INDIE Music Thread

Dinosaur Jr. - Watch The Corners

Got floated a copy of the new album. Mascis & company can still pump it out...

Trying to get into Animal Collective but I'm not feeling it so far 
eyes.gif
 Maybe it's just me and I'm not really giving it a chance. I've heard nothing but good things with them

Trying to get into Animal Collective but I'm not feeling it so far :rolleyes  Maybe it's just me and I'm not really giving it a chance. I've heard nothing but good things with them

I couldn't either so don't feel bad...I gave them several chances. Even allowed some time to pass to come back to. Just couldn't get into them...

Thanks bro, might give Merriweather Post Pavillion a shot all the way through today. I was listening to the first couple tracks last night, but it sounded like one big entire song. Got boring after a while as their songs kinda got get muddled together

Lykke Li is dope. Anyone know if she is workign on anything new?

A Fleetwood Mac tribute album came out recently with a bunch of indie artists covering their songs. Most of them were really good including Lykke Li doing Silver Springs. Although it's over produced, it's a really nice cover...She made the song her's while paying tribute to the song....

Went and bought Mumford and Sons new album today. Really liking it so far, only 3 songs in though.

Oh nice, I really like that track. I've just now gotten into Fleetwood Mac myself.
Landslide is damn good

NPR has a recent Grizzly Bear show at DC's 9:30 Club on their site available for a listen...

Thanks! Mad I couldn't make it. I've missed out on Frank Ocean, Florence and the Machine, The Weeknd, and Grizzly Bear because of work. Had tickets to 3 of them. :smh:

For those of you who have seen Beach House and The xx live who did you like more?

The xx

I've seen both and I think The xx put on a better show. Their current tour, they're playing a ton of songs. Most of their new record as well as most of the first record. What's unique is they reworked a lot of the older tracks for this current tour. Crystalised for example is much bigger and bolder sounding this time around. They'll also throw in dancier cuts and I believe they're playing some stuff from Jamie xx's repertoire too. Go check them out.

huge fan of the xx

but new to indie in general

who else would i like?> much appreciated

If you like The xx vibe (groups with drum machines & guitars), check out The Kills. They kinda started the whole drum machine with guitars sound back in 2000. If you like the down trodden chill wave kinda sound check out Toro Y Moi or Washed Out. MGMT is pretty good too. Otherwise check the previous pages to see what you might like. Some good websites for indie music are Pitckfork, Stereogum, the Fader, & even Hypetrak (maybe even Spin magazine's website). Cheers...

The Kills - Future Starts Slow

Oh nice, I really like that track. I've just now gotten into Fleetwood Mac myself.
Landslide is damn good

Check out Tusk & Rumours. Some more songs from the Fleetwood Mac tribute album...

Gardens & Villa - Gypsy

Tame Impala - That's All For Everyone

Washed Out - Straight Back

Last edited:
loudQUIETloud: A Film About the Pixies

If anyone is fan of the Pixies, here's a great doc done back in 2006 about the band. Radiohead has said this doc served as a lot of inspiration for them...No Frank Black isn't the other guy in Tenacious D...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom