Is Carmelo Anthony Still Top 10? *Seriously??* 4/8/12

Like i said as soon as people doubt this man he comes to life. but at the same time we are gonna see some big games from all the stars because its the last couple games and the guys with MVP consideration will be making there push and also others just to make some statement games...

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

Reading some of the posts from earlier in this thread is comical....

*waits for new batch of advanced stats that prove DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall are better than Melo*

He does this yr after the yr... as the season dwindles down he takes on another form and he's damn near unguardable.

When the lights are on... #7 Performs. Case Closed.

Lol. I like how these posts pop up when a player has non impressive stretch of games. Watch how quickly it dies off though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Going into the playoffs, he is easily the guy you least want to face in a series right now.
why? u expect him to keep shooting 50% 
roll.gif
. Melo's playing awesome now, but he's in a great stretch, as will all great SCORERS. 
He needs to play HIS way, and his way is the only way. 

If his way is getting double teamed and swinging it to the open man, that's a very good thing

He's a wepon that needs to be utilized properly

Originally Posted by DubA169

If his way is getting double teamed and swinging it to the open man, that's a very good thing

He's a wepon that needs to be utilized properly

Exactly.
Haters are grasping at straws right now.

What player doesn't need to play "their way" to be most effective?

He is playing out of his damn mind right now. Nothing I said has changed because everything I said mentioned the past and I offered evidence unlike some in here. He is playing like a top 10 player these past ~4 or so weeks. He's never before produced this caliber of all-around numbers with this level of efficiency. Couldn't have come at a better time for Knicks' fans. Playoffs should be fun.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

things are gonna change when Amare comes back
mad.gif

30t6p3b.gif

looks like Amare is going to have to be the odd man out.  Is that even an option for the Knicks? i dont know too much about his contract or their cap situation

He's produced this caliber before while being efficient. Check 05-08

29 6 and 4 on 48% from the field in 06-07.

25.7ppg 7.4 rpg and 3.4apg on 49% in 07-08

What's funny to me is even Knicks fans were hating on Melo, now everything's all good like they never said anything bad about him smh

Originally Posted by RounDaWay

He's produced this caliber before while being efficient. Check 05-08

29 6 and 4 on 48% from the field in 06-07.

25.7ppg 7.4 rpg and 3.4apg on 49% in 07-08

Just basic stats for this month, he's averaging 32+, 8 and 4 on 52% fg and has a good defensive rating. He's shooting 40% on 3's. You might think 4% doesn't matter but that's almost 10% better than the best season you mentioned. This might be the best stretch of his career.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Going into the playoffs, he is easily the guy you least want to face in a series right now.

I feel like we say that every year though, especially the last one.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

What's funny to me is even Knicks fans were hating on Melo, now everything's all good like they never said anything bad about him smh
Clowns.

I'm also tired of the lames that say things will change when _______ comes back. It's been too much of a go to thing to say when it comes to this Knick team. The refusal to acknowledge circumstances in these situations when things actually do change is astounding.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

things are gonna change when Amare comes back
mad.gif

30t6p3b.gif

looks like Amare is going to have to be the odd man out.  Is that even an option for the Knicks? i dont know too much about his contract or their cap situation
Knicks will need him if they want to win, he can come off the bench (sad I know) since he has to get into game playing shape anyways. Having that weapon out there will make a world of a difference.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

He does this yr after the yr... as the season dwindles down he takes on another form and he's damn near unguardable.

When the lights are on... #7 Performs. Case Closed.

On BOTH ends of the floor.

Melo was considered top 3 in MVP ballots in 09-10 throughout the first couple months of the season before the injury and Karl's cancer. That's the season he lost like 20lbs, the dunk on milsap/gw in lebron's face.

He's had stretches where he's played amazing on both ends of the court. They are just in between and not consistent enough.

Now I see what Nuggets fans meant when they said him being motivated was an issue at times. To be fair though, he's played through a few injuries (groin, wrist).

This thread is just gonna go back and forth, though. It'll disappear again, then someone will bump it when he's not playing as well.

I was following until yall said BOTH ends of the floor
laugh.gif

But let's come back to earth it's still a first round exit for the Knicks.

Back
Top Bottom