iPhone: Post everything here

great news
pimp.gif
and nice avy
eek.gif
smokin.gif

... any more feed back from those who have started using 2.1 ?

For the past couple of days I have been having alot of dropped calls.... I need to update cause that #%%! is annoying. The only thing I hate is having to putall the apps and music back on the phone.

So does this phone have voice activated GPS? If not then is there any word on when it will be available? annnnd how can I stream movies and stuff?

As promised, Apple has released the iPhone 2.1 firmware through iTunes this morning. The iPhone 2.1 firmware contains the following updates aslisted by Apple:

- decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
- significantly improve battery life for most users
- dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
- improve email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
- faster installation of 3rd party applications
- fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes if you have lots of 3rd party applications
- improved performance in text messaging
- faster loading and searching of contacts
- improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
- repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
- option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
- Genius playlist creation

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

To the people that have updated... Was your phone previously unlocked/jailbroken before you updated? I know that it's not now that you have but were thereany complications because of it being so?

i just downloaded the new update. i'm pretty happy with it. but the text msg'ing still lags a bit.

also, i think this was asked before, why does the volume of the ringer change after i fully charge my iPhone?

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

Originally Posted by AAclaire420

my at&t bill is 99 a month unlimited everything plus 15 bucks or whatever for the unlimited iphone data plan

how did you manage that fam?

well I've had this unlimited everything plan with at&t for like 6 years or longer now, it was a promotional thing a long time ago. I just keep renewingmy contract every time I buy a new phone so when I got my iphone last year all I had to do was add a $15 plan for the unlimted data and thats it
pimp.gif

My og iphone is to the point where its on its last leg. It aint been able to ring in months (just vibrates); sounds like sand is in the phone when it vibratesand now the headphone port is bent up. I have to force the audio cable into it when im in the car.

So, with all that said and all the problem people have had, is i worth it to go ahead and get the 3G???

Originally Posted by Triple Homicide

My og iphone is to the point where its on its last leg. It aint been able to ring in months (just vibrates); sounds like sand is in the phone when it vibrates and now the headphone port is bent up. I have to force the audio cable into it when im in the car.

So, with all that said and all the problem people have had, is i worth it to go ahead and get the 3G???

once you jailbreak it... the best phone out..

video recorder.. ringtone creator.. themes.. customize strings.. dtunes(which is like limewire for the iphone).. nes roms etc..

copy & pasta and mms soon.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

To the people that have updated... Was your phone previously unlocked/jailbroken before you updated? I know that it's not now that you have but were there any complications because of it being so?
nerd.gif
???

I honestly dont think its meant for me to get an iphone. I got scammed once and another person flaked out at the last minute. I need one ASAP.

Originally Posted by just reason

Originally Posted by Triple Homicide

My og iphone is to the point where its on its last leg. It aint been able to ring in months (just vibrates); sounds like sand is in the phone when it vibrates and now the headphone port is bent up. I have to force the audio cable into it when im in the car.

once you jailbreak it... the best phone out..

video recorder.. ringtone creator.. themes.. customize strings.. dtunes(which is like limewire for the iphone).. nes roms etc..

copy & pasta and mms soon.

I just switched from a blackberry to a 3g iphone today. I am completely loss to everything, from first steps to jailbreaking? its consequences? ringtones?themes?

I come to this post and its 175 pages long and the first couple were just about cases, so if anyone would like to directly help me out greatly appreciate it..

While your phone is connected to your comp. click on your phone to bring it up. Click on the movies tab, adn select the ones you want.

thanks for the help everyone, but none if this is working. Could it be my iphone? I don't even have a movie tab when I click on device in itunes. When Isync the phone, I can't drag the movies from the itunes movie folder to the iphone movie folder under device. I mean, I can drag it, but it doesn'tcopy...

Back
Top Bottom