Information Technology (IT)

Studying a bit of it now since my job is getting more into ITIL processes. Basic stuff on processes, just new terms to learn. It helps to get multiple groups on the same page because technical folks are really bad on process, coordination and workflow. Really bad.

Pretty much. Someone who is not versed in it will look at change management, applications like Remedy, thought out processes as outlandish and pointless. But it definitely adds structure and efficiency in the long run.

I was one test away from getting the intermediate certification.

Thanks man. Have a lot more responsibility now since i started. Like my earlier post about servicenow, i just finished the 3 day admin training and debating if i should even take the test to be certified. oh our mac admin moved on to get a better opportunity. We currently using Munki Repo for our software and DeployStudio for our imaging which me and my co worker are currently managing. Wondering if anyone use KACE before here? My manager wants to move all OSX management (Software and Images) to Kace for enterprise solution and i wanna learn more about it.

So you know, there aren't a lot of ServiceNow admins out there right now. You're in a good position to make more money if you want it.

ITIL Foundation is easy, its literally Vocab test. IF you want to get into Program Management it of course is essential knowledge and helps a lot when it comes to creating business processes and stuff.

Guys, I have 1 week to understand the basics of network.

DHCP, IP, DNS, TCP and UDP..... where do I start.

Any links? anything will be appreciated. thanks!

Where would you guys recommend someone start out as far as IT? For some background I have a bachelors in & work in an unrelated field. Looking for a change & planning to go back to school. Where do I start?

Where would you guys recommend someone start out as far as IT? For some background I have a bachelors in & work in an unrelated field. Looking for a change & planning to go back to school. Where do I start?
A lot of people begin in Help Desk support. But to even get into that you need experience or some certifications like A+, Apple Cert, Dell Cert, etc.

I know a lot of people have been saying just go for Network and Security but if you're clueless about computers, then I think you should start there. You wont be making a lot though.

InfiniteSkills

Download their network+ video course.
Thanks but it says I gotta pay 
mean.gif

I have a phone interview with Google next week.... Pretty nervous...

They'll give me scenarios and I have to act it out. I feel nervous because I feel more comfortable when I act have the problem in front of me... physically. Also, network and unix are NOT my thing... Im a lot better in hardware smh.

if they ask me " a customer comes in and cant connect to the internet" I wouldnt know wtf to say. lol.

Last edited:

I have a phone interview with Google next week.... Pretty nervous...

They'll give me scenarios and I have to act it out. I feel nervous because I feel more comfortable when I act have the problem in front of me... physically .
Check your PM's

All I know is that ServiceNow Developers*with a year of professional experience are getting paid $70/hour
... For 100% remote gigs
...... Being that you work remote you can take several of these roles on simultaneously
$$$$$$$$$$$$

The money is out there to be made Bros. if I was even a tiny bit technical, I'd be javascripting my *** into a 70/hour gig-- that's 140k a year bros

Using SNOW daily at work..

Am I slipping? 
laugh.gif

Only a network tech making 20.75/hr

Might have to look into that 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Gotta catch on to the new wave stuff; Servicenow, aws, Google for work etc before it dries out. Knowing basic Mac stuff was 70/hr at one point.

SalesForce is still huge .

Sidenote: I'm a little upset I will have to jump around to get certain jobs I want. Was lied to about the exact clearance I'd be getting when I interviewed here and now I will have to jump to another program to get the last piece I need.

A startup company hit me up with salaries ranging between 120K-170K , but I can't be considered yet because of my current status. Smh , so that's my current focus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom