In the XV Special Edititions that have released this past year what is the significance of the SE?

This passed year a few pairs of xv (15) SE have been released in a few colorways. What is the significance of the SE? What does that mean? Are these the sameas a retro that do not have SE or are they different. Are more produced than a normal retro or about the same?

These do not seem to be selling all that well for a Jordan retro is that because they are SE and are not a normal XV?

I am asking because I am trying to put a collection together of Jordan's 1-23 and I have seen some good deals on these, however I do not want these if theyare not a normal XV. Should I pass on these and get the CDP XV's or an older retro or would these be considered just another normal retro of the XV?

ehbball88 wrote:
In the XV Special Edititions that have released this passed year what is the significance of the SE?
You answered the question in the title and with a typo.

The SE XV is different from the retro. Why not just cop some lasers since they are pretty cheap too.

Alright, thanks guys!!! I think I might just pick up a pair of the white and red XV SE to ball in, not for my collection. They are on sale on finishline.comfor 79

Originally Posted by dj sven

I suggest you just get some OG XV's rather than SE's
ohwell.gif

well stated

They don't look that good and the quality isn't that great either got some for school and they're pretty beat up the white piping on the blackshoemakes creasing stand out too you'd actually taint your collection by having them

North Carolina 15 SE's > all other 15's or 15 SE's. 15 SE's might not be "real" 15's, but OG 15's are trash.

The significance is that they took an already ugly shoe and somehow made it uglier.

In this particular case the suffix SE means nothing to the shoe. The XV SE is nothing more than a Nu' Retro or a .5 shoe.

personally i bought both because

1. the se's where at an outlet and really cheap
2. then the 15/8 CDP was released and i'm crazy about the 8's

but there not essential to a collection so don't worry about them

if u like them buy them. If you dont then dont buy them. If you want it for just a collection and looks dont matter to you, get the white/carolina blue. Thosewill stand out in your collection
Air_Jordan_15_SE.jpeg

aku9tv.jpg

Originally Posted by xTrill

personally i bought both because

1. the se's where at an outlet and really cheap
2. then the 15/8 CDP was released and i'm crazy about the 8's

but there not essential to a collection so don't worry about them

I would agree but they are pretty essential to a collection that consists of every jordan 1-23

All the XV SE signifies is that JB are attempting to rewrite their own history by replacing a somewhat unpopular shoe with something more conventional looking.

Yeah..... they're ALL about pushing the envelope..... Not.

Originally Posted by ehbball88

This passed year a few pairs of xv (15) SE have been released in a few colorways. What is the significance of the SE? What does that mean? Are these the same as a retro that do not have SE or are they different. Are more produced than a normal retro or about the same?

These do not seem to be selling all that well for a Jordan retro is that because they are SE and are not a normal XV?

I am asking because I am trying to put a collection together of Jordan's 1-23 and I have seen some good deals on these, however I do not want these if they are not a normal XV. Should I pass on these and get the CDP XV's or an older retro or would these be considered just another normal retro of the XV?
i'll answer all of your questions. SE stands for special edition. they basically just retooled the original XV and gave it a sleeker design. i personally like it better than the original design. since it's a SE, it is different from the original XV. i'm not sure on how many were produced,but there are a lot out there.

they are not selling well because the XV isn't a very popular jordan in the first place, and also because it's an SE. i'm sure most jordancollectors just stick with the original design.

if you're trying to put together 1 to 23, stick with the original design. i have the OG black/red XV. i personally think that is the best one. thewhite/carolina blue is also a nice one to have in the collection.

as far as the XVSE, the georgetown and unc models are some of the best XV's ever produced. IMO

Back
Top Bottom