iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by JDocs

... you seriously just quoted all of that to say 4 words ?!?!
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

but you should consider jailbreaking (after the new firmware is out).. it unleashes the true possibilities of the iPho
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i know but i dont want it to get messed up even though i got att i can stilljailbreak it and it will work the same

fair enough.. I was scared to do it at first but once I did.. I wondered why I didnt do it sooner. But don't rush yourself, if you are satisfied with itnow theres no need to change anything.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JDocs

fair enough.. I was scared to do it at first but once I did.. I wondered why I didnt do it sooner. But don't rush yourself, if you are satisfied with it now theres no need to change anything.
pimp.gif
what are the cons about jailbreaking it

Unless you figure out some way to brick your phone after jailbreaking (havent heard ANYTHING about this ANYWHERE) then I cant tell you anything negative. Youmay have to restore it a few times because of poor download choices (always read the comments in the Apps. and make sure it has a high rating). And if you needto bring your phone in for somereason you can just restore it with the original firmware before you bring it.

Damn, I didn't know AT&T and Apple were robbing you guys like that monthly.

Sero FTW! 500 minutes (more than enough for me), unlimited n&w (starting at 7pm), unlimited text, unlimited data, no roaming, fair and flexible all for $30a month. I don't need no trendy phone that's going to be replaced by a new model in 6-18 months. But whatever, its your money, and if you have themeans to support paying over a bill a month just in phone bills, then more power to you.

Originally Posted by KG21

Damn, I didn't know AT&T and Apple were robbing you guys like that monthly.

Sero FTW! 500 minutes (more than enough for me), unlimited n&w (starting at 7pm), unlimited text, unlimited data, no roaming, fair and flexible all for $30 a month. I don't need no trendy phone that's going to be replaced by a new model in 6-18 months. But whatever, its your money, and if you have the means to support paying over a bill a month just in phone bills, then more power to you.
i have the first gen iphone and have been very pleased with it i havent wanted to get 3g..........................the only reason people ever giveme on y the 3g is better is "the internet is faster"
eyes.gif
..............so im a just wait and use my upgrade as insurance if i lose it since there is no insurance on iphones

Originally Posted by Dunks206

So Im taking a number 2, then when I get done, my case comes off from my shorts (with iphone inside) and falls in the toilet
sick.gif
frown.gif
... Right now, it is drying with silica packs all around it, and I am going to put it in a bowl of non-cooked rice when I get off from work and leave it like that over night (or how long should I leave it?). Any way I can get a replacement? How much would it cost (if any)? At first what I was planning to say was that I installed (insert random app from store) and my phone crashed, and doesn't work anymore. Would that help?

So Im taking a number 2, then when I get done, my case comes off from my shorts (with iphone inside) and falls in the toilet
sick.gif
frown.gif
... Right now, it is drying with silica packs all around it, and I am going to put it in a bowl of non-cooked rice when I get off from work and leave it like that over night (or how long should I leave it?). Any way I can get a replacement? How much would it cost (if any)? At first what I was planning to say was that I installed (insert random app from store) and my phone crashed, and doesn't work anymore. Would that help?

Shoulda left it there, phone is crap anyway

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

sick.gif
frown.gif

Shoulda left it there, phone is crap anyway

not so much

The iPhone 2.1 software update contains many bug fixes and improvements. To get it, connect your iPhone to your computer using iTunes 8 and click Check for Update.

Update includes:

Decrease in call set-up failures and dropped calls
Significantly better battery life for most users
Dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
Faster installation of 3rd party applications
Fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes for users with lots of third party applications
Improved performance in text messaging
Faster loading and searching of contacts
Improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
Repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
Option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
Genius playlist creation

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

1 question. I've done the math and everything but what does your guys cell phone bill come out like.

Id Get 450 minutes, Internet Plan, and unlimited text.

So it'd be 39.99+30+20= 89.99 hows that after tax for yall
I got a discount of 23% and I have this plan, it comes out to $82 when it's all said and done. Plus I get 650 anytime mins because I have a200 bonus minutes code. So this can kinda help you, if I get 23% off my bill and it only comes out to $82 then you're definitely gonna get got without adiscount. Taxes are ridiculous imo I think I pay like $10 in taxes and fees.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

1 question. I've done the math and everything but what does your guys cell phone bill come out like.

I got a discount of 23% and I have this plan, it comes out to $82 when it's all said and done. Plus I get 650 anytime mins because I have a 200 bonus minutes code. So this can kinda help you, if I get 23% off my bill and it only comes out to $82 then you're definitely gonna get got without a discount. Taxes are ridiculous imo I think I pay like $10 in taxes and fees.

How do you get a 23% discount, if you don't mind me asking?

anyone download 2.1 yet? i was reading on macrumors and it's supposed to give the phones better battery life as well and also better 3g signal.

how's it for those that downloaded it?

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

I got a discount of 23% and I have this plan, it comes out to $82 when it's all said and done. Plus I get 650 anytime mins because I have a 200 bonus minutes code. So this can kinda help you, if I get 23% off my bill and it only comes out to $82 then you're definitely gonna get got without a discount. Taxes are ridiculous imo I think I pay like $10 in taxes and fees.

How do you get a 23% discount, if you don't mind me asking?
It all depends on where you work or go to school.

Work= 23%
School= 15%

Gotta pick one so of course the highest one

Check your's here

https://www.wireless.att.com/busine...e=null&bref=IB00010007900004&_requestid=25544https://www.wireless.att....0004&_requestid=25544

I'm thinking about switching to the next text plan up... i used all 200 texts yesterday
sick.gif
and I would have to wait until OCTOBER to send another text!
I wonder if it will apply to my current usage if i switch it online now... does anyone know? (switch from 200 text plan to 1500 or unlimited but I doubtI'll go unlimited).
I doubt it will apply now but it's worth a shot maybe haha.

just downloaded 2.1 i can see a little difference in the signal i went from 1 bar to 3 bars i guess that's a improvement

Originally Posted by dalilboy

just downloaded 2.1 i can see a little difference in the signal i went from 1 bar to 3 bars i guess that's a improvement
pimp.gif
gonna download once I get home.

I update to 2.1 this morning. So far, no lag on Contacts and Text Messaging. Hopefully the phone doesn't crash anymore either.

So far, so good.

Back
Top Bottom