iPhone 4 On T-Mobile......VOL How Is It?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

It's all about preference...so if people prefer to pay full price bills for half @%^ service, then hey.
thats game, set, and match
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Ninjahood hows that Android Netflix app? Oh wait...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pssh, i can stream megavideo directly to my web browser...watchin movies for free cuz i got flash >>*
pimp.gif

iphone stans stay losing thinkin that walled garden is da end all, be all.
laugh.gif

naa ninja, skyfire app lets you watch flash vids on iphone
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

It's all about preference...so if people prefer to pay full price bills for half @%^ service, then hey.
thats game, set, and match
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Ninjahood hows that Android Netflix app? Oh wait...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pssh, i can stream megavideo directly to my web browser...watchin movies for free cuz i got flash >>*
pimp.gif

iphone stans stay losing thinkin that walled garden is da end all, be all.
laugh.gif

naa ninja, skyfire app lets you watch flash vids on iphone
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

lol. Its pointless to even debate this. PEOPLE ARE GONNA BUY WHAT THEY LIKE.

I've had an iPhone on t-mobile before. It was ok.....had (and have) an android powered phone and a blackberry. Android is winning big time IMO.

I just dont get it. Why would someone realistically buy a phone on a platform that doesnt get supported like its rival competitor? It just doesnt make any logical sense. The average computer user probably use Facebook, Netflix, and Skype for the most part out of the daily web browsing. Android doesnt even have Skype or Netflix as of yet and its Facebook application has ALWAYS been behind the iPhone verison. Why would anyone claim android is better considering those facts? I understand and agree that Android devices consistently have better hardware than iOS products but software wise Android phones are just big ol paper weights compared to the iPhone. How do you have the majority of the market share but have the worse app selection? Clearly something isn't going right with the platform. The only reason Android has had success is because they just absorbed all the other old phone manufacturers companies who instead of creating their own os like how it used to be make their flagship products on the android platform. Not because Android is actually good or offers the user any real advantages just because there is no real alternative. Think about it what options do you really have when buying a smart phone. BlackBerry? Cmon the average user doesnt want that outdated trash. iPhone? you're carrier probably doesnt have it (you/you're carrier would probably sell your/their soul to get it though) WP 7? garbage or Android. I disregarded Symbain because well I havent seen anyone in "real life" even talk about Nokia since the 6600.
Android has Skype x is beta testing oovoo.
And the facebook is on par with the "iTouch" version.

And if you are more  than just a basic end user, then you can make your phone the way you want it. each OS  has their pros and cons just like anything but I'm sorry: other than the fact that iOS is one year older than Android (which gave apple time to develop deals with companies in order to build mainstream apps hence MORE apps than Android) , there's nothing incredible about iOS.

Spoiler [+]
 Ninjahood acknowledged my existence. I am excite. jk 
laugh.gif

Android does not have Skype Video calling which is what most people use.

Facebook is not the same as the iTouch. They JUST added push notifcations (only on 2.2+) and chat support.

I wouldnt say iPhone had more time to create developer relations. Lets take Netflix for example Netflix really hasnt been popular that long in terms of instant streaming (average person has probably known of it for tops a year) its the same amount of time they could of made the Android version. Android has a larger marketshare than iOS so why is it not getting the same support as iOS? Clearly there is a reason why for it. Just pay attention to the apps the major apps for the iPhone and compare them with the Android version. There is absolutely no consumer benefit for buying anything Android.

By buying an Android Product you are consenting the following:
You will NOT get OS updates on a real schedule
You may NOT even get the updated OS
Your phone may not even have the same app functionality compared to other phones on the platform

Knowing that above why would anyone buy an Android product.

I've had an iPhone on t-mobile before. It was ok.....had (and have) an android powered phone and a blackberry. Android is winning big time IMO.

I just dont get it. Why would someone realistically buy a phone on a platform that doesnt get supported like its rival competitor? It just doesnt make any logical sense. The average computer user probably use Facebook, Netflix, and Skype for the most part out of the daily web browsing. Android doesnt even have Skype or Netflix as of yet and its Facebook application has ALWAYS been behind the iPhone verison. Why would anyone claim android is better considering those facts? I understand and agree that Android devices consistently have better hardware than iOS products but software wise Android phones are just big ol paper weights compared to the iPhone. How do you have the majority of the market share but have the worse app selection? Clearly something isn't going right with the platform. The only reason Android has had success is because they just absorbed all the other old phone manufacturers companies who instead of creating their own os like how it used to be make their flagship products on the android platform. Not because Android is actually good or offers the user any real advantages just because there is no real alternative. Think about it what options do you really have when buying a smart phone. BlackBerry? Cmon the average user doesnt want that outdated trash. iPhone? you're carrier probably doesnt have it (you/you're carrier would probably sell your/their soul to get it though) WP 7? garbage or Android. I disregarded Symbain because well I havent seen anyone in "real life" even talk about Nokia since the 6600.

And if you are more  than just a basic end user, then you can make your phone the way you want it. each OS  has their pros and cons just like anything but I'm sorry: other than the fact that iOS is one year older than Android (which gave apple time to develop deals with companies in order to build mainstream apps hence MORE apps than Android) , there's nothing incredible about iOS.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Facebook is not the same as the iTouch. They JUST added push notifcations (only on 2.2+) and chat support.

I wouldnt say iPhone had more time to create developer relations. Lets take Netflix for example Netflix really hasnt been popular that long in terms of instant streaming (average person has probably known of it for tops a year) its the same amount of time they could of made the Android version. Android has a larger marketshare than iOS so why is it not getting the same support as iOS? Clearly there is a reason why for it. Just pay attention to the apps the major apps for the iPhone and compare them with the Android version. There is absolutely no consumer benefit for buying anything Android.

Your phone may not even have the same app functionality compared to other phones on the platform

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

I definitely respect your opinion bro However Like I stated before, each has it's pros and cons. the thread was about iPhone on T-mobile correct? which  I think (as someone who has had an iPhone on t-mobile) is pointless. you can't fully enjoy your iPhone. that's like paying for a top tier cable plan but not getting the stations in HD. If you gonna do something, DO IT ALL THE WAY.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

I definitely respect your opinion bro However Like I stated before, each has it's pros and cons. the thread was about iPhone on T-mobile correct? which  I think (as someone who has had an iPhone on t-mobile) is pointless. you can't fully enjoy your iPhone. that's like paying for a top tier cable plan but not getting the stations in HD. If you gonna do something, DO IT ALL THE WAY.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Yeah thats true if you want an iPhone you should probably switch to ATT but we dont know OPs situation. He could be locked into a T-Mobile contract. There are a few posters on here who do it and when I used to unlock iPhones people would always come that had T-Mobile. If they can make it work why not? Some people only use the internet when there is wifi.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Yeah thats true if you want an iPhone you should probably switch to ATT but we dont know OPs situation. He could be locked into a T-Mobile contract. There are a few posters on here who do it and when I used to unlock iPhones people would always come that had T-Mobile. If they can make it work why not? Some people only use the internet when there is wifi.

The App argument is very tired... There are far more "apps" than there are actual applications. App Store has about 300k apps, Android market has around 200k ( http://www.networkworld.c...e-app-store.html#slide11 ).

So the iPhone is better because it offers 30 different media players instead of Android's measly 20?
eyes.gif
ok..

As stated, it's all preference as both OSs most likely offer a solution for your needs..

I dont know about you OP, but Edge is NOT the business. You can kiss any type of streaming goodbye. Even your app downloads would take some time.. If you want an iPhone, go to AT&T or Verizon. If you want more affordable plans with more lenient data plans then come to T-Mobile and get an Android. Ignore all the fanboy talk going on in here..

The App argument is very tired... There are far more "apps" than there are actual applications. App Store has about 300k apps, Android market has around 200k ( http://www.networkworld.c...e-app-store.html#slide11 ).

So the iPhone is better because it offers 30 different media players instead of Android's measly 20?
eyes.gif
ok..

As stated, it's all preference as both OSs most likely offer a solution for your needs..

I dont know about you OP, but Edge is NOT the business. You can kiss any type of streaming goodbye. Even your app downloads would take some time.. If you want an iPhone, go to AT&T or Verizon. If you want more affordable plans with more lenient data plans then come to T-Mobile and get an Android. Ignore all the fanboy talk going on in here..

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

eyes.gif
ok..

No its better because it has

Netflix
Better Facebook
Dead Space
Rage HD
Tivo Controller
Comcast Xfinity Controller
TomTom
MotionX GPS

Thats why its apps are better. Not number wise but QUALITY wise. Also you can and XBMC and VLC for Jailbroken iphones.

eyes.gif
ok..

Netflix
Better Facebook
Dead Space
Rage HD
Tivo Controller
TomTom
MotionX GPS

Thats why its apps are better. Not number wise but QUALITY wise. Also you can and XBMC and VLC for Jailbroken iphones.

If you want an iPhone, go to AT&T or Verizon.
/thread.

I had an iPhone on T-Mobile and it was cool at first, but Edge does suck.  If you're going to stay with T-Mobile I'd get an Android phone. 

If you want an iPhone, go to AT&T or Verizon.
/thread.

I had an iPhone on T-Mobile and it was cool at first, but Edge does suck.  If you're going to stay with T-Mobile I'd get an Android phone. 

honestly the only thing that Andoid has over iOS imo is Flash. And even then on my phone, I can careless about it because I use my phones web to refer to things (look up info, twitter, facebook) But on the iPad it is a pain though, one reason why I may actually get a Honeycomb tablet this time around, but even then I still may get the iPad2

honestly the only thing that Andoid has over iOS imo is Flash. And even then on my phone, I can careless about it because I use my phones web to refer to things (look up info, twitter, facebook) But on the iPad it is a pain though, one reason why I may actually get a Honeycomb tablet this time around, but even then I still may get the iPad2

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Knowing that above why would anyone buy an Android  Samsung product.
fixed. mostly all android phones are on 2.2 sans samsung phones.

im on a Nexus one, i can get gingerbread right now if i was thrist VIA xda, which give me da upperhead over any iphone...WE can choose what we wanna put on our phones..

da hell i look like letting Steve Jobs tellin me "whats good for my phone"
grin.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

we gonna have dual core 1080p mirroring this year....whats ur iphone 4 gonna finally gonna be able to do...flash?
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Knowing that above why would anyone buy an Android  Samsung product.
fixed. mostly all android phones are on 2.2 sans samsung phones.

im on a Nexus one, i can get gingerbread right now if i was thrist VIA xda, which give me da upperhead over any iphone...WE can choose what we wanna put on our phones..

da hell i look like letting Steve Jobs tellin me "whats good for my phone"
grin.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

we gonna have dual core 1080p mirroring this year....whats ur iphone 4 gonna finally gonna be able to do...flash?
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
ok..

Netflix
Better Facebook
Dead Space
Rage HD
Tivo Controller
TomTom
MotionX GPS

Dude let it go, your rapping about apps, and ui this and that. If you can't afford to have an iphone on its respected network there in no purpose of using or owing the iphone for mobility purposes(3G SPEEDS). You may preach apps this and that but Apple and its respected carriers isn't praising you to go ahed and jailbreak your phone for a unauthorized network.

If op is locked into a t-mobile contract he should stay with a t-mobile phone and stop putting up a front just to show-off he has an iphone, get a ipod touch if you like ios so much or its apps.The people who have t-mobile iphones clearly can't afford att plans. I prefer my 3G/4G speeds when I'm out the house cause an unsecured wifi puts you at risk and defeats the purpose of being truly mobile when it comes to using you phone as a hotspot device for your laptop an anything else.

/thread.

eyes.gif
ok..

Netflix
Better Facebook
Dead Space
Rage HD
Tivo Controller
TomTom
MotionX GPS

Dude let it go, your rapping about apps, and ui this and that. If you can't afford to have an iphone on its respected network there in no purpose of using or owing the iphone for mobility purposes(3G SPEEDS). You may preach apps this and that but Apple and its respected carriers isn't praising you to go ahed and jailbreak your phone for a unauthorized network.

If op is locked into a t-mobile contract he should stay with a t-mobile phone and stop putting up a front just to show-off he has an iphone, get a ipod touch if you like ios so much or its apps.The people who have t-mobile iphones clearly can't afford att plans. I prefer my 3G/4G speeds when I'm out the house cause an unsecured wifi puts you at risk and defeats the purpose of being truly mobile when it comes to using you phone as a hotspot device for your laptop an anything else.

/thread.

and for da record if you got AIM, facebook chat is already included...you serious tried to use that are a chip against android? 
laugh.gif

#stantalk

and google maps >*

Netflix
Better Facebook
dont you UNDERSTAND that da android browser = 100% desktop experience?

we don't NEED a app to do things that da browser can already handle on it own.
laugh.gif

i can do facebook da say way it looks on a computer.

android got ooVoo which there's way more smuttz on then skype.

netflix & hulu i can stream off my browser...iphone fans don't understand that ya NEED apps because ur phone CANT do da heavy lifting on its browser...

dats not da case with android phone...EFF optimize for mobile, we can do da desktop page just fine
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom