Iron Man 3 (Movie Thread)-05/03/13 - New Trailer pg12 - Suits on Suits on Suits

I'm just gonna go off on a limb and guess that that suit is probably a prototype of his army and obviously something went wrong when Stark programmed it.

That trailer...
eek.gif
 I'm in there at MIDNIGHT

By the looks of the rings, it looks like they might not incorporate magic tot he film as the the director and producer stated but I am not sure why since this is a follow-up to the Avengers which dealth with magic and aliens already so Mandarin having magic isn't so far fetch in the IM world anymore.
2nkuouf.jpg

The trailer was CRAZY!!

Lookin forward to this..hopefully it turns out better than Iron Man 2

How is this gonna factor in extremis though? Mandarin is the villain yes. But in extremis Mallen was the villian wasn't he?

Plus The point of extremis was him not only recreating the armor but himself in order to beat dude. Then again I guess they may be using that part. :lol:

How is this gonna factor in extremis though? Mandarin is the villain yes. But in extremis Mallen was the villian wasn't he?
Plus The point of extremis was him not only recreating the armor but himself in order to beat dude. Then again I guess they may be using that part. :lol:

Based on the synopsis, it sounds like he gets really hurt/injured and have to "find" himself in which he gets the Extremis? Mandarin might be the mastermind in all of it? Really not sure where it is all headed at this point.

Marvel Studios’ Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

By the looks of the rings, it looks like they might not incorporate magic tot he film as the the director and producer stated but I am not sure why since this is a follow-up to the Avengers which dealth with magic and aliens already so Mandarin having magic isn't so far fetch in the IM world anymore.
2nkuouf.jpg

Christopher Nolan syndrome.

Christopher Nolan syndrome.

I wouldn't call it that exactly, it's not about making it "realistic" like Nolan did or else they would have had to explain all the complexities of his element poisoning and how everything works. I think they always wanted to make it a mech vs. mech type of films and mech vs. magic just isn't something they felt really comfortable dealing with in the series.

I was very very surprised by the first one, didn't see the vision they had, didn't expect what was to come, but loved it.

The second one wasn't quite as good, but I still liked it very much, was never understanding why so many disliked it.

But this trailer looks better than either of the first two movie's trailers. I am super hyped right now for this one.

Everything is leading up to Avengers 2, IM 3, Thor 2, Cap 2, Avengers 2, I wonder if we will see an IM4 afterwards, or if this is a complete trilogy, with extra work in the Avenger series for RDJ and what not. I hope we get a 4th film, but maybe that's a bit too far ahead right now. (2016 and what not)

I saw the trailer yesterday and it looked awesome. Didn't know it was releasing in the summer :smokin.

The second one wasn't quite as good, but I still liked it very much, was never understanding why so many disliked it.

Part of it is living up to the greatness of the first one but for the most part, the film was just terrible. Vanko was not developed (Marvel didn't want Rourke or Favreau to bother with it), final battle was lackluster and they really could have executed the discovering a new element much better. And that is just a few of the problems of the film. Marvel pretty much made it for the merchandise and to set-up SHIELD for the Avengers film.

Does anyone care that Mandarin, who is supposed to be Chinese, is being played by this guy?

"Ladies. Children. Sheep. Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. Lesson Number One: Heroes...there is no such thing."

I have a feeling Mandarin is going to drop Bane-like quotes. :smokin

Last edited:
Does anyone care that Mandarin, who is supposed to be Chinese, is being played by this guy?
I think it's been discussed before in this thread or another thread. The guy played Gandhi. We should know by now in acting that they don't care about matching people to roles by race or ethnicity.

"Ladies. Children. Sheep. Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. Lesson Number One: Heroes...there is no such thing."

When he said that, it reminded me of Bane :smokin

It does kind of suck and while I am not all for it, at least we'll get some grade A acting from Kingsley. And technically, he is part Indian and that can be considered Asian?

Doesn't Thanos have rings too, Maybe a bridge into another Avengers film? Or am I reaching? I just want to know what film Thanos is in..... 

Different set of rings.

And Thanos will supposedly be in Guardians of the Galaxy film, to what extent he'll be in the film is not confirmed at this point.

Part of it is living up to the greatness of the first one but for the most part, the film was just terrible. Vanko was not developed (Marvel didn't want Rourke or Favreau to bother with it), final battle was lackluster and they really could have executed the discovering a new element much better. And that is just a few of the problems of the film. Marvel pretty much made it for the merchandise and to set-up SHIELD for the Avengers film.

I guess that makes some sense, I don't know the mythology of the comics, so I guess in a sense I go into each movie blind, just going off the films themselves. So to me, I wouldn't know there was more to Vanko, or the creation of a new element, etc. I suppose that explains why the movie as a whole didn't bother me, but many others were angered by it.

I certainly understood the Shield tie ins and the merchandising aspect, that was clear as day no doubt.

I have a feeling Mandarin is going to drop Bane-like quotes.
smokin.gif
as long as the guy isn't black like that dude in Thor. People will have no problems with this.

Back
Top Bottom