Is Carmelo Anthony Still Top 10? *Seriously??* 4/8/12

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

the hypotheticals are getting very old

So are the negative attitudes towards the best player on a team u claim to be a fan of

I'll play: I would Love to see KG's record before he got traded to Boston to play with 2 hall of famers and won a title. What was that, like 1 first round exit in 7 years?

Fact is, to say that you've led a team to the playoffs in every single year you've been in the NBA has to stand for something.

How many times has CP3 got out the first round? That's right ONCE. You see this guy has made the playoffs only 4 times, so 1 out of 4 in 7 years doesn't seem so bad now does it?

Melo came at the wrong time. I don't think you guys understand how ridiculous the Western Conference was during this Era. You had to win 50 games just to get in, and if you did, you had to face teams that eventually went on to win the title, or to the WCF. Oh and Melo>Lebron in 03-04 btw. Still dumbfounded how he didnt get the rookie of the year, maybe that explains how he got so lazy lol.

I'll admit though, His performance in the playoffs outside of 09 has been sub par.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by melofan15

He is arguably the best scorer in the league
How can you be the best scorer in your league & you've never averaged 30 nor lead the league in scoring?

And he's a volume scorer. Which negates the whole "easiest scorers in the league" argument
laugh.gif
, stop listening to the ESPN geeks... Melo can score on anyone at anytime from anywhere on the court... there are only a handful of people who can do that today in this league... watching Melo since his rookie year, I know he's the top scorer in the league not named Kobe or Durant.. Watch melo go to work on Chicago a few weeks ago.... the top Defense in the league 
laugh.gif

give me 5 players not named Kobe or Durantula who can score as easy or get as hot as Melo..... go ahead ill wait

Originally Posted by devildog1776

How can you be the best scorer in your league & you've never averaged 30 nor lead the league in scoring?

And he's a volume scorer. Which negates the whole "easiest scorers in the league" argument
laugh.gif
, stop listening to the ESPN geeks... Melo can score on anyone at anytime from anywhere on the court... there are only a handful of people who can do that today in this league... watching Melo since his rookie year, I know he's the top scorer in the league not named Kobe or Durant.. Watch melo go to work on Chicago a few weeks ago.... the top Defense in the league 
laugh.gif

give me 5 players not named Kobe or Durantula who can score as easy or get as hot as Melo..... go ahead ill wait
Not Lebron.

I know he's the top scorer in the league not named Kobe or Durant
Bron has a higher career PPG & FG% in the regular season and playoffs, as does Wade.

Bron has a higher career PPG & FG% in the regular season and playoffs, as does Wade.

I would hope so, he's always league tops in FTA (Wade too). Melo is a jumpshooter, not a slasher like the former.

Originally Posted by 7thAve btn 31stN33rd St

I would hope so, he's always league tops in FTA (Wade too).
What does that have to do with Melo being an inferior scorer than them?

Eddy Curry has led the league in fg% before as has Nene, and Biedrins. Maybe we should put them atop everyone's list of top scorers in the league
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Eddy Curry has led the league in fg% before as has Nene, and Biedrins. Maybe we should put them atop everyone's list of top scorers in the league
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
not sure if serious. Comparing a C to a SF instead of comparing a SF to a SF.

you gotta look beyond he stats bro. higher fg% and ppg does not mean better scorer. Melo and bron are both sf's but one is a slasher and one is a jump shooter.
melo can literally score from anywhere on the floor. on the block, mid range, beyond the 3, and he's 80% from the line whereas wade and lebron tend to drive more and draw more fouls while their shooting, though improved throughout their careers, is a weaker part of their game.

melofan15 wrote:
you gotta look beyond he stats bro. higher fg% and ppg does not mean better scorer. Melo and bron are both sf's but one is a slasher and one is a jump shooter.
melo can literally score from anywhere on the floor. on the block, mid range, beyond the 3, and he's 80% from the line whereas wade and lebron tend to drive more and draw more fouls while their shooting, though improved throughout their careers, is a weaker part of their game.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Look at the "A" under the "At rim" category:

Virtually identical attempts at the rim for the past 6 years. But one's a slasher & one is a jump shooter, right?

He scores more points than Melo while scoring more efficiently than Melo. Bron is a superior scorer.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

being streaky doesn't make melo a better scorer. can he get hot? yeah. better scorers than melo?

lebron
wade
kobe
dirk
durant.

all are more efficient too.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

being streaky doesn't make melo a better scorer. can he get hot? yeah. better scorers than melo?

lebron
wade
kobe
dirk
durant.

all are more efficient too.

Was going to chime in but yeah /thread....

Recognizing the Limitations of Meloball

Alone on a podium late Thursday night, Carmelo Anthony wrapped himself in comfortable catchphrases and verbal deflections. The Miami Heat had not shut him down. He was simply “missing shots that I normally make.

I like how people are saying he's the top scorer in the league not named Kobe or Durant.  Then what you're saying is he's the third best scorer in the league.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Yall keep making excuses for Melo and Melo will use the same excuses for himself
Cuz Melo is lurking this thread right now
laugh.gif

He's having a hell of a year. He's doing the 2 things his critics including myself were waiting for: cut way down on the isos, and play with intensity on the defensive end. He's playing by far the best ball of his career now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom