"I'm goin, goin.... back, back.....to Cali, Cali!"

What up West Coasters!?!?

Texas boy here, headed out West this Wednesday. Gonna be right in West Hollywood visiting a friend. She's pretty in the know (writes for a Rupert Murdock media entity...Forget which one but she's clearly connected.) and I'm looking for what the locals do. I'm pretty much coming to live like a true resident for a week....From the gym to dispensaries and groceries, I'll be doing my best true Californian impression. At the same time, I want to take advantage of the shopping while I'm out there. I'm not really looking for a lot of sportswear options as I can get whatever sneaker I may be looking for on line or here in Dallas, but where are the good shops? Boutiques and the like that I can pick up some Cali-swag-ish garments to rock back in D-town. So, please!....Offer me up some suggestons on where to go. Not lookin to break the bank, so I need to know where you boys stock up on good gear. Thanks in advance!!!

Places you gotta hit up in this area, Primitive is a must for some fresh gear, Also the UNDFTD is one of my favorite stores. MHHC is my local shop to pick up from. Anything else you might wanna know, just ask.  

grub on some fatburger, in & out, roscoe's, king taco, pink's, mexican food from olvera street in DTLA, DTLA street dogs in the fashion district, or pretty much any hole in the wall spot, primitive is a dope shop, hit up venice & santa monica

just watch out if you club or go bar hopping in west hollywood, you might step into the wrong atmosphere
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Pizza - Pizzeria Mozza

Burger - Houstons, In N Out, Umami (not a huge fan of this, but people love the burgers)

Steak - Maestros, Cut

Gym - Get a week pass to Equinox or 24 Hour Fitness Super Sport that has a basketball court

Beach - Venice is cool but touristy.

Shopping - Melrose, 3rd street Promenade, South Coast Plaza, La brea avenue

Shops that you might be interested in:
- UNDFTD
- The Hundreds
- Crooks/Castles flagship store
- Primitive [bit far from where you're staying]

Keep in mind, you're better off buying online with the frequency of rep/promo codes and such. Save much more money. If you buy 1 shirt + 1 crewneck @ any of these shops, you might already be "breaking the bank."

Food, :lol: @ the In-N-Out recommendations. There's plenty in Texas for OP to hit up.

The Habit and Umami are burger franchise alternatives. The Habit is a little less frills type of burger grill joint. Umami is the fancy "gourmet-style" burger spot.

Go here: http://niketalk.com/t/337222/socal-food-grub-thread

If you want a diverse food experience without having to drive here/there/everywhere, hit up any of the food truck dinner meetups on any given weeknight.

Shops that you might be interested in:
- UNDFTD
- The Hundreds
- Crooks/Castles flagship store
- Primitive [bit far from where you're staying]

Keep in mind, you're better off buying online with the frequency of rep/promo codes and such. Save much more money. If you buy 1 shirt + 1 crewneck @ any of these shops, you might already be "breaking the bank."

Food,
laugh.gif
@ the In-N-Out recommendations. There's plenty in Texas for OP to hit up.

The Habit and Umami are burger franchise alternatives. The Habit is a little less frills type of burger grill joint. Umami is the fancy "gourmet-style" burger spot.

Go here: http://niketalk.com/t/337222/socal-food-grub-thread

If you want a diverse food experience without having to drive here/there/everywhere, hit up any of the food truck dinner meetups on any given weeknight.
 I would caution on the food trucks. It might be an experience, and by and large most of the food trucks are overpriced and not worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom