Irony, defined [PIC]

Well for those who don't know George Orwell wrote a book called 1984 about a government that uses mind control and constant surveillance to control the people.

And its not irony? They're honoring Orwell yet doing the very thing he despised. Not saying I'm right but it seems ironic to me. "Big Brother is Watching You"

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Very nice. For some reason, this thread reminds me of...

dignity.jpg

roll.gif

roll.gif
 that was a funny episode

Originally Posted by kiuyt856

Well for those who don't know George Orwell wrote a book called 1984 about a government that uses mind control and constant surveillance to control the people.

And its not irony? They're honoring Orwell yet doing the very thing he despised. Not saying I'm right but it seems ironic to me. "Big Brother is Watching You"

it's about how government uses media < media uses advertising < advertising = tv/publications to keep people in a state of sedation.  most people consume culture but it never occurs to them to create it.  ex:  people on this message board collect sneakers, but how many actually design or customize them?

same idea as the matrix films.

Originally Posted by VINTAGE SOLE 737

Originally Posted by kiuyt856

it's about how government uses media < media uses advertising < advertising = tv/publications to keep people in a state of sedation.  most people consume culture but it never occurs to them to create it.  ex:  people on this message board collect sneakers, but how many actually design or customize them?

same idea as the matrix films.
= Mind Control
Is that what you believe is the overall theme of the book? Because I don't think that's the main point at all.

people of average intelligence trying to come off as intelligent with clever "i know this and you dont" nonsense. not really irony, but it pertains to this thread. 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

people of average intelligence trying to come off as intelligent with clever "i know this and you dont" nonsense. not really irony, but it pertains to this thread. 
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
 Could be sarcasm.  The government reads books too.

Originally Posted by proper english

tongue.gif

Irony: The discrepancy with what appears to be true and what is true.
This is merely a coincidence.

laugh.gif
@ being "pop culturally challenged".
Some of you all act as if EVERYONE was supposed to just GET IT and it's obvious that that wasn't the case here.So now instead of just SIMPLY enlightening people,you make elitist and asinine comments to put them down because they failed to see the irony in what was posted.That's pretty pathetic to me.I have a question....................... since when did "pop culture" become an accurate measure of someone's intelligence?

Back
Top Bottom