Importing japanese cars

Anyone here know anything about importing cars to the US from japan?  i used to drive a Honda SMX back when i lived there and want to bring one over here (california).  I think it was only sold in Japan and the UK.  I've heard that there are safety and emission mods that have to be done before they're US legal.
img2.jpg

img1.jpg

Anyone here know anything about importing cars to the US from japan?  i used to drive a Honda SMX back when i lived there and want to bring one over here (california).  I think it was only sold in Japan and the UK.  I've heard that there are safety and emission mods that have to be done before they're US legal.
img2.jpg

img1.jpg

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that unless you live in Florida, there is a 25 year rule on importing cars.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that unless you live in Florida, there is a 25 year rule on importing cars.

as you can tell, i dont know a whole lot about cars but this one has sentimental value to me because its the first car i ever bought on my own... i just couldnt take it with me when i moved back to the US.
just checked out the CRZ and its pretty sick too.  and i thought about getting a scion but it just isnt nearly as nice as the SMX.  you gotta see it in person when its actually customized.

as you can tell, i dont know a whole lot about cars but this one has sentimental value to me because its the first car i ever bought on my own... i just couldnt take it with me when i moved back to the US.
just checked out the CRZ and its pretty sick too.  and i thought about getting a scion but it just isnt nearly as nice as the SMX.  you gotta see it in person when its actually customized.

Back
Top Bottom