Illiteracy in Louisiana ?... (don't even try to top this)

[table][tr][td]
How would you pronounce this child's name?

She spells her name... "Le-a"

So... how would YOU pronounce her name?

Leah? .............. NO.
Lee - A? ........... NOPE.
Lay - a? ........... NOT A CHANCE.
Lei?................... NICE TRY...BUT... GUESS AGAIN!

This child attends a school in Livingston Parish, LA.. Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong.

She says it's pronounced... "Ledasha"

When the Mother was asked how in the world she figured it should be pronounced that way, she said...

"Cause the dash don't be silent!"
So, if you see a name come across your desk like this... please remember to pronounce the dash.

And... if anyone ask you why, tell them it's 'cause the dash don't be silent!

Someone... pleeeeze, pleeeze tell me dis don't be true! Surely, someone be's jokin' with us?!?!
[/td] [/tr][/table]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Thats not even funny it's sad...

I worked for FEMA during Hurricane Katrina and some of the stuff I heard from the people I spoke with was UNREAL... From the stories they told me to them beingilliterate...

One time I received a call from a hurricane victim that received a letter from FEMA... We did not have the ability to see the actual letters that the peoplereceived.... The lady I was speaking with stated she got a letter and she didn't know what it meant... I then asked her to read it to me so I could explainit to her... She said no I can't read it... I could hear people in the background talking so I told her to have someone she was with read it to me... Shesaid it she had a few people there but none of them could read.... BTW she was 34 years old...

That is flat out SAD! It really hurts to see that AMERICAN children not learning to read... They aren't learning too much of nothing for real... Theeducation level is so low down there... There is no excuses for that at all...

my wife was telling me about one of the customers she deals with on the phone at work is named something similiar to that, with a dash inbetween, and this ladygets mad cuz no one pronounces the dash.

then i told my wife, well you should tell her that its a hyphen.

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

That is flat out SAD! It really hurts to see that AMERICAN children not learning to read... They aren't learning too much of nothing for real... The education level is so low down there... There is no excuses for that at all...

i agree...nothing funny about that...

I worked for FEMA during Hurricane Katrina and some of the stuff I heard from the people I spoke with was UNREAL... From the stories they told me to them being illiterate...

One time I received a call from a hurricane victim that received a letter from FEMA... We did not have the ability to see the actual letters that the people received.... The lady I was speaking with stated she got a letter and she didn't know what it meant... I then asked her to read it to me so I could explain it to her... She said no I can't read it... I could hear people in the background talking so I told her to have someone she was with read it to me... She said it she had a few people there but none of them could read.... BTW she was 34 years old...

That is flat out SAD! It really hurts to see that AMERICAN children not learning to read... They aren't learning too much of nothing for real... The education level is so low down there... There is no excuses for that at all...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the south
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is an old chain email that got sent around by a bunch of racist white guys... is the story true? Maybe. Likely it's true that somebody has a name likethat. But I'm guessing this email was made up originally.

Phil Le0tard0 wrote:

I worked for FEMA during Hurricane Katrina and some of the stuff I heard from the people I spoke with was UNREAL... From the stories they told me to them being illiterate...

One time I received a call from a hurricane victim that received a letter from FEMA... We did not have the ability to see the actual letters that the people received.... The lady I was speaking with stated she got a letter and she didn't know what it meant... I then asked her to read it to me so I could explain it to her... She said no I can't read it... I could hear people in the background talking so I told her to have someone she was with read it to me... She said it she had a few people there but none of them could read.... BTW she was 34 years old...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the south
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

how does someone have sympathy for illiterate people? you have to be a real dumb @#$ if you cant even read...

i've been to third world countries, where kids in villages without working water and electricity knew how to read their language. Being illiterate is achoice. if you have the drive to learn you can definitely do it.

I'm not tryna seem conceited but come on, reading is a basic human need...

EDIT: i really hate my SN being associated with this @#$%
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
my dumb @#$ lil wayne groupie brother

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Phil Le0tard0 wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the south
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

how does someone have sympathy for illiterate people? you have to be a real dumb @#$ if you cant even read...

i've been to third world countries, where kids in villages without working water and electricity knew how to read their language. Being illiterate is a choice. if you have the drive to learn you can definitely do it.

I'm not tryna seem conceited but come on, reading is a basic human need...

EDIT: i really hate my SN being associated with this @#$%
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
my dumb @#$ lil wayne groupie brother
wow, just wow

I have a few black friends. Most are well educated. A few of them have told me "THERS 2 type of black people.. One is a regular black person and the otheris a (the "n" word)"... Im mexican, and I hate the N word to the fullest.. Its very disrespectful and would not use it.. But I get confusedeverytime they say this to me.. This thread has now made me understand what they've been saying.

I HOPE THIS DOESNT OFFEND ANYONE.. IF IT DOES IM REALLY SORRY.. I WILL DELETE MY POST...

Back
Top Bottom