If you were filthy rich, would you feel obligated to help those in need?

In the words of Hov “I’m different, I can’t base what I’m gonna be off what everybody isn’t”

If you ever come up on big money I hope the odds are in your favor G.

All the Jay-Z quoteables in the world wont protect you from friends/fam switching up and plotting on you which is likely

I'm not rich and I still feel an obligation.
idk about obligated but I agree, I tend to give when I can. I've thought about it at times if I won the lottery or something what I would do.

def would help WHEN I felt like I should

Filthy rich with an obligation? **** no. Make all that money just so morals make me feel like I should give it away? Never me.

I'd give to the less fortunate in my own way under my terms.

Last edited:
If you ever come up on big money I hope the odds are in your favor G.

All the Jay-Z quoteables in the world wont protect you from friends/fam switching up and plotting on you which is likely
It’s more likely when your family don’t already have money which is something personally I don’t have to worry about. Some of my friends that could be true but my immediate family I don’t have to worry about that at all. I doubt my friends would switch up after all this time but you never know.

I dont see it as an obligation, but more as a privaledge. I feel blessed and privaledged to be in position to help pick someone up to higher ground. If it be for a moment or a lifetime, it's still always worth it for me.

And this privaledge is not tied to my finances. ( I wouldn't be shocked to find everyone in this thread out earns me at the moment). Giving things we take for granted, like time, is one of the ways to make the biggest impact.

Not obligated but I still would if I could
The most important thing you could do is spread the knowledge on how you gained wealth
If you know how to flip houses teach people
If you know about stocks a divedends teach people conversations goes a long way

I don’t trust any of these charities.

And if I won the lotto tomorrow I’d put away the remaining lump after taxes and what not and live off the interest...

I myself want to put my paw prints on any charitable endeavor.

I want to open up businesses that give back to the community.

I want to build parks.

I want to buy and deliver machines to hospitals that are underfunded.

If there’s a research endeavor or project that’s grossly underfunded I want to go visit, meet with the various folks involved and see firsthand how my money is being spent.

I want to participate. I want to be there. I want to be present. If they’ll have me I want to be on the board of directors.

I need to my fingerprint on the projects and lives i’m reaching.

I don’t need or want recognition. If possible I prefer my anonyminity but I still need to see that my money isn’t being squandered.

And yes I’d feel obligated.

I feel obligated as is and I give what I can. What guilts me is that I can’t give my time...

Last edited:
I'm broke now, but I'm in 4 local mentoring programs

If I had guap, I'd be donating a lot to them
The money really does help
Even a couple G's can help a small program build infrastructure, etc.

Yes. It is my firm belief that the wealthy have an obligation to society. The robber barons of yesteryear knew that more than they got credit for. The Carnegie Library system in Pittsburgh is STILL being funded off money he and his family put in long ago. I can't remember off the top of my head the names but the central library of the NY public library was financed largely by wealthy donors. Both Central and Prospect parks were heavily contributed to by wealthy donors. The Cooper Union is free (or very very cheap) because of the money injected by the schools founder and benefactor. I think in this modern era the Wealthy have largely absconded their social/philanthropic role in society.

Would you feel a moral obligation to help the poor? I know i would. Yes it's my money and i do with it as i please but it's gotta be tough knowing that the price of your car insurance can save an actual life of someone that needs a kidney.
yes, we have an obligation to help each other. But a Kidney cost 250k. You must be talkin dark web prices that’s equivalent to car insurance

It depends on how I got rich.
If it’s through the lottery I would create a business for self sustaining incoming. Or purchase one. Then build schools, giving students incentives to work for my company

Honestly there’ll always be the poor and poverty but the least I can do is ensure that they receive a liveable wage

Ehh, I dunno if I 2ould feel obligated, but I would. There's only so many things you can buy and still feel good about.

You can't take it when you gone. There is a reason the brightest minds in the world tend to give away more as their wealth grows.

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

Man, I don't know. Cats get bread and forget about the people that were there for them, that's type funny if you ask me. Who was that last dude talking anyway.
I see Chainz got a heart though.

I don’t owe nobody **** except my Grandama.
But of course I would help those in need when I felt it was necessary.

Wouldn’t give **** away but I’d open a gym or some **** of that sort for people to use for free

i wouldn't feel obligated to ****...but being the person that i am i would obviously help out what i thought was right and wanted to

Nah pass. It will never be enough. People will determine what’s enough based of your earnings. U throw somebody 100 right now as u are and they are the most grateful person in the world. Have 100 mil and give 100 they gonna look at u like u just disrespected them. Me, my CLOSE family and the homies set tho.

Obligated? No, what I do with my money is my decision. If people feel that I'm 'messed up' or 'greedy' they can think that and continue to waste their time counting my money.

That being said, there are some people that I would help immediately.

Back
Top Bottom