iPhone: Post everything here

Don't yall get tired of all that unlocking crap and waiting for updates? I did, plus T-Mobile is worse than Sprint. Plus I don't like messing aroundwith bootlegs whether it's Jays, cd's, or iphones. I can't mess with fugazi anything I guess.

Going an hour before the Apple store opens to get a good spot in line. Wish me luck. Damn, I thought I'd never arrive early or wait in line for anything.
smh.gif

for some reason a lot of my albums dont show cover art in cover flow, any way to add it myself? or is that something itunes has to do itself and im screwed?

anyone's myspace app. acting up? specifically, when i open a bulletin.... it will display some random OTHER bulletin in the body. a few times, not evenfrom people in my friends list.

my phone finally came in, picking it up tmrw.

I'm looking for what the best apps for it are. if you have any recommendations could you please PM me? Thx in advance :d

16gb black btw.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

So are they unlocking and jailbreaking the 3G version? And are these the same people that are gonna make the software to allow us 1st gen users to upgrade and unlock/jailbreak again?

I dont think they are unlocking them yet, the ones that are out are unlocked because thats the way they are sold. In some countries they cant sell lockedphones. I think Italy, and Mexico are some.

^alotta asia country's cant sell locked phones either

dudes paying $1000+ here in HK, mad crazy.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Don't yall get tired of all that unlocking crap and waiting for updates? I did, plus T-Mobile is worse than Sprint. Plus I don't like messing around with bootlegs whether it's Jays, cd's, or iphones. I can't mess with fugazi anything I guess.

How the hell is an unlocked phone "fugazi"?
I dont think they are unlocking them yet, the ones that are out are unlocked because thats the way they are sold. In some countries they cant sell locked phones. I think Italy, and Mexico are some.
False...developers HAVE unlocked and jailbroken the 3G and the software will be released soon.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Cause it ain't official

laugh.gif
Why is it not official?

Because you aren't locked down by a contract with a carrier that you don't have? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's the samedamn phone at the end of the day

How old are you?

LOL @ not official...you ever been to Chinatown and seen the fake iphones? No THAT'S fugazi...

unlocked cell phones are the way of the world...get a better perspective

just wanted everyone's opinions, i copped a 16gb just about 3 months ago, towards the end of April for full retail price, $500 plus tax which came out tolike $540 or so, I have the opportunity right now, to unlock my phone, sell it to someone for the price it would cost for me to get a new 3g 16gb, does thatmake any sense? sure the internet speed is faster on the newer 3g, but why the hell are all the jailbroken 1st gen iphones going for so much on ebay, thebiggest problem of all is that if i even do sell mine, its impossible to cop a 3g 16gb anywhere close to NYC, backorder at the AT&T stores are 14-21business days right now ...........
frown.gif

It's coming folks

So we've been working hard on getting the release ready and during this process we've been fixing some final bugs, the actual base of PwnageTool application is working fine and working with all devices that we support. We've been restoring our devices to various firmware revisions so that we can try to reproduce the conditions that most users will have. We are able to fully install any applications on any part of the current devices running 2.0 (and b103) and these versions are the iPhone 114, iPhone 2.0, iPhone 3G.

Apple released an update (b103) just before we were about to release and that support had to be added to the current version, it is pointless to release something that doesn't work on devices out of the box (we've been told new 3Gs will have this firmware), we don't want drama, and we want to do as little support as possible, so we want to make it right the first time.

It was lucky that we delayed slightly as we discovered a bug that causes unexpected behavior when using AppStore and third party applications on the same device. We are working on fixing that bug now, we don't anticipate it is a big one, it has some really odd side effects, causing WiFi dropouts and the loss of stored passwords for WiFi networks. Of course this is only a minor software issue, nothing like the horrible static MAC address that another "elite byte adjuster" forced upon their users.

So, currently (when released) PwnageTool 2.0 will support:-

iPhone (1st Gen) with 2.0 - Activated, Unlocked & Jailbroken, (with support for third party applications).

iPod Touch with 2.0 - Activated & Jailbroken, (with support for third party applications).

iPhone (3G) with 2.0 - Activated, Jailbroken (with support for third party applications).

We've made some progress on the baseband unlock of the 3G device, but at this point PwnageTool will not support 3G unlocking or BootNeuter on the 3G device. It is, of course supported on the first generation device with 2.0. We'll push out an update with 3G support if and when it is completed.

As soon as we fix this up and test a bit more we'll be ready for release, we'll get back to you with a release schedule soon.

Please loosen that seatbelt slightly while our cabin crew serve you complimentary drinks.
- pwnage at 9 this morning

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

It's coming folks

So we've been working hard on getting the release ready and during this process we've been fixing some final bugs, the actual base of PwnageTool application is working fine and working with all devices that we support. We've been restoring our devices to various firmware revisions so that we can try to reproduce the conditions that most users will have. We are able to fully install any applications on any part of the current devices running 2.0 (and b103) and these versions are the iPhone 114, iPhone 2.0, iPhone 3G.

Apple released an update (b103) just before we were about to release and that support had to be added to the current version, it is pointless to release something that doesn't work on devices out of the box (we've been told new 3Gs will have this firmware), we don't want drama, and we want to do as little support as possible, so we want to make it right the first time.

It was lucky that we delayed slightly as we discovered a bug that causes unexpected behavior when using AppStore and third party applications on the same device. We are working on fixing that bug now, we don't anticipate it is a big one, it has some really odd side effects, causing WiFi dropouts and the loss of stored passwords for WiFi networks. Of course this is only a minor software issue, nothing like the horrible static MAC address that another "elite byte adjuster" forced upon their users.

iPhone (1st Gen) with 2.0 - Activated, Unlocked & Jailbroken, (with support for third party applications).

iPod Touch with 2.0 - Activated & Jailbroken, (with support for third party applications).

iPhone (3G) with 2.0 - Activated, Jailbroken (with support for third party applications).

We've made some progress on the baseband unlock of the 3G device, but at this point PwnageTool will not support 3G unlocking or BootNeuter on the 3G device. It is, of course supported on the first generation device with 2.0. We'll push out an update with 3G support if and when it is completed.

As soon as we fix this up and test a bit more we'll be ready for release, we'll get back to you with a release schedule soon.

Please loosen that seatbelt slightly while our cabin crew serve you complimentary drinks.

so what that means is! All those who copped the 3g will NOT be able to use another carrier. Glad i stuck with my OG!!

Ordered mine on MONDAY... they said it should take 5- 10 business days.... I had a blackjack2 but it was basura, I got a curve from my job to hold me down forthe time being...

Originally Posted by OoPrinceOfFreshoO

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

It's coming folks

so what that means is! All those who copped the 3g will NOT be able to use another carrier. Glad i stuck with my OG!!

It's possible...there just isn't a simple unlock right now. The only way it's been done so far is with a sim adapter. Developers are working ona regular software unlock. Only thing is...people are going to be paying an arm and a leg for them...I mean copping w/o the contract any way like 6-700dollars...so on craigslist/ebay people are going to be charging G's for Unlocked 3G iphones.

Back
Top Bottom