creating the message and graphic design would involve creating the visual identity for the message. And of course you could always do both; I was graphic design major and marketing minor. I recently changed it though because the marketing advisors weren't helping me out so I switched to a web cognate minor.

Back
Top Bottom