Is Carmelo Anthony Still Top 10? *Seriously??* 4/8/12

Well if playoff placement is gonna drive your argument, wouldn't that displace some of the people they're putting in top 10 over Melo in this thread and automatically place him as top 10? or does this thread no longer have a point and should be closed?

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I said 2nd round because goldenchild said he took his team to the 2nd round constantly. He's only taking his team to the 2nd round once. Yes, he made the WCF that time. But I'm talking about the 2nd round point that goldenchild made.
I'll make it easy for you guys. Real easy. Disprove the following statement: Carmelo Anthony has been past the first round only one time in his career.
When did I say he hasn't been on a team that made the WCF? Point that out to me as well.
Lol. Almost a nice save... You know what you meant.

Either way Melo is a still a top 10 player in the league.

I didn't make a mistake.I was talking about the 2nd round myth that was said. Look at the post you responded to. I never brought up the WCF. I specifically brought up the 2nd round.
Yes, he's made it the WCF once but that doesn't completely show how inept his playoff career has been, which is exactly what I'm trying to point out. He's also only been to the 2nd round once which means he's also only been out the 1st round once.

Thought so. You can't counter one thing I have said in this thread so you resort to trying to call me out on semantics. That's embarrassing.

2qibjhy.jpg

Melo definitely isnt top 10. yeah he put up 43 today but how often does he come through in the clutch?

Thought so. You can't counter one thing I have said in this thread so you resort to trying to call me out on semantics. That's embarrassing.

You embarrassed yourself with that one. Tried to pull an explanation out your butt there. Nice try.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Well if playoff placement is gonna drive your argument, wouldn't that displace some of the people they're putting in top 10 over Melo in this thread and automatically place him as top 10? or does this thread no longer have a point and should be closed?
THIS.

This thread is useless at this point. Hell, it was useless on page 1. Where is Ska?

Can you counter my explanation? I'd really like to see it. Also, I would like to continue to discuss semantics and not the thrust of my posts. Maybe someone can get to that later. But semantics first. Go.

Originally Posted by sthebest

Melo definitely isnt top 10. yeah he put up 43 today but how often does he come through in the clutch?

You serious?
He has the most game winners in the NBA in the last 8 years.

Game Winners in the 2010-2011 season:

Dwyane Wade: 0-4 (0%)
Lebron James: 1-8 (12.5%)
Paul Pierce: 1-3 (33.3%)
Kobe Bryant: 1-3 (33.3%)
Carmelo Anthony: 4-6 (66.7%)
Dirk Nowitzki: 3-4 (75%)

Hold up, a small fraction of the game is actually a small fraction of the game? that's crazy, i thought it was the whole deal, not a small portion towards the end of the game that mattered. They did their thing on that stat.

Exactly! He's top 10 in only a small fraction of the game. So if we did a weighted average, he wouldn't be top 10. We are finally getting to the point.

He is clutch.
He can score with the best of them
He doesn't do anything else.

Not Top 10 but a great talent that will have days like today

Exactly! He's top 10 in only a small fraction of the game. So if we did a weighted average, he wouldn't be top 10. We are finally getting to the point.

You have got to be the first person ive ever saw on NT who manages to be a grade A troll in every forum.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Hold up, a small fraction of the game is actually a small fraction of the game? that's crazy, i thought it was the whole deal, not a small portion towards the end of the game that mattered. They did their thing on that stat.

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

Originally Posted by tyisny

You have got to be the first person ive ever saw on NT who manages to be a grade A troll in every forum.
Can you point out the other instances? I only post in 3 forums so show me where I have trolled in Music and General. I'm actually pretty interested in what you find. And I of course disagree that I troll in this forum. I think those who post statements like "Carmelo Anthony constantly got his team to the 2nd round" are the trolls. But that's just me. 

Originally Posted by MonStar1

He is clutch.
He can score with the best of them
He doesn't do anything else.

Not Top 10 but a great talent that will have days like today
laugh.gif

If you said that a month and change ago, i'd have nothing to say. And he was also doin his thing today outside of scoring...

Carry on...

Back
Top Bottom