im to old to wear a snapback i feel

I wear on-fields every day.

Not trying to do my hair just to sit in class for 6 hours.

As for snapbacks, that's a major N-O for me.

i got a Compton new era snapback, cuz thats how the NWA did it, but other than that, i leave the snapbacks to the youngsters

last snapback i had was this guy, 12-13 years ago...

ill buy about one-two MLB 59FIFTYs a year now and wear them until their so grossly sweaty that you dont even wanna look at them.

I like both but damn no lie, I been rockin a bulls snapback for a bit now and it feels weird when i wear my fitteds again. Put on the NT fitted the other day and I just felt awkward. Kinda like when I first started slimming down my jeans, I couldn't go back to the baggier stye anymore :smh:

I bought my first two a week ago.

Mind you I own over 50 fitteds so but Shieks had buy one get one half off.

One was a Mitchell and Ness and one was New Era.

They fit TOTALLY different from a fitted. They remind me of Fast Food hats with teams on them. Taking them ***** back Monday.

Its a hat. I don't really care which kind it is. As long as its got my team on it, I'll wear it to the game.
You guys are saying you feel "too old" to wear a snap back, but are caught up in this childish mentality that a style or rather function of a hat defines your maturity level.

Its a damn adjustable hat. And the other is fitted according to your head size. Neither define how much of a "grown man" you are.

Last edited:
I wear what i like regardless of my age.

QFT. I like fitteds alot more than I like snapbacks, but it doesn't mean I hate em. I have a few here n there. I feel sometime they complete a fit better than a fitted does in certain cases, but I guess its strictly a preference of fashion/style.

Last edited:
i really didn't know snapback baseball caps were this polarizing.

Just kind of assumed it had become an acceptable style of hat again like it was in the 80's/early 90's.

Green or Grey underbrim fitteds are the only fitteds i rock wit

You can catch me in a BucketHat nowadays

I find this funny because old people and I mean old farts have always worn snapbacks if you notice but I guess no one pays attention to old guys anyway. they're not fly or anything but they stay in snapbacks and don't look like they're trying to be hipsters

I hate snapback hats. Snapbacks are for little league baseball teams.

I personally dont like snap backs and at the same time, i don't really care for all these different, colorful assortments of fitteds either. Seeing grown men wearing flamboyant colored hats to me isn't a good look regardless of how masculine he makes himself out to be. I prefer to keep it old skool with the original team color hats. if I want a different color hat, I would buy a different teams hat, no need to hunt down a purple and red Yankees hat.

You must be my brother. I keeps it simple. Blue yanks , blk white Sox fitted and any other team in between that got their og colors only .

My girl wanted to get me a snap back but I would only accept if its an original scheme.

If you remember when they were literally the wackest hats ever, then you're probably too old to wear these.

Myself included.

You could be too young or too old. If worn trendy as they are today, then you're too old. If worn like your uncle, you're too young.

I associated those with poor people. I remember seeing them in stores when I bought fitteds and would wonder why anyone would ever by them.

I associated those with poor people. I remember seeing them in stores when I bought fitteds and would wonder why anyone would ever by them.
So then fitted hats were for the "rich"? At the end of the day, a typical, fitted hat is still $35 dollars so you're really not doing it "big". I guess I'm not "urban" enough to understand the association, but to me, a hat is a hat and has no correlation of wealth. I guess I don't wear hats enough...

So then fitted hats were for the "rich"? At the end of the day, a typical, fitted hat is still $35 dollars so you're really not doing it "big". I guess I'm not "urban" enough to understand the association, but to me, a hat is a hat and has no correlation of wealth. I guess I don't wear hats enough...

Back in the day yes. Fitteds were $30+. Snapbacks were 2 for $20 and still no on bought them.

Buying a fitted didn't make you "rich" nor will it ever, but plenty of people had over 50+ of them.

Last edited:

Thats because he described how it was in da early 90's

It was like replica jerseys vs authentics.

Thats because he described how it was in da early 90's

It was like replica jerseys vs authentics.

Yeah it aint doing it, but when you don't have it, 30 bucks on something non essential is outta the picture. Plus I don't think some of these cats had a choice when moms came home with the snapback from conway just happy that she could get them something.

Back in the day yes. Fitteds were $30+. Snapbacks were 2 for $20 and still no on bought them.

Buying a fitted didn't make you "rich" nor will it ever, but plenty of people had over 50+ of them.
I guess I can see your point, but it's still nothing I'd assume was catered towards the poor. I just see snapbacks or strapbacks as the better alternative as they're adjustable depending on if you cut or grow-out your hair. Regardless, I never thought much of hats in general as I only use them pretty much for sporting events and/or if I'm too lazy to do my hair...

I guess I can see your point, but it's still nothing I'd assume was catered towards the poor. I just see snapbacks or strapbacks as the better alternative as they're adjustable depending on if you cut or grow-out your hair. Regardless, I never thought much of hats in general as I only use them pretty much for sporting events and/or if I'm too lazy to do my hair...

Yeah nowadays they're both the same to me. HATS. But back in the day it was a stereotype like ninja said. Like when we rocked jordans (assuming your a shoe head) and people had fubu or fifa's on you wouldn't look at them the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom