iPhone 3GS Bye Bye, iPhone HD Coming This Summer Also To Verizon........

It would be nice if you could hook it up to you computer and use it as a webcam, other phones can so I'm assuming the iPhone will be able to eventually.
Smh to the people that are gonna say this is the first phone with a front camera.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

oh! hi. i didn't notice you there.

Spoiler [+]
29mar10oub234tcds.jpg

android is winning
iphone = orange right?

Android = green?

nerd.gif

And I don't see why the OS needs to change. Boring is never a reason to change anything when functionality and performance is optimal.

Videochat would be horrible on these networks we have in the US. Unless all y'all are trying to get your webcam game on the go.
grin.gif

1. it would be like runnin osx on the same hardware as vista... osx would run ALOT smoother...
2. i dont think they have the same type of screen...
1. No...it wouldn't since most computers fitted to run Vista aren't gonna be compatible with OSX
2. They do.

so how come so many people are running both mac os and windows on their comps?
laugh.gif

and what was the problem with the screen anyway?

If you're talking about Apple computer users it's because putting Windows on anything is easy due to its flexibility. You'll rarely ever see it the other way around.

OSX is NOT flexible and requires coding and tinkering to get it to work even semi-decent on a normal non-Apple PC. And once you do get it to work Apple tends to send updates to cripple that.

If you need proof look up what went down with psystar.
alien.gif

I never said there was anything wrong with the screen, but the HD2 and EVO will share the same slab of glass and capacitive sensors.

back on topic, if the next resolution is 960 x 640 I will.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

It would be nice if you could hook it up to you computer and use it as a webcam, other phones can so I'm assuming the iPhone will be able to eventually.
Smh to the people that are gonna say this is the first phone with a front camera.

I was JUST thinking about starting development for a webcam app.

nerd.gif

OP change the title, the Verizon part is speculation. I feel that the VZW would have known a while ago that they would have the iPhone on their network, Droid commercials would have been yanked.

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

Im buying if

Front facing camera (Skype & Fring)
5MP camera with 720P recording + flash (dual LED is fine)
3.7-4.0 Screen
1Ghz or more processor
&
Real Multitasking

If Nokia fail to impress me this year. im moving to apple or andriod.
Rumored Nokia: 12MP with Xenon flash and 720P recording,HDMI,3.5-4.0 Capacitive screen and Symbian^3 OS.
2 years of disappointment (n96 &n97) im really hoping the next flagship is gold.
the iphone is not going to impress, y would the ipad and iphone have similar processors and resolution?
the mulitasking has been rumored over and over again, we'll probably get something else that every other phone already has.
The bigger screen doesnt impress me 3.2-3.5 is the best fit for a smartphone

I'm bored so I'll bite.

What's the big deal?

What can a 'multitasking' phone do that makes getting an iphone a dealbreaker?

Also adding 'multitasking' to the OS can be done through firmware. no need to change it.
what do u mean what is the big deal? if i wanna b on twitter, NT, and aim i couldnt... yall prolly cant do tabbed browsing either

dont act like u use one program at a time on ur comp... why should it be any different on a "smart" phone...

Spoiler [+]
29mar10oub234tcds.jpg

android is winning
but android is basically on every network, while iphone is only on att.

and, iphone is only one phone. android is only many different phones (maybe 20 or so?) so its kinda hard to compare.

also the fact that iphone is only on att. it would be interesting to compare if the iphone was on verizon, tmobile, sprint as well.

OMGOMOGMOGMOG IPHONE KILLER!! OMGOMGOMG [average nter]

this is good news, i've been with t-mobile for 6 years and i've been looking for some change

PH3N0M3N0N wrote:
1. it would be like runnin osx on the same hardware as vista... osx would run ALOT smoother...
1. No...it wouldn't since most computers fitted to run Vista aren't gonna be compatible with OSX
2. They do.

laugh.gif

Alot of people are saying that the screen is not as responsive as the iPhone's still and it occasional freezes up (The HD2). Some NTers are even saying that on the HTC thread.

Originally Posted by presequel

Spoiler [+]
29mar10oub234tcds.jpg

android is winning

and, iphone is only one phone. android is only many different phones (maybe 20 or so?) so its kinda hard to compare.

also the fact that iphone is only on att. it would be interesting to compare if the iphone was on verizon, tmobile, sprint as well.
There are plenty of unlocked iPhones on various networks. Rogers, Tmobile, etc.

the fact that your using litterally 20 kinds of phones just isnt fair dont be a fan boy....you wanna use their top phones htc hero, droid, and whatever else then do that but dont use every phone.

I'm bored so I'll bite.

What's the big deal?

Also adding 'multitasking' to the OS can be done through firmware. no need to change it.
what do u mean what is the big deal? if i wanna b on twitter, NT, and aim i couldnt... yall prolly cant do tabbed browsing either

dont act like u use one program at a time on ur comp... why should it be any different on a "smart" phone...
Ok now I understand the talks about "multitasking". If you want to use those applications you would have to close one then open the other in order to use them. one thing you're wrong about is the "tabbed" browsing, the iPhone has it but the wording is different.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

PH3N0M3N0N wrote:
2. They do.

laugh.gif

Alot of people are saying that the screen is not as responsive as the iPhone's still and it occasional freezes up (The HD2). Some NTers are even saying that on the HTC thread.

Those could be contributed to a few things though, i.e. bloatware, too many apps opened up.....etc

PH3N0M3N0N wrote:
2. They do.

laugh.gif

Those could be contributed to a few things though, i.e. bloatware, too many apps opened up.....etc

Well whatever the case may be, it definitely kills off the snapdragon 1ghz processor capability. But the touchscreen's responsiveness seems like it would have something to do with the hardware (how the screen is built) or how the hardware responds to the OS it runs with.

Originally Posted by presequel

Spoiler [+]
29mar10oub234tcds.jpg

android is winning

There are plenty of unlocked iPhones on various networks. Rogers, Tmobile, etc.

You cant compare the number of unlocked iPhones to the amount of units that would move if it were officially on other networks.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Cool. Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg like Apple products usually do.

lol. ignorance at its finest.

$199/$299 on a 2/3 year contract is a lot?

it's cheaper than a blackberry when they first come out and the iPhone has more storage.

PH3N0M3N0N wrote:
2. They do.

laugh.gif

Well whatever the case may be, it definitely kills off the snapdragon 1ghz processor capability. But the touchscreen's responsiveness seems like it would have something to do with the hardware (how the screen is built) or how the hardware responds to the OS it runs with.

It's most likely a mix of both.

Originally Posted by icykicks79

^^ its only $199/299 if you qualify for a new 2 year contract right?

That's ANY phone so that point is null and void.  The BB is $500 or better without a contract.  Nature of biz.  Anyway, glad I'm currently due for an upgrade that I will gladly hold out on until the new iPhone drops.

I'm bored so I'll bite.

What's the big deal?

Because my comp has exponentially more processing power than my phone and it's attached to a constant power supply. I don't like having extra crap running on my PC or laptop either. A music player and whatever I'm working on at that point.

Guess what? My iphone has a music player and I can use that while I work on other things as well. Pandora/Slacker aren't needed because all my music that I listen to is already on the phone.
pimp.gif

This example, the 'I bought it so I should be able to do whatever the hell I want with it even though I knew full well I wouldn't be able to before I bought it' group and the pandora while using the built in media player taking a call (which is stupid as hell but whatever I guess) are the only ones I ever hear.

Y'all make up probably 5% at most of the 40+ million iphone users and even less of the iphone OS population. You want it, but you don't need it.

Back
Top Bottom