Is Darko the worst NBA draft bust ever? In all of sports?

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Darko isn't better than this Fazenko cat who plays for the Jazz, and this dude isn't even good enough for me to feel like I should learn how to spell and pronounce his name properly.

kyrylo fesenko....i bought a box of topps chrome bball cards hoping for  1/1 card of a top rookie like k durant.....i ended up with kyrylo  ...........horrible

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

worst ever?

peep the sig and cry with me
i'm right there with you bro, except i like the lakers instead of the clippers 
laugh.gif
 i actually caught a few bullpens for matt bush last summer after his tommy john and he was chucking 94-95 only a few months after he was allowed to start throwing again. but that poor guy was slow, like mentally slow. he talked extremely slow like he had to think about everything he was going to say, it was pretty sad actually. then the guy had to get picked up by his sister because he didnt even have his own car
tired.gif

^ Sam Bowie was actually a very good player in college. Unfortunately injuries are part of the game.

I'm still pulling for Darko to get it together.

I'd go with Tony Mandarich.

He was like 6'8 300 plus pounds pure steroids.
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

there are tons of people who busted worse....namely almost every Detroit lions quarterback and almost every WR.....Robert Traylor....olowakandi.....Ryan leaf....Ki-jana Carter.....Sam Bowie...

the list is endless......plus he has a ring......

the more I think about it....there are a lot of Michigan connected players that were busts....

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

no hes not, Darko is good but hes been treated like crap and benched ever since he came to the league.
Can you imagine if the Piston drafted wadeor bosh and just benched them? They wouldn't be where they are today.

people needa stop saying kwame browns the worse bust..yeah hes a bust..but his draft class overall wasant good

Darko never got a chance. I'll always support Darko. He was my moneymaker in NBA Live 2003. He averaged 25 ppg, 15 rpg, and 11 bpg.

Originally Posted by Vietishi

Well you can blame Larry Brown for stunting his growth and making him a bigger nutcase than he already was. Darko could of balled there's no question about it and that's why he was chosen 2nd in one of the most talented drafts ever. It seems to be more mental with him, and Larry Brown treated this guy like crap.
This

Some of you guys seem to forget that dukes came over when he was 18, not speaking a lick of english to a completely foreign nation. Which other team in any sports league have you seen treat a top five lottery pick as badly as the Pistons and then in turn blame the pick for THEIR mismanagement? In Darko's stints in Orlando and with Memphis he's shown that he can play and be effective but at this point he's damaged goods in the NBA and is better served heading off to Europe

But

I'm still on that Jamarcus Russell  10 5 year bankrupsy watch. Can't remember a player being given so much of an opportunity and barely works on his craft, heck dukes acts like he's barely interested half the times

ill just say a few more that havent been mentioned.

Marucs Fizer
Jon Bender
Eddie Griffin (RIP)
Nicoloz Tskitishvili
Darius Miles
Harold Miner, Baby Jordan
roll.gif

i got another one
im from MI btw

Charles Rogers - #2 pick over all pick in the 2003 draft. He was the home town kid. Straight outa Saginaw, then to MI. ST. Him and Joey were suppose to be the Lions' saviors.
2 broken collar bones later, several violations of the NFL's substance abuse policy he was cut. More recently hes been in the news for all the wrong reasons. He is currently in the Oakland County Prison. Serving a 93 day term for violation probation. i had such high hopes for him too, dude was $$$$ at State. damn SMH

Originally Posted by three6mafia

i got another one
im from MI btw

Charles Rogers - #2 pick over all pick in the 2003 draft. He was the home town kid. Straight outa Saginaw, then to MI. ST. Him and Joey were suppose to be the Lions' saviors.
2 broken collar bones later, several violations of the NFL's substance abuse policy he was cut. More recently hes been in the news for all the wrong reasons. He is currently in the Oakland County Prison. Serving a 93 day term for violation probation. i had such high hopes for him too, dude was $$$$ at State. damn SMH
Nah doesn't count, Lions are cursed.

ehhh

im gonna blame larry brown as well for his growth as well

but biggest draft bust ever? im gonna say bowie just because mj, hakeem, chuck and stockton were in the class

bowie isnt the world class bust because he got hurt. others just plain suck. which is worse than bowie's knees.
darko is definitely top 5. but 1 is a stretch.

Darko has to be in the top 5 busts of all time, mainly because who was drafted after him. Melo, Bosh, Wade, are you serious? People who didn't even watch basketball knew Melo was going to be nice, most basketball fans knew Bosh and Wade were going to have good careers too. That pick was an epic fail.

He was the first to get a ring. I'll give him that.

Back
Top Bottom