iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by OoPrinceOfFreshoO

It's coming folks

So we've been working hard on getting the release ready and during this process we've been fixing some final bugs, the actual base of PwnageTool application is working fine and working with all devices that we support. We've been restoring our devices to various firmware revisions so that we can try to reproduce the conditions that most users will have. We are able to fully install any applications on any part of the current devices running 2.0 (and b103) and these versions are the iPhone 114, iPhone 2.0, iPhone 3G.

Apple released an update (b103) just before we were about to release and that support had to be added to the current version, it is pointless to release something that doesn't work on devices out of the box (we've been told new 3Gs will have this firmware), we don't want drama, and we want to do as little support as possible, so we want to make it right the first time.

It was lucky that we delayed slightly as we discovered a bug that causes unexpected behavior when using AppStore and third party applications on the same device. We are working on fixing that bug now, we don't anticipate it is a big one, it has some really odd side effects, causing WiFi dropouts and the loss of stored passwords for WiFi networks. Of course this is only a minor software issue, nothing like the horrible static MAC address that another "elite byte adjuster" forced upon their users.

So, currently (when released) PwnageTool 2.0 will support:-

iPhone (1st Gen) with 2.0 - Activated, Unlocked & Jailbroken, (with support for third party applications).

iPod Touch with 2.0 - Activated & Jailbroken, (with support for third party applications).

iPhone (3G) with 2.0 - Activated, Jailbroken (with support for third party applications).

We've made some progress on the baseband unlock of the 3G device, but at this point PwnageTool will not support 3G unlocking or BootNeuter on the 3G device. It is, of course supported on the first generation device with 2.0. We'll push out an update with 3G support if and when it is completed.

As soon as we fix this up and test a bit more we'll be ready for release, we'll get back to you with a release schedule soon.

Please loosen that seatbelt slightly while our cabin crew serve you complimentary drinks.
- pwnage at 9 this morning

so what that means is! All those who copped the 3g will NOT be able to use another carrier. Glad i stuck with my OG!!

It's possible...there just isn't a simple unlock right now. The only way it's been done so far is with a sim adapter. Developers are working on a regular software unlock. Only thing is...people are going to be paying an arm and a leg for them...I mean copping w/o the contract any way like 6-700 dollars...so on craigslist/ebay people are going to be charging G's for Unlocked 3G iphones.

word. ima invest in one

-Question-

If I were to get an iPhone and since it has Wifi capabilities, does this mean that I do NOT need att data plan?

Originally Posted by lamchopz

just wanted everyone's opinions, i copped a 16gb just about 3 months ago, towards the end of April for full retail price, $500 plus tax which came out to like $540 or so, I have the opportunity right now, to unlock my phone, sell it to someone for the price it would cost for me to get a new 3g 16gb, does that make any sense? sure the internet speed is faster on the newer 3g, but why the hell are all the jailbroken 1st gen iphones going for so much on ebay, the biggest problem of all is that if i even do sell mine, its impossible to cop a 3g 16gb anywhere close to NYC, backorder at the AT&T stores are 14-21 business days right now ...........
frown.gif

i got mine at the apple store in soho yesterday. camped for about 2 hours. the soho and 5th ave store have tons of stock and are restocking almost daily.it definitely isnt impossible to get one around nyc its a matter of whether or not you want to wait in the sweltering heat

Originally Posted by ELTiZZLE

Originally Posted by lamchopz

just wanted everyone's opinions, i copped a 16gb just about 3 months ago, towards the end of April for full retail price, $500 plus tax which came out to like $540 or so, I have the opportunity right now, to unlock my phone, sell it to someone for the price it would cost for me to get a new 3g 16gb, does that make any sense? sure the internet speed is faster on the newer 3g, but why the hell are all the jailbroken 1st gen iphones going for so much on ebay, the biggest problem of all is that if i even do sell mine, its impossible to cop a 3g 16gb anywhere close to NYC, backorder at the AT&T stores are 14-21 business days right now ...........
frown.gif

i got mine at the apple store in soho yesterday. camped for about 2 hours. the soho and 5th ave store have tons of stock and are restocking almost daily. it definitely isnt impossible to get one around nyc its a matter of whether or not you want to wait in the sweltering heat

thanks for the info man, I think I'm going to try my luck at the 5th ave store

While you're paying $1500 for an unlocked iPhone why not just go ahead and get it with ATT? Its kinda cheaper too...smh these dudes need some Sprite asap!!

pandora is the best app by far.

does anyone know if the 3g fits in the LRG case for the first gen iphones?

Originally Posted by iHust1e

-Question-

If I were to get an iPhone and since it has Wifi capabilities, does this mean that I do NOT need att data plan?

The AT&T data plan allows you to access the internet faster though the 3G wireless cellphone network technology. Wi-Fi only allows you to access theinternet through a wireless internet router (just like how you would access the wireless internet though your laptop). Hope that helps, if you want to knowmore about it just go on to wikipedia and search for 3G.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Cause it ain't official

laugh.gif
Why is it not official?

Because you aren't locked down by a contract with a carrier that you don't have? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's the same damn phone at the end of the day

How old are you?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i need help configuring my phone to work with the 5.99 tzone plan. can anyone help me out with this?

If I want to unlock my old phone for my friend, on TMobile, do I need to do it with his SIM card in the phone or can I use my old one then put his in later?

Originally Posted by iEternalv

pandora is the best app by far.

does anyone know if the 3g fits in the LRG case for the first gen iphones?

Yes it does fit. I have the LRG case myself. I don't know about Pandora, I didn't like the fact that you couldn't skip more than 6 songs inan hour. I love AOL radio though
pimp.gif

No the data plan is required for the iPhone 3G

I dont think they are unlocking them yet, the ones that are out are unlocked because thats the way they are sold. In some countries they cant sell locked phones. I think Italy, and Mexico are some.
False...developers HAVE unlocked and jailbroken the 3G and the software will be released soon.

You sure? I thought ATT and Apple was gonna make it near impossible to unlock. I guess developers are up on their stuff.

WiFi is horribly overrated, other than your house and starbucks it's really never available. Yall dudes who don't want a data plan probably using yourPS3 and going online using your neighbors wireless internet. One of the main selling points on the iphone is the internet, if you want to solely use wifi yourbest bet is to get a Touch.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

WiFi is horribly overrated, other than your house and starbucks it's really never available. Yall dudes who don't want a data plan probably using your PS3 and going online using your neighbors wireless internet. One of the main selling points on the iphone is the internet, if you want to solely use wifi your best bet is to get a Touch.

+1. I've read some forums where cats will say they're around WIFI all day long and don't need a data plan and I think that's a bit of astretch. Most places locked their network so you can't access it without a password, I know I do this for my wireless network at home.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

If I want to unlock my old phone for my friend, on TMobile, do I need to do it with his SIM card in the phone or can I use my old one then put his in later?

You dont need his simcard to unlock but the thing is you wont be able to test to make sure it works with tmobile.

Word, here in DC when I first got my Touch I was PRESSED. I remember thinking well im in the city so WiFi has to be readily available. WRONG! Everything waseither locked, you had to pay, or the signal was weak. Other than movies, shows, games, etc the touch is a waste of money. Get a regular iPod seriously. Evenif ATT didn't require the data plan those with sense woulda got one anyway.

so garageband works for ringtones? 1st gen iphone here...i found a tutorial with all these complicated steps and im like
indifferent.gif
ill just keep it on old phone /vibrate anyways
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by soulize dp

so garageband works for ringtones? 1st gen iphone here...i found a tutorial with all these complicated steps and im like
indifferent.gif
ill just keep it on old phone / vibrate anyways
indifferent.gif

Check out either iToner or iRinger I believe those are the names of the programs that can handle the transferring for you and does not require jailbreakingyour phone either. iToner is for the MAC while the iRinger is for the PC. I tried iToner last nite and it was pretty much to the point, but I decided thatringtones just don't do it for me anymore and I'm running with the stock joints on the iPhone.

laugh.gif
DA R Ent so how long till u cop the bold?
laugh.gif
switchin phones every 2 mnths mofo
laugh.gif
ayooo....the box office app is nice. And the twitter. 703 you canya 3g yet?

Originally Posted by iwhohavenothing

laugh.gif
DA R Ent so how long till u cop the bold?
laugh.gif
switchin phones every 2 mnths mofo
laugh.gif
ayooo....the box office app is nice. And the twitter. 703 you can ya 3g yet?

Naw man, I don't think its even shipped out yet, I heard yall got some in NYC (you in NYC right?) I should take the $25 bus up there for the weekend
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom