iPhone: Post everything here

how do i upgrade softwaer on a tmobile iphone? i'm stuck on 1.0.2 and i do not want to loose my phone capabilities.

Originally Posted by beezylocks

how do i save pictures from the internet onto my phone and use em as my background??????

You can't do it using the phone, you have to save them to your computer and sync using itunes.

On craigslist I've seen em run like 350+.... or you can just find one that's not unlocked and just do it yourself.

i have t zones and i can do everything needed and i can search on youtube which i dont use youtube but twice in the 9 months that i have had it

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

what's a descent price for an unlocked iphone?

Got an 8GB for $250 near perfect condition. Steal
pimp.gif

i want to get an iphone on ebay but i dont want to get scammed and it ends up being a stolen phone and i cant activate it

any help?

If you can then why didn't you post the steps? I've tried to save pics from safari while browsing on the phone and there is no option.

You would need the safari browser hack to allow full screen viewing (don't know the name but its in installer - thats why i didn't post how to do it)and the Screen Shot program that allows you to take a photo of your screen. Snap it, then just go into customize and change your wallpaper.

Did anyone else update the installer to 3.11 today? I wish that I didn't cause now I'm back to getting the stupid "Error package downloadfailed"
mad.gif
I never got this message after I restored and updated to the 3.1. Is thereany way to go back to 3.1? Or is there a way to fix me getting this message?

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Did anyone else update the installer to 3.11 today? I wish that I didn't cause now I'm back to getting the stupid "Error package download failed"
mad.gif
I never got this message after I restored and updated to the 3.1. Is there any way to go back to 3.1? Or is there a way to fix me getting this message?

Uh oh...glad I didn't update. I'll search around and see what I come up with to help...

EDIT: I found the list of features that's included with the update, but nothing about it crashing...here's the list while I keep looking:
* Ability to refresh one source at a time!!
* Soft reboot after Install/Uninstall without going to lock screen - cool
* Search for apps to uninstall
* Repo's cache will no longer be saved locally
* Save .zip files to the local Repo ~/Media/Installer

Does anyone know how to create and put ringtones on the iphone thats been jailbreaked?
Firmware is 1.1.4 (latest)

Check page 10 of this thread. It shows you how to do it in itunes...... So any word on how to downgrade back to Installer 3.1?

Originally Posted by Mthreee

EXACT STEPS

1. Select the song in iTunes that I want to use as a ringtone. Protected AAC files will not work.
2. Right-click on the song and select Get Info
3. Go to the Options page and select the start and end times for the ringtone
4. Right-click on the song again and select Convert Selection to AAC
5. Right-click on the converted song and select Show in Finder
6. Drag the .m4a file from the Finder window to your desktop
7. Go back to iTunes and delete the converted song from iTunes. When I skipped this step, double clicking on the .m4r file to import the ringtone into iTunes did not work properly.
8. Right-click on the song file on your desktop, select Get Info and change the file extension from .m4a to m4r. You should get a warning message about changing the extension.
9. Open a Finder window and locate the Ringtones folder underneath your iTunes folder. The path should be /Users//Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Ringtones. If this folder does not exist, create it.
10. Drag the renamed song file from your desktop to the Ringtones folder in Finder.
11. Double-click on the .m4r file now stored inside the Ringtones folder. iTunes should change to the Ringtones folder under Library near the top and start playing the ringtone
12. Plug-in your iPhone to begin the sync process. This should copy the ringtone over to your iPhone. You can verify this after the sync is complete by expanding the iPhone contents inside iTunes and then, selecting the Ringtones folder.

I followed all this. I see the song in ringtones in itunes. I've tried to sync it and apparently it did. However, going into sounds on the iphone, Idon't see the song. Shed some light?

Originally Posted by zdiddy5

Yes it's on T-Mobile and it's 19.99

Is that per month? Or just a 1-time fee?

That's a per month fee
I followed all this. I see the song in ringtones in itunes. I've tried to sync it and apparently it did. However, going into sounds on the iphone, I don't see the song. Shed some light?
Did you click on ringtone? At the top it should say Custom and there should be ringtones that you made in there

Originally Posted by Third Coming

Originally Posted by Mthreee

EXACT STEPS

1. Select the song in iTunes that I want to use as a ringtone. Protected AAC files will not work.
2. Right-click on the song and select Get Info
3. Go to the Options page and select the start and end times for the ringtone
4. Right-click on the song again and select Convert Selection to AAC
5. Right-click on the converted song and select Show in Finder
6. Drag the .m4a file from the Finder window to your desktop
7. Go back to iTunes and delete the converted song from iTunes. When I skipped this step, double clicking on the .m4r file to import the ringtone into iTunes did not work properly.
8. Right-click on the song file on your desktop, select Get Info and change the file extension from .m4a to m4r. You should get a warning message about changing the extension.
9. Open a Finder window and locate the Ringtones folder underneath your iTunes folder. The path should be /Users//Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Ringtones. If this folder does not exist, create it.
10. Drag the renamed song file from your desktop to the Ringtones folder in Finder.
11. Double-click on the .m4r file now stored inside the Ringtones folder. iTunes should change to the Ringtones folder under Library near the top and start playing the ringtone
12. Plug-in your iPhone to begin the sync process. This should copy the ringtone over to your iPhone. You can verify this after the sync is complete by expanding the iPhone contents inside iTunes and then, selecting the Ringtones folder.

I followed all this. I see the song in ringtones in itunes. I've tried to sync it and apparently it did. However, going into sounds on the iphone, I don't see the song. Shed some light?

I have your problem fix. Your song title is too long. Make it shorter. Let me know if it works after you've done that.
grin.gif

is there any way to make a ringtone for text messages and email besides the default ones? i don't wanna jailbreak my phone either.... any help?

smh.gif
I thought updates were supposed to be beneficial and helpful? Now I'm back to this crap.
frown.gif

I couldn't find anything about the crash. Did you get everything straight with your phone¿ I still haven't updated yet. I'm nervous to do itnow...

Back
Top Bottom