iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

smh.gif
I thought updates were supposed to be beneficial and helpful? Now I'm back to this crap.
frown.gif

I couldn't find anything about the crash. Did you get everything straight with your phone¿

No I've tried to install a couple of things but to no avail.
tired.gif

AT&T have the refurbs on sale again today. $250 for 8GB and $350 for 16GB. I copped a 8GB with free 2 day shipping. Hopefully I will have it by Friday.

Originally Posted by Third Coming

Originally Posted by Mthreee

EXACT STEPS

1. Select the song in iTunes that I want to use as a ringtone. Protected AAC files will not work.
2. Right-click on the song and select Get Info
3. Go to the Options page and select the start and end times for the ringtone
4. Right-click on the song again and select Convert Selection to AAC
5. Right-click on the converted song and select Show in Finder
6. Drag the .m4a file from the Finder window to your desktop
7. Go back to iTunes and delete the converted song from iTunes. When I skipped this step, double clicking on the .m4r file to import the ringtone into iTunes did not work properly.
8. Right-click on the song file on your desktop, select Get Info and change the file extension from .m4a to m4r. You should get a warning message about changing the extension.
9. Open a Finder window and locate the Ringtones folder underneath your iTunes folder. The path should be /Users//Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Ringtones. If this folder does not exist, create it.
10. Drag the renamed song file from your desktop to the Ringtones folder in Finder.
11. Double-click on the .m4r file now stored inside the Ringtones folder. iTunes should change to the Ringtones folder under Library near the top and start playing the ringtone
12. Plug-in your iPhone to begin the sync process. This should copy the ringtone over to your iPhone. You can verify this after the sync is complete by expanding the iPhone contents inside iTunes and then, selecting the Ringtones folder.

I followed all this. I see the song in ringtones in itunes. I've tried to sync it and apparently it did. However, going into sounds on the iphone, I don't see the song. Shed some light?

your song is too long. keep it at max 30-35 seconds. you should be straight.

so i heard apple is releasing 3G iphone soon are they gonna desert early adapters?
(my sis's boyfriend was 5th in line at the apple store launch in NYC last june and i got one with em)

I really want to get an iphone but should I just wait for the new one? Is it releasing in June?

i jus got an iphone today and was wondering can u change the weather section so when u click it shows ur city instead of Cali & NY! thanks

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

i jus got an iphone today and was wondering can u change the weather section so when u click it shows ur city instead of Cali & NY! thanks

Yes. Click the lower-cased I on the lower right hand side of the screen and you can add different cities. I have four different ones for my good friendsand family.

Originally Posted by kavinsky

I really want to get an iphone but should I just wait for the new one? Is it releasing in June?

Just wait, 3G and some of new perks that are rumored are worth it! And my guess of them releasing the new one would be june/july.

Well I said %@*% it and went ahead and orders a LRG/Monster case from Karmaloop. $39 shipped and it was here in 2 days, lovin it so far. I really like the factthat I can have it either sideways or vertical on my belt. What are you all using for headphones though? I sorta wanna upgrade but I love the fact that I cantalk on the phone and skip tracks when listening to music with the stock ones. According to others on here the quality is crappy but to me they're not bad.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Well I said %@*% it and went ahead and orders a LRG/Monster case from Karmaloop. $39 shipped and it was here in 2 days, lovin it so far. I really like the fact that I can have it either sideways or vertical on my belt. What are you all using for headphones though? I sorta wanna upgrade but I love the fact that I can talk on the phone and skip tracks when listening to music with the stock ones. According to others on here the quality is crappy but to me they're not bad.

I have the stock ones, but I may have used them once. I can skip the music tracks with them¿ How do I do that¿
embarassed.gif

thanks NCTwin

Glad I could help.

Would you mind taking some pics of the case as well¿ I'm still on the fence on whether I want one or not.

Originally Posted by NCTwin

I have the stock ones, but I may have used them once. I can skip the music tracks with them¿ How do I do that¿
embarassed.gif

The right headphone has a mic, double click it to skip to the next song.

Thanks a lot. Crazy I can mod the damn thing but I didn't even have the basics down...
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

is it me or does youtube jus dont show up good on the iphone?

seems like all the videos i upload u can hardly see! i was looking @ the kobe highlights and its not clear at all!

any help?

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

is it me or does youtube jus dont show up good on the iphone?

seems like all the videos i upload u can hardly see! i was looking @ the kobe highlights and its not clear at all!

any help?

Thats because your viewing videos in lo-def mode (none-wifi). Connect to wifi and you'll notice an immidiate difference.

For those of you who want custom Ringtones, go to Installer and download PhoneZap.Alternatly you could download iRinger for your PC, it allows more customization optionsfor making ringtones and its also just as easy. Simply create and sync. For those of you having problem with the newest version of Installer,there should be a patch soon - my updated Installer runs fine.

Does our Internet history show on the monthly bill? You know the websites that we go to on our iPhone. If not someone pm me with some unappropriate sites.
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom