If you were filthy rich, would you feel obligated to help those in need?

If I had $5Bn I'd set up a program for undergrad and grad students in debt.

You set up a meeting with me, explain and prove your financial predicament, and I help you out.

Varies.

I would feel obligated if I was requested obviously. However to a limit, a point where the needy can become self reliant once they gain some solid ground. Once the poor and lower classes reach middle class, that's it. It's sink or swim from there.

Not obligated but I would. You can’t take it with you.
You can give it to your actual family and friends. Some of yalls logic is not relatable at all but I’m sure folks feel the same about some of mine. It all evens out.

If I had that much bread where it would be super hard to go broke, then why not help some ppl out ? Im pretty sure i'd be ok skipping out on da new lambo n using that money to help a couple families

If your already on your feet why don’t you help somebody else, that’s what I was taught so that’s what I live by cause you cant take none of this **** with you when you die.

I wouldn't just hand over a check, but I would want to be involved every step of the way in giving back to the community and making sure my donation is actually going towards the cause. I hear too many stories about donations not going towards what they were intended for.

Yes.

But depends how fast my money is coming in.

If I hit the lotto for 10M I would have to establish sources of income that’s coming in consistently.

Can’t just be giving money away, or you’ll end up like them.

Help them on what ways? Food? Sure

I would like to create ways they can eat on their own. More money, more power.

But you’d be a damn fool if you think I got 20M and will just be giving millions of cash away.

Yes, I FEEL obligated to help out those not as fortunate as me; not just the POOR, and not just financially.

We are here to serve other people, look out for your next man. Non-money issue, we could have the SAME mentality without being RICH.

Songs posted Sum up my feelings

Ah I see your programmers have added the ability to enjoy music recently

Another paragraph added to my “who is DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican ?” notebook.

People always look for something to worry about. It's assumed you have most things figured out if you're "filthy rich" so I imagine helping out would be a self serving way to be busy.

You don’t need to give your kids 20 million dollars. That’s how Donald trumps are made.

Of course you’d help your family and friend but you can help others too.
That’s eh regarding trump. It’s about how you’re raised and the type of person you are imo.

I’m all about helping others that helped me or I think would’ve helped if I needed it but Ive never needed big time help outside of my family and friends. I guess that’s why I don’t really feel that urge to help randoms. We are all raised and been through different things that shape us so maybe that’s why we feel different on this topic.

If I have more than I can reasonably spend, I will use the rest to create as many jobs as possible for those who are disadvantaged. I will also also tip more, but I think I am already a good tipper.

That’s eh regarding trump. It’s about how you’re raised and the type of person you are imo.

I’m all about helping others that helped me or I think would’ve helped if I needed it but Ive never needed big time help outside of my family and friends. I guess that’s why I don’t really feel that urge to help randoms. We are all raised and been through different things that shape us so maybe that’s why we feel different on this topic.

One look at the lottery winners quickly shows why this is the worst idea and always plays out horribly

Back
Top Bottom