"I'll pray for you"

Oh yee of little faith.

Maybe it's not that you think others won't pray for you when they say they will, maybe it's you who feels like your not worthy to receive them.

Cute play with words and poems dont do anything for me. I dont stop thinking after a play with words. Even if it makes me smile. You might think somethings are mind blowing, but for other people they might have dismissed that type of logic already. Everyone is on a different page. I dont play with maybes, unless theres facts. No point to dissect mini arguments (why I dont like prayer) when you dont believe in the thing as a whole is nonsense (prayer as a whole (basically meditation lol)).

I know you werent talking to me directly, but i just started writing and didnt stop lol

Sometimes you get so stuck in a box that your forget to empty your cup.

Oh yee of little faith.

Maybe it's not that you think others won't pray for you when they say they will, maybe it's you who feels like your not worthy to receive them.

Cute play with words and poems dont do anything for me. I dont stop thinking after a play with words. Even if it makes me smile. You might think somethings are mind blowing, but for other people they might have dismissed that type of logic already. Everyone is on a different page. I dont play with maybes, unless theres facts. No point to dissect mini arguments (why I dont like prayer) when you dont believe in the thing as a whole is nonsense (prayer as a whole (basically meditation lol)).

I know you werent talking to me directly, but i just started writing and didnt stop lol

Sometimes you get so stuck in a box that your forget to empty your cup.

lmao

View media item 706917

Reactions: wr
i usually just say a quick prayer at that moment for whoever (and their family and friends) to get through their hardships.

In A 12 step program. It's like Donnie brasco explaining forget about it.
"Ill prey for you" is a cheap shot in the rooms if someone says something stupid
It's also used sincerely, when someone shares something personal "ill prey for you" :lol: :lol: crazy addicts

Last edited:
Oh yee of little faith.
Nothing wrong with not having blind faith
Prayer has no inherent value so ppl being worthy of it is nonsensical. The sentiment behind it varies though and if the meaning and intent behind is what one could feel they're not worthy for there's usually a reason.
Two hands put to work will do more than a billion hands put together for prayer...

"I'll pray for you"... FOH!
Preach!

:lol:

Last edited:

Two hands put to work will do more than a billion hands put together for prayer...

"I'll pray for you"... FOH!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

always crying about petty things

Its really quite funny.

There used to be an atheist thread here every day a few months ago, now since a person left there is a drought and people need to bash believers.I am an atheist myself but damn how annoying can some of you be.

I never had someone say they would pray for me in a condescending way, I know it happens though.

i have never had or heard anyone say this to me or around me in my life but it seems like its just a polite thing to say

like ill say "bless you" when someone sneezes, im not literally trying to bless them its just a nice thing to say

its like if im sick and someone said "ill pray for you" i would take it to mean that they understand that they cant do anything for me (not in a bad way) and they are just saying that out of kindness. i couldnt care less if they prayed for me later on, in fact i would rather them save the time and do something more productive 

People can pray all they want, but they don't have to let me know. 

The issue I have is that god gets the glory when great things happen, but he doesn't take the blame when awful things happen or prayers go unanswered. 

The issue I have is that god gets the glory when great things happen, but he doesn't take the blame when awful things happen or prayers go unanswered. 
Natural disasters are called acts of God.......

It depends on who you ask. People also pray for the victims of natural disasters. So, did god cause the natural disaster? Did he fail or refuse to prevent it? 

It depends on who you ask. People also pray for the victims of natural disasters. So, did god cause the natural disaster? Did he fail or refuse to prevent it? 
God is supposed to be omnipotent.  He does not fail. So he either caused it or allowed it to happen.

God is supposed to be omnipotent.  He does not fail. So he either caused it or allowed it to happen.
That depends. There is the idea of a self-limiting god. 

Back
Top Bottom