iPad Mini Thread vol. Every Inch an iPad

Changed my mind and just going buy the ipad 4 since its coming out and it's not that much more compared to the ipad mini

I actually really wanted to buy this, but I'm pretty disappointed. They couldn't just throw a retina display on there? The Nexus 7 has higher resolution/ppi than this. 

One thing they should have done though is release a 8gb version. As evidenced by this thread, everyone is going around comparing the starting prices and saying the Nexus 7 is $130 cheaper, but failing to realize that the Nexus 7 starts with an 8gb model. Comparing the 16gb models together, it's only an 80 dollar difference.

Apple done did it again. I didn't even want the iPad mini. Now I want it. smh 

why do u want it? bc its two inches smaller?????? or is it bc your a hypebeast?

If you are looking at the stream, you can see that its obviously ******** on anything Android.

They're physically breaking it down against the Nexus 7...

Apple is going right at the competitions throat today.

How is out ******** on the nexus 7 please explain.. How are thru going at the competition throat?

They used the Nexus 7 in a side by side comparison for half of the iPad mini segment.
They used it as demonstration for why Apple is better.

Apple was throwing jokes and jabs all morning at Google and the rest of the competition.

Throwing other companies under the bus, blatant name calling, and side by side comparisons don't qualify for coming at the competitions throat?

Apple is out for blood fam.

You guys are forgetting Apple makes up 80% of the tablet market right now. With one of the biggest reasons why people are buying android based tablets is because they are smaller and cheaper. Now you make a smaller iPad priced the same as a 9" android tablet and Apple will eat into those sales. Many of you are thinking the average consumer(the ones who get the GSII confused with the iPhone 4) are comparing spec sheets and OS features to make their decision. They know an iPad will be a higher build quality, have more support, and be updated with software updates pretty regularly. Its awesome to see so many people into tech and are comparing what they need and buying device that suits them but 95% of people are not doing that. Some of you have even said "I'm going to buy my mom/dad/sister/brother/cousin/grandma/grandpa an iPad" because its a simpler solution and there isn't much to it. Thats what people want. With hardware being much more then we need right now, simplicity right now takes the crown. 

-Drew.

I actually really wanted to buy this, but I'm pretty disappointed. They couldn't just throw a retina display on there? The Nexus 7 has higher resolution/ppi than this. 

One thing they should have done though is release a 8gb version. As evidenced by this thread, everyone is going around comparing the starting prices and saying the Nexus 7 is $130 cheaper, but failing to realize that the Nexus 7 starts with an 8gb model. Comparing the 16gb models together, it's only an 80 dollar difference.
I heard its 260PPI compared to Retina with is 326PPI?

How's Apple gonna sell it TWICE as much as the Kindle Fire though.  The whole point of the mini was to take people away who were on the edge and wanting a Kindle or a Nexus 7. 

The rumors were saying it wasn't going to have a retina display. That would've bumped up the price even higher.

As evidenced by this thread, everyone is going around comparing the starting prices and saying the Nexus 7 is $130 cheaper, but failing to realize that the Nexus 7 starts with an 8gb model. Comparing the 16gb models together, it's only an 80 dollar difference.

I already stated this in this thread but the 8gb nexus 7 is being discontinued. 16gb model will be going for $199 and a 32gb will be $249 so the price difference is $130, not $80.

Last edited:

The 16gb will be replacing the 8gb @ $200 and the new 32gb will be(is at some rare staples stores) selling for $250

Last edited:

If you are looking at the stream, you can see that its obviously ******** on anything Android.

How is out ******** on the nexus 7 please explain.. How are thru going at the competition throat?

They used the Nexus 7 in a side by side comparison for half of the iPad mini segment.
They used it as demonstration for why Apple is better.

Apple was throwing jokes and jabs all morning at Google and the rest of the competition.

Throwing other companies under the bus, blatant name calling, and side by side comparisons don't qualify for coming at the competitions throat?

Apple is out for blood fam.
I thought it would have been about the specs.. I could give 2 ***** about jokes.. I want the product, hardware..

I wish it had retina display but i`m still copping idc idc idc idc idc

Dudes sleep is they think this wont sell, I myself thought that Apple should released it at 250 MAYBE 299, Nexus is 199 for a reason joint is cheap, I didnt cop because of the tons and tons of horror stories of the quality, and Tablet Optimized apps for Android is a joke. There are tons of cheaper tablets yet iPad outsells them all, when people hear apple they dont care about price. And realistically if they released this at 299 or less it would eat up some of their iPod touch sales.

That Black got me like Zaaaaam Zaddy.

I love Apple, I own a lot of Apple products, and I develop apps on the various Apple platforms using one of Apple's development platforms. But I think I speak for most when I say

The shots at the N7 are CLASSIC. It was well deserved too. Google just cannot build a great tablet, especially coming so late in the game. Apple is pretty much gonna wipe Amazon and Google (N7) off the map with the Mini. What will Amazon do? Nothing. Google, nothing.

How exactly does this **** on anything android? Ipad mini using the same dual core a5 chip that's in the ipad 2. Nexus 7 running a quad core tegra 3.

The Nexus 7 doesn't have a retina display, nor is it made from glass/metal...
Its a plastic tablet with a standard display. Of course its going to be cheaper.

Neither does the ipad mini. 1024x768 resolution on the mini vs 1280x800. 163 ppi on the mini vs 216 on the nexus 7. So you should rephrase and say the mini is a glass/metal tablet with a a sub par screen and internals for $130 more. Go ahead and drop the extra money if you want, i could care less what you or anyone buys but i just want people to have the right info.

Last edited:

The 16gb will be replacing the 8gb @ $200 and the new 32gb will be(is a some rare staples stores) for $250
Oh okay, my bad. I missed that news.

I guess that means the Nexus 10 will probably be cheaper than I thought too then.

The shots at the N7 are CLASSIC. It was well deserved too. Google just cannot build a great tablet, especially coming so late in the game. Apple is pretty much gonna wipe Amazon and Google (N7) off the map with the Mini. What will Amazon do? Nothing. Google, nothing.

EXACTLY, I guess its a developer thing since there are soooooo many devices, but guys gotta realize, Android devices can have all the Hardware in the world, but the fact that there are so many diff specs for devices its extremely hard to make Tablet apps let alone versions for the phone. You can have 10 million ppi but if the apps arent optimized for the screen what good is it? And dudes gotta realize the gazzilion cores only effect gaming dual core and 1gb of ram is pretty much way more than what you need for a good experience.

I mean the phone argument is user preference, but to say Apple doesnt make the best tablet around is laughable. Every review Ive seen about the Nexus 7 says yea its a good tablet, but the app comparison sucks compared to iPad optimized apps, and the overall experience still isnt as good as what iOS provides.

I`m about to throw my iPad 3 wifi on Ebay right now, depending on how much I get will dictate if I get wifi only or data

When you guys are running a $600B company, then you can decide the price of your products also. You can be like Amazon and make net negative margins on your tablets. Android and Amazon tablets will continue to be the bottom feeders.

EXACTLY, I guess its a developer thing since there are soooooo many devices, but guys gotta realize, Android devices can have all the Hardware in the world, but the fact that there are so many diff specs for devices its extremely hard to make Tablet apps let alone versions for the phone. You can have 10 million ppi but if the apps arent optimized for the screen what good is it? And dudes gotta realize the gazzilion cores only effect gaming dual core and 1gb of ram is pretty much way more than what you need for a good experience.

I mean the phone argument is user preference, but to say Apple doesnt make the best tablet around is laughable. Every review Ive seen about the Nexus 7 says yea its a good tablet, but the app comparison sucks compared to iPad optimized apps, and the overall experience still isnt as good as what iOS provides.

I`m about to throw my iPad 3 wifi on Ebay right now, depending on how much I get will dictate if I get wifi only or data
Its that same argument we've been trying to say.

UI > Hardware.

All those specs dont matter on gadgets. 

Back
Top Bottom