iPad Mini Thread vol. Every Inch an iPad

How exactly does this **** on anything android? Ipad mini using the same dual core a5 chip that's in the ipad 2. Nexus 7 running a quad core tegra 3.
Neither does the ipad mini. 1024x768 resolution on the mini vs 1280x800. 163 ppi on the mini vs 216 on the nexus 7. So you should rephrase and say the mini is a glass/metal tablet with a a sub par screen and internals for $130 more. Go ahead and drop the extra money if you want, i could care less what you or anyone buys but i just want people to have the right info.

From what I read up about android.....Their OS needs these powerful CPU's because of androids OS. Apple's OS is definitely optimize for any dam CPU they throw in their hardware....

Android suffers from massive memory leaks, and requires twice the hardware of iOS, or WP7 to provide a semi acceptable user experience.

Apple done did it again. I didn't even want the iPad mini. Now I want it. smh 

why do u want it? bc its two inches smaller?????? or is it bc your a hypebeast?

If you are looking at the stream, you can see that its obviously ******** on anything Android.

They're physically breaking it down against the Nexus 7...

Apple is going right at the competitions throat today.

How is out ******** on the nexus 7 please explain.. How are thru going at the competition throat?

If you are looking at the stream, you can see that its obviously ******** on anything Android.

How is out ******** on the nexus 7 please explain.. How are thru going at the competition throat?

They used the Nexus 7 in a side by side comparison for half of the iPad mini segment.
They used it as demonstration for why Apple is better.

Apple was throwing jokes and jabs all morning at Google and the rest of the competition.

Throwing other companies under the bus, blatant name calling, and side by side comparisons don't qualify for coming at the competitions throat?

Apple is out for blood fam.
I thought it would have been about the specs.. I could give 2 ***** about jokes.. I want the product, hardware..

Even still, hardware isn't everything my dude.
And as far as hardware, the iPad mini still has the hardware to compete and outsell the Nexus 7 and Kindle HD.

People buy these things for an experience.

Not everyone would take a Corvette over a Mercedes...

How exactly does this **** on anything android? Ipad mini using the same dual core a5 chip that's in the ipad 2. Nexus 7 running a quad core tegra 3.

The Nexus 7 doesn't have a retina display, nor is it made from glass/metal...
Its a plastic tablet with a standard display. Of course its going to be cheaper.

Neither does the ipad mini. 1024x768 resolution on the mini vs 1280x800. 163 ppi on the mini vs 216 on the nexus 7. So you should rephrase and say the mini is a glass/metal tablet with a a sub par screen and internals for $130 more. Go ahead and drop the extra money if you want, i could care less what you or anyone buys but i just want people to have the right info.

Do you really think the people who will buy this cares about the screen resolution?
Some of you guys be acting like your opinion matters to these companies in comparison to the 200 million people who copped iPads..

If the thing had a retina display, ya'll would be crying about how much it costs... (even more than people already are)
The screen would make it EVEN more expensive.

And then adding to that, I never said it did have a retina display. My post was in response to someone saying the mini didn't, and I justified it by pointing out that the Nexus doesn't have one EITHER.

You can't even buy a Nexus 7 at best buy. I think the only retailer I even saw that had them was Sears.
The iPad is EVERYWHERE fam.

And lets not forget about how WalMart ain't selling Kindles anymore because of their beef with Amazon...

This thing is ******** on every other tablet this christmas. Including the iPad 4th gen.

But ya'll can believe what ya'll want.

And Ninja, would how many people you see driving Corvettes in comparison to c300's though?

Thought so.

And if they don't cop the mini, they'll buy the bigger one.

Either way, what ya'll fail to realize is, these things are only going to make Apple more money, and take money out of the competitors pockets.
I don't get whats so hard to understand about that.

Last edited:

They used the Nexus 7 in a side by side comparison for half of the iPad mini segment.
They used it as demonstration for why Apple is better.

Apple was throwing jokes and jabs all morning at Google and the rest of the competition.

Throwing other companies under the bus, blatant name calling, and side by side comparisons don't qualify for coming at the competitions throat?

Apple is out for blood fam.
I thought it would have been about the specs.. I could give 2 ***** about jokes.. I want the product, hardware..
Even still, hardware isn't everything my dude.
And as far as hardware, the iPad mini still has the hardware to compete and outsell the Nexus 7 and Kindle HD.

People buy these things for an experience.

Not everyone would take a Corvette over a Mercedes...
but then you got people here justifying why a c300 is better then a corvette

laugh.gif

Apple baffles me sometimes. I would love if a school does a class on Apple.

For me I think I'll go get the Google tablet. I really don't need all that I just want something I can use for mostly internet use w/o carrying my laptop around to work/school. Plus I have an iPod touch and I'll use that until it doesn't work at all.

Might be a good time to look for a refurbished mac book/imac soon for the home between xmas and when the next iPad drops.

@Prime you def know more than me about these iPads :lol: is the mini really THAT much better than a nexus? I know google has a press conf on te 29th and may announce a 10" model and upgrade the storage on the nexus 7, but I'm wondering if it's smarter to just wait on the price of the mini to drop or just buy a refurbished or used iPad 2? :lol: if the price were like 260-280 it'd be a no brainier for me but now I'm wondering smh

To keep it 100% funky with you. No, its not that much better than the nexus. The construction and quality of the product? Yeah, its better than having some plastic tablet.

But power? Nah. This joint isn't superior to the Nexus.

But at the same time, where the iPad lacks in spec power, it makes up for in everything else. They even showed that if you remove all the clutter, and got right down to the screen size thats actually useable, the nexus shows almost 50% less on its screen than the iPad mini can.

You really just paying for which experience you want.
If you've owned any Apple product, you know the support you'll get with it and the ease of use.

This iPad Mini is an iPad 2.5 but smaller. Which is why they price it damn near close to the price (a little cheaper) than the iPad 2.

Apple is a luxury brand. They sell products for a premium price and give you a premium experience.

Premium experience doesn't always mean cram as much power into something as you can. Which is why I made that Corvette vs Mercedes comparison. (which Ninjahood ran blindly into and didn't understand what I meant)

You can buy a Camaro with all of the trimmings on the interior and the SS engine, and it will still be cheaper than a Mercedes E class.

But you're getting what you pay for. You're paying for the brand... And thats what millions of people do.
People buy Benzes because they're Mercedes.. People will buy this because its Apple. And they will enjoy it, because 80% of the people buying these things don't care about the same things we do.

Last edited:
From what I read up about android.....Their OS needs these powerful CPU's because of androids OS. Apple's OS is definitely optimize for any dam CPU they throw in their hardware....

Android suffers from massive memory leaks, and requires twice the hardware of iOS, or WP7 to provide a semi acceptable user experience.
bingo.

Apple wins out because of how they code their metal. It really matters. They get more out of less. Don't be fooled by "quad core tegra 3" as if that means something. 

You won't know which core is turned on when (if) you're not satisfied with the device experience.

@Prime you def know more than me about these iPads :lol: is the mini really THAT much better than a nexus? I know google has a press conf on te 29th and may announce a 10" model and upgrade the storage on the nexus 7, but I'm wondering if it's smarter to just wait on the price of the mini to drop or just buy a refurbished or used iPad 2? :lol: if the price were like 260-280 it'd be a no brainier for me but now I'm wondering smh

To keep it 100% funky with you. No, its not that much better than the nexus. The construction and quality of the product? Yeah, its better than having some plastic tablet.

But at the same time, where the iPad lacks in spec power, it makes up for in everything else. They even showed that if you remove all the clutter, and got right down to the screen size thats actually useable, the nexus shows almost 50% less on its screen than the iPad mini can.

If you've owned any Apple product, you know the support you'll get with it and the ease of use.

This iPad Mini is an iPad 2.5 but smaller. Which is why they price it damn near close to the price (a little cheaper) than the iPad 2.

Apple is a luxury brand. They sell products for a premium price and give you a premium experience.

Premium experience doesn't always mean cram as much power into something as you can. Which is why I made that Corvette vs Mercedes comparison. (which Ninjahood ran blindly into and didn't understand what I meant)

You can buy a Camaro with all of the trimmings on the interior and the SS engine, and it will still be cheaper than a Mercedes E class.

But you're getting what you pay for. You're paying for the brand... And thats what millions of people do.
People buy Benzes because they're Mercedes.. People will buy this because its Apple. And they will enjoy it, because 80% of the people buying these things don't care about the same things we do.

Repped. thanks man, yeah the thing that gets me is the iOS is so damn smooth and they have soooo many iPad optimized apps that are pretty much tailor made for it, that and I'm already used to it with my 4S and my 5 yr old black macbook (still going strong :lol:)....I know this tablet will work well for at least 3 yrs.

I've had some experience with Android platform with my old phones and while I like that you can customize it much more than Apple stuff its kinda like you have to get 2-3 subpar apps that kinda do the same thing as an iOS app but it feels like a cheap imitation in some cases. I'm not gonna jump on this yet...maybe end of november I'll reevaluate and see whats up...329 is high but like you said I'm paying for the name too...damn I'll probably end up copping one eventually :lol:

Repped. thanks man, yeah the thing that gets me is the iOS is so damn smooth and they have soooo many iPad optimized apps that are pretty much tailor made for it, that and I'm already used to it with my 4S and my 5 yr old black macbook (still going strong :lol:)....I know this tablet will work well for at least 3 yrs.

I've had some experience with Android platform with my old phones and while I like that you can customize it much more than Apple stuff its kinda like you have to get 2-3 subpar apps that kinda do the same thing as an iOS app but it feels like a cheap imitation in some cases. I'm not gonna jump on this yet...maybe end of november I'll reevaluate and see whats up...329 is high but like you said I'm paying for the name too...damn I'll probably end up copping one eventually :lol:

Thats exactly how I'm looking at it. If I buy this Mini, I'll be keeping it for a few years down the line.
The nexus is outstanding for its price/spec ratio in comparison to the iPad, but sometimes buying something isn't always about thats got more. Its about what you like more.

I'll prolly copp. Never owned a tab an my 4s is kinda lame when it comes to browsing an surfing the web an what not. An I'm ready to throw this DELL inspiron 1501 out the damneded window.

I'll prolly copp. Never owned a tab an my 4s is kinda lame when it comes to browsing an surfing the web an what not. An I'm ready to throw this DELL inspiron 1501 out the damneded window.

Sounds like you should be in the market for a new computer fam.

Forget the ipad, put some extra cash with that money and go for a good PC
You can get a decent all in one PC or a mac mini for an extra 200 bucks.

If the iPad is what you want, then by all means do you.
But there's nothing more frustrating than a computer that doesn't work the way you want it to. Cause you'll need that PC to manage your iPad.

Last edited:
So can we now expect a New Ipad Mini 2 to come out in 6 months then? :smh:
Doubtful. But I'm not sure what the iPad release cycle will be. I have a feeling that the new iPad was updated early because this was all they were going to do to it, even if it released in March. I'm thinking we may see a summer iPad and fall iPhone cycle. No way do they lump everything in the fall. It screws with earnings too much.

Back on NT after giving in on trying to retrieve my username.  Thoughts on getting the ipad mini vs. a refurbished ipad 3 for 379 vs the ipad 4?  I think getting a new ipad2 for 399 is out of the question.  Thanks.

Back on NT after giving in on trying to retrieve my username.  Thoughts on getting the ipad mini vs. a refurbished ipad 3 for 379 vs the ipad 4?  I think getting a new ipad2 for 399 is out of the question.  Thanks.

the differences in the 4 and 3 are not OD noticible from what I see unless you are a heavy gamer. I like the mini because its gonna be more comfy to use in bed, and I dont feel like a douche whipping out a big tablet.

Did you dudes just spend the last four pages explaining why you WON'T get the device and how you think it's overpriced? :smh:

Save your breath. This thing will sell and it doesn't need to have retina display to justify it's price tag or it's worthiness. It's one of the fastest-selling device of all time in a pint-sized version. Dudes crying that there aren't a gazillions pixels on a 7.9" display. :rolleyes

Okay, then go with the iPad 3 then. Don't **** on this thread because you think Apple releases crap or because you think they could have come harder.

At the moment, this tablet fits my conmuting lifestyle nicely. I don't need a "retina" display. Truth be told, it's hard to tell the difference between a retina display regular-sized iPad and the non-retina. So imagine how great the screen resolution will actually look in something two inches smaller.

I will critique the product AFTER I get it. No I'm not saying it's the best thing ever or anything, but only that it fits my needs at the moment, or so I think. There is always a return policy that I won't hesitate to take advantage of if I think the Mini is a wash.

One thing is for sure - I really like my iPhone 5 and am hoping that affinity trickles over to the iPad Mini.

Last edited:
Did you dudes just spend the last four pages explaining why you WON'T get the device and how you think it's overpriced? :smh:

Save your breath. This thing will sell and it doesn't need to have retina display to justify it's price tag or it's worthiness. It's one of the fastest-selling device of all time in a pint-sized version. Dudes crying that there aren't a gazillions pixels on a 7.9" display. :rolleyes

Okay, then go with the iPad 3 then. Don't **** on this thread because you think Apple releases crap or because you think they could have come harder.

At the moment, this tablet fits my conmuting lifestyle nicely. I don't need a "retina" display. Truth be told, it's hard to tell the difference between a retina display regular-sized iPad and the non-retina. So imagine how great the screen resolution will actually look in something two inches smaller.

I will critique the product AFTER I get it. No I'm not saying it's the best thing ever or anything, but only that it fits my needs at the moment, or so I think. There is always a return policy that I won't hesitate to take advantage of if I think the Mini is a wash.

One thing is for sure - I really like my iPhone 5 and am hoping that affinity trickles over to the iPad Mini.

I'm right there with you. We have the same game plan.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Apple just made my Christmas shopping for my wife and kids that much easier.  Three 16 GB WiFi minis, please.  They couldn't care less about a Retina display, so this is a no-brainer for me.  

I think I'm going to pre-order the 4th gen joint this Friday though.  I sold my 3rd gen last week and got damn near what I paid for it back in April.  Personally, I was hoping for a Retina display on the mini, as well as better price points, so I'll just roll with the regular sized joint.  

Also, I love the hate that these Apple threads bring.  Every time, we here the same thing:  product XYZ is pointless, specs are garbage, blah, blah, blah.  And every damn time what happens?  Sales go through the roof.  I love it.    

Haven't been in the Apple ecosystem that long, so i dont have an idea on how things hold value but come march how much will I be able to get for my perfect condition Ipad 3 16 gb wifi only?

I was thinking 4th gen but that mini in black just so sexy

Just watched the press conference in full, and yeah that black one is tempting me....I'll probably end up getting that version....I figure the apple experience and durability will offset some of the price between this and the nexus....hardware to me is basically the same I'm not gonna be heavily gaming on it that much. Plus this will be my first tablet and one I roll with for at least 2-3 yrs, so might as well get the reliability I'm used to. smh on how my opinion changed on this but :smokin at the same time haha

WTFF IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ITOUCH AND AN IPAD MINI???

AND PEOPLE WILL STILL BUY IT..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom