iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I need a good case for the iPhone... 1st gen, preferably one of the hard plastic types... I've got a rubber one and it's not holding up well... Losing its shape and stretching out.

get an incase slider.

Available in stores? Only online?

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

I need a good case for the iPhone... 1st gen, preferably one of the hard plastic types... I've got a rubber one and it's not holding up well... Losing its shape and stretching out.

get an incase slider.

Available in stores? Only online?
I've got this one
iphone-slider-case.jpg

you can get them at the apple store.

how does ATT internet compare with Tzones internet? (for OG) anyone?

so I was checking out my pictures and it turns out I took a picture of the page I was looking at while I was on safari kinda like how you guys with the printscreen button on the pc. Anyone know how to do this exactly. I just came across this by accident.

SuperSaiyan415 wrote:
so I was checking out my pictures and it turns out I took a picture of the page I was looking at while I was on safari kinda like how you guys with the print screen button on the pc. Anyone know how to do this exactly. I just came across this by accident.

I'm pretty sure you press and hold the home button then the sleep button.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

so I was checking out my pictures and it turns out I took a picture of the page I was looking at while I was on safari kinda like how you guys with the print screen button on the pc. Anyone know how to do this exactly. I just came across this by accident.

Hold down the power off button and press the home button and u can take a pic of ur screen

Alright. I need lots of help. I just jailbroke my 2.0 iPhone.

1. How do I set my own wallpaper? Winterboard or Customize isn't allowing me.

2. If I were to go back to 1.1.4 is there a alternative to Pandora and iTunes remote?

so from what I've read, people who own the incase slider really like that case, and from the pics of it, it seems like a nice case, but one problem, theydon't make one for the 3g, i've had my 3g for about 2 weeks already and still shopping for a case, anyone else have any suggestions cuz the ones theyhave at the apple store suck

oh btw, just a heads, for the nyc peeps, the 5th ave location are now giving out vochers during the day if you still wanna buy an iphone
the way it works, you go there, get a voucher, they tell you a time to come back just say at 9pm or so, you come back, and the wait should be only about anhour or so when you do come back, my boy did this yesterday and said the experience was very relaxing, i never knew the 5th ave location is open 24 hrs, !%%!!!!!

i heard there is a way to highlight and erase text entered instead of backspacing it all....is this ture? and if so how?

Originally Posted by jupeezy

i heard there is a way to highlight and erase text entered instead of backspacing it all....is this ture? and if so how?

You can't highlight words but you can select where you want to start deleting. Hold down close to the area where you want to start deleting, then amagnifying thing will come up. You can move left to right and start deleting where you want instead of deleting the whole word.

I dunno about that, but you can click on the x on the right side of like the search/html and it will delete the whole thing. Not sure about texting.

2 complaints, 1 of them is minor

1st pretty big complaint)
GPS doesn't tell you when to turn (like a voice that says turn left/right out loud), like the BBs
tired.gif

2nd complaint, minor)
You can't forward any texts
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

I dunno about that, but you can click on the x on the right side of like the search/html and it will delete the whole thing. Not sure about texting.

2 complaints, 1 of them is minor

1st pretty big complaint)
GPS doesn't tell you when to turn (like a voice that says turn left/right out loud), like the BBs
tired.gif

2nd complaint, minor)
You can't forward any texts
ohwell.gif

Not being able to forward texts was part of the reason I had to bounce back to the BB for good
tired.gif
It seems like Apple has their own personal agenda as to what's importantto them for a cell phone as oppose to the consumer.

not being able to forward texts sucks, but my biggest complaint is the fact that for every phone call, it doesn't tell you how long you were on each callfor, whats up with that ?

how do I erase photos that I put on my phone from computer? I'm trying to erase them manually but I don't see any delete button. Also when I hook it upto iTunes it doesnt have a option that says erase, it just says sync. How do you erase them?

Originally Posted by drekin06

how do I erase photos that I put on my phone from computer? I'm trying to erase them manually but I don't see any delete button. Also when I hook it up to iTunes it doesnt have a option that says erase, it just says sync. How do you erase them?

Tap the button of the screen on your iPhone and you should see a Trash Can on the far right hand side of your screen and you can delete the pic by tappingon the Trash Can.

Ahhhh.. Update 2.0.1 KILLED my Facebook App
laugh.gif
mad.gif
ohwell.gif

Anyone else have the same problem? It just loads the facebook app for like 4 seconds and then goes back to the dashboard or w/e you call the icon screen.

Yo, anyone have the Palringo app? Pretty dope. I created a NikeTalk Group and if you sign up and search for NikeTalk on the group section, i think we can allchat. Try it out. http://www.palringo.com/
[h1]Palringo iPhone features[/h1]
Palringo enables vocal instant messaging, picture messaging and text-based messaging over the iPhone's 3G data connection, unlimited use of which is bundled with all standard iPhone contracts.

iPhone-1.png

iPhone-3.png
[h2]Connect to other Services[/h2]
Palringo works by integrating with several existing, popular messaging services including Apple's own iChat for Mac OS X. The other seven are AOL's AIM, Google Talk, Yahoo! Messenger, Gadu Gadu, ICQ, Jabber and Windows Live Messenger
iPhone-2.png
[h2]Multi platform[/h2]
Palringo presents an iPhone user's IM contacts in a single, combined, presence-aware list, whichever IM service their contacts are using. This eliminates any need to switch between different IM applications in order to send a message to different contacts. Sending a voice, picture or text-based message are single-click operations.

iPhone-4.png
[h2]Rich Multimedia Communication[/h2]
That's just the start though! See anything interesting? Just snap a photo and send it to your friends instantly. Don't like typing on mobile phone keypads? With Palringo, you can just talk naturally in the form of short voice clips - think of it like a Walkie-Talkie on steroids.
p-bubbles.png

iPhone-5.png
[h2]Participate in Communities[/h2]
There's even more too it! With Palringo, you can create and join groups - and exchange text, voice, or photo messages with large communities, regardless of where you happen to be. It's a great way to stay connected while on the go.

app-icon.png
[h2]Welcome to Palringo![/h2]
Palringo for the iPhone is free, and is easy to download and install from Apple's new App Store. There are no hidden costs, catches or other charges.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=286274367&mt=8 http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=286274367&mt=8

New software would let iPhones access iTunes libraries from anywhere

By Katie Marsal
Published: 09:00 AM EST
A new version of Apple's iPhone Software could provide iPhone and iPod touch users with access to their home computer's entire iTunes media library while on the go without having to first download those media items through a traditional sync, a new company filing has revealed.
[table][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]The Cupertino-based electronics maker notes that downloading media items from a computer to a media player is often a time consuming process, and one that is limited by the player's storage capacity. Therefore, users who are out and about sometimes find themselves without access to some of their content, which sits inaccessible on their home Mac or PC.

New versions iTunes and the iPhone Software could theoretically eliminate this problem by syncing only the metadata -- or tiny files containing the barebones attributes of each media item or playlist but not the content itself -- from a user's iTunes library to their portable devices.

Using this metadata, iPhones and iPods would contain "virtual media items" representing every playlist, video, photo, and mobile game stored on their computer, even if the sum of those files would ordinarily be too large to fit onto the devices' hard disk drive or flash drive. This is possible because metadata capable of representing a media item consumes only faction -- typically less than 1 percent -- of the space required to store the media item itself.

"As a result, the user perceives that the virtual media items may be available on the [the media player]," Apple said. "In this manner, the virtual capacity of an electronic device may be increased."

Users would select virtual media items for display or playback on their handhelds just as they would today under the assumption that the entire contents of the file sit on the device for immediate playback. But instead of accessing the files from the device's built-in storage, the iPhone or iPod would use a wired, Wi-Fi, or cellular connection to remotely access and retrieve the media items from a user's home Mac or PC.

"For instance, a personal computer can be turned on and connected to the Internet to enable a portable device to access the media items stored on the personal computer," Apple said, adding that the files could then delete themselves from the portable device once the user is done listening to or viewing them.

patent-080807-1.gif

Through similar techniques, users could also manage their iTunes libraries remotely, reorganizing, deleting, or adding files while on the go. During all of these processes, the condition of the handheld's connection to a host source would be under constant surveillance to detect problems or a fading signal, at which time data transfer could be safely paused or stopped.

Alternatively, iPods and iPhones could communicate with one another in a manner similar to that employed by Microsoft's Zune media players.

"This type of communication can be referred to as peer-to-peer interaction. In this regard, one mobile device can communicate directly with another mobile device" or " to a plurality of other mobile devices," Apple said. "In the peer-to-peer environment, one mobile device can communicate with one or more other electronic devices (whether mobile or stationary) in the immediate vicinity. Data sharing can be performed when such communication is available."

The 24-page filing with the United States Patent and Trademark Office is credited to Apple employees David Heller and Thomas Mavrakakis.

This could revolutionize the iPhone.

I just got mine today. (OG one)

What you guys use for aim ?

Recommended covers ?

How do I jailbreak my phone ?

What programs to get ?

Yes i need to be schooled.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

I just got mine today. (OG one)

What you guys use for aim ?

Recommended covers ?