iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by kevL7

man i only managed to get 184. i dont know if it's my phone but it doesnt seem like they regenerate quick enough.
yea man, u gotta get lucky sometimes w/ the 5x's, but it regenerates slow on mine as well ive noticed,

Just got the Iphone (3G) and iPod Touch (both still in the box) and don't know what to do for a "beginner" setup.

So what or what should I do, there's too many stuff out there but where to start...

Should I jailbreak it or leave as is......WHAT!?!?

What recommendations is necessary??

Check out Slickdeals.net for the U200 code that gives you free 200mins a month, I added it about a month ago. Might be hard to get now but well worth a try.Any NTers already got it?

Nevermind guys, i'm hearing the code is dead. If something comes around again i'll let you all know.

Quick question. Is there anyway to stop the iPhone from auto-correcting certain words while composing SMS texts? It auto-corrects cuss words and other words itdoesn't know even after I press the "x".

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

on beejive could u close it and put on sleep and still be on? also is there like a vibrant thing when u get im's
Apple does not allow for programs to run in the background. They're working on a Push Notification service, but as of now once you close itit's closed as far as the program goes.

Damn my tmobile contract is going be up soon and my curve is acting crazy. Where can I find more info about the iphone jailbreaking? Cause right now it'seither leave tmobile get the iphone on att or leave tmobile get the bold on att or stay with tmobile and talk them into giving me a new curve for free . Alsois it true if you lose your iphone that you have to buy anonther one full price no insurance availablity or anything

word, whats the status of the insurance with AT&T, my sister in law just said told me AT&T is now offering insurance on all smart phones includingiphones. can anyone confirm??

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

word, whats the status of the insurance with AT&T, my sister in law just said told me AT&T is now offering insurance on all smart phones including iphones. can anyone confirm??

I too would like to know.

[h2]OpenClip says iPhone firmware 2.1 breaksit[/h2]
by Chris Ziegler, posted Sep 1st 2008 at 2:42PM

openclip-video.jpg

Anyone getting used to the cross-app clipboard framework for the iPhone wrought by OpenClip, heads up: your party might be drawing to anend. The organization says that apps no longer have access to the common storage areas of other apps in the latest beta of firmware 2.1, which basically putsthe kibosh on the very reason OpenClip is able to do what it does. They're throwing around a couple ideas -- one of which would involve creating afunky-looking contact in your address book to marshal data between apps, while another would see data get pushed to a server, a move that Apple wouldeffectively be unable to stop. Then again, with rumors still fresh that real copy / paste iscoming in 2.1, maybe these guys want to hold off for just a bit to see what happens.

Originally Posted by jordan231025

Quick question. Is there anyway to stop the iPhone from auto-correcting certain words while composing SMS texts? It auto-corrects cuss words and other words it doesn't know even after I press the "x".
Googlesearch

Regarding the topic of insurance, a Google search only returned a rumor that the iPhone would be covered, but that rumor was shot down. Turns out at&t isextending insurance to PDA phones (w/ an increased deductible), but the iPhone is still excluded. Of course, this was supposed to have taken effect some timein the past couple of months so, your best bet is to check out at&t's website or give them a call.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

on beejive could u close it and put on sleep and still be on? also is there like a vibrant thing when u get im's
Apple does not allow for programs to run in the background. They're working on a Push Notification service, but as of now once you close it it's closed as far as the program goes.

I've been using beejive for a year now on my iphone and it always keeps me signed on even when I'm on stand by or silent. I checked too on my other snson the computer to see if the iPhone still kept me signed on. Does not notify you though but refreshes once you load up the webpage to see if you got a new aimor not.

just got my iphone over the weekend
i have my email setup to fetch new mail hourly. but it only does it occassionally. even when i try to get my email manually it doesn't always update.anyone else have this problem or know what i can do to fix it?

aight so im in the military and just recieved orders to italy. now there are two iphone providers over there. Vodafone andTIM. both want 500 euro =725usd but what i need to know is can my at&t 3g iphone be used with these companies? i ask because i can buy them cheaper overhere for me and my wife and then get my contract canceled for free since i have orders. anyone??? please help

Have you checked in any iPhone forums?

My guess is that you won't be able to use it until it can be unlocked, just like those people that want to use it with T-Mobile here in the states.

even when i try to get my email manually it doesn't always update

Have you tried deleting the account and setting it up again? What e-mail service are you using? Have you searched online to see if other people are having thesame issue?

Is there anyway to delete the default Apps that come with the phone ? (iTunes, YouTube, etc..)

With Apple's announcement that thecompany will be holding a special media event on September 9th, we're reminded that Kevin Rose was the first source of the September 9th date.

Rose originally reported that we would see new iPodnanos and small cosmetic changes to the iPod Touch in September, but also revealed that iTunes 8 would arrive as a "big update" with new features.Later when he revealed the September 9th date, he described a new musicrecommendation feature within iTunes 8, but gave few details. An anonymous tip has since suggested that this "genius playlist" feature would be ableto generate a playlist based on the qualities of a selected song, giving a Pandora-like experience with your own musiclibrary. This, however, remains unconfirmed and is published for interest only.

Finally, Rose said yesterday thatiTunes 8.0 have new "trippy" visualizations with one described as "planet like objects wrapping around each other with stars/lightstreams".

Apple's media event takes place at 10am Pacific time on September 9th, and according to Cult of Mac, Apple has uncharacteristically told at least one journalist that the event is "a big deal and [he] should try to bethere".

Update: A new blog post claims this is"what's new" in iTunes 8:

iTunes 8 includes Genius, which makes playlists from songs in your library that go great together. Genius also includes Geniussidebar, which recommends music from the iTunes Store that you don't already have.

With iTunes 8, browse your artists and albums visually with the new Grid view; download your favorite TV shows in HD quality from the iTunes Store; sync yourmedia with iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic (2nd generation), and iPod touch (2nd generation); and enjoy a stunning new music visualizer.

So my iPhone is stuck at the initial loading window.. and every so often it vibrates twice... do I need to "reformat" this thing and start over
frown.gif

^ yes you need to restore. Probably in the process of you trying to delete your youtube, mail and itunes etc you mess up the procedure to start up yourspringboard. Its not safe to delete the stock apps that come with the iphone, i jailbroke and unlock my 2g and i use this program off cydia called categoriesand i just move them into one folder, so its not cram everywhere.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Have you checked in any iPhone forums?

My guess is that you won't be able to use it until it can be unlocked, just like those people that want to use it with T-Mobile here in the states.

even when i try to get my email manually it doesn't always update

Have you tried deleting the account and setting it up again? What e-mail service are you using? Have you searched online to see if other people are having the same issue?
i fixed it. it was an issue with the way my gmail account was set up. thanks

Alright so I restored my phone now.... but now when I connect it to iTunes it asks me to restore my phone ...
frown.gif
I dont want to restore it again I just got itback the way I like it. Is there any fix to this ? Edit: Everytime I click 'Continue' it says "Restoring in progress" but then it keeps allmy same settings and asks to restore last backup.. any sugestions?

Back
Top Bottom