Is Darko the worst NBA draft bust ever? In all of sports?

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Darko has to be in the top 5 busts of all time, mainly because who was drafted after him. Melo, Bosh, Wade, are you serious? People who didn't even watch basketball knew Melo was going to be nice, most basketball fans knew Bosh and Wade were going to have good careers too. That pick was an epic fail.

He was the first to get a ring. I'll give him that.
Most basketball fans did not think Bosh was going to have the career hes had.

Leaf is a bigger bust than Darko.  Darko is still in the league trying to produce.  Leaf was out in a few seasons. 

So no one has answered my question so far (excuse me if i missed it).

When has Darko ever been given a legit chance to play? Pistons gave up on him way too soon, so another choice?

People do know that who ever was picked in the #2 spot wasn't gonna get any burn. Melo was gonna get bench in favor of Tayshaun Prince and Wade was not gonna take over Rip's spot

Originally Posted by BangDak

When has Darko ever been given a legit chance to play? Pistons gave up on him way too soon, so another choice?
06-07 with the Orlando Magic he logged almost 2000 minutes of playing time...

Originally Posted by The Stoic Paisano

len-bias.jpg

No one forced this dude to sniff a half of cake up.

Cold.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

I hate to put players that got hurt as busts
If anyone thinks this way, then Ryan Leaf can't be a bust. I'm not sure people realize what the San Diego front office did just to get him, and then ignored his wrist injury while putting an absolutely abysmal team around him. This doesn't excuse his attitude problems, but the Chargers knew when they drafted him that he had an inoperable wrist injury. It was the type of injury that today would knock you way down the board, what with all the crazy analysis we like to do, but the Chargers traded their entire team away just to get that second pick and took him and stuck him in from Day 1, hoping he'd just go out and do his thing. He's the reason most QBs don't see the field their first year now.

Originally Posted by So Authentic

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by The Stoic Paisano

len-bias.jpg

No one forced this dude to sniff a half of cake up.

Cold.

Very... but dude didn't even play 1 single NBA game so its understandable...
Shoot, I'd put Ernie Davis on there too, and he had the misfortune of leukemia.
Not tryin' to throw salt.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Orlando and Memphis, but it;s still a chicken or the egg argument. If he could play, he would be out there. He sucks, therefore he doesn't play. And unlike other guys who suck, he shows no will to improve but rather sulks, cries, and blames his failure on everyone around him.

Somebody mentioned Skita and he has to be right up there too. He was a #5 pick, the next Dirk, Dirk himself even said Skita is more athletic than he ever was, and nothing. But again back to work ethic, Skita did put on 37lbs in one offseason while gainnig only 2% bodyfat, the Nugget's trainer (that weird looking dude with the dreads) said he literally had to drag Skita out of there after 7 hour long workout sessions. So I'll give Skita some praise on that.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I had never even seen that video before
roll.gif
But I honestly think Darko could be good with the right attitude adjustment...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KobeBeef

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

people needa stop saying kwame browns the worse bust..yeah hes a bust..but his draft class overall wasant good
it's kinda hard to deny it when he told MJ that if he drafted him, he wouldn't regret it.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif
he really said that?
eek.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by three6mafia

ill just say a few more that havent been mentioned.

Marucs Fizer
Jon Bender
Eddie Griffin (RIP)
Nicoloz Tskitishvili
Darius Miles
Harold Miner, Baby Jordan
roll.gif

Show some respect to #32 - dude was not a bust, he just got mislabeled too early. If thats the case then these players are all busts too
- Vince

- T-Mac

- Grant Hill

etc.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Marucs Fizer
Jon Bender
Eddie Griffin (RIP)
Nicoloz Tskitishvili
Darius Miles
roll.gif
Show some respect to #32 - dude was not a bust, he just got mislabeled too early. If thats the case then these players are all busts too
- Vince

- T-Mac

- Grant Hill

etc.

roll.gif
roll.gif
you did not just put harold miner in the same talk as VC, Tmac and my boy Grant.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Marucs Fizer
Jon Bender
Eddie Griffin (RIP)
Nicoloz Tskitishvili
Darius Miles
roll.gif
- Vince

- T-Mac

- Grant Hill

etc.

nah, Miner was a bust.  Dude was all american as a Jr in a  92 class of mourning, shaq, jimmy jackson and christian laettner.

even compared with jacksons and laettners injury shortened careers, miners career sucked bad

6f2a6_harold-minor-jordan.jpg

After the 1995 season, Miner was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers. He averaged only 3.2 points and 7.2 minutes per game for the Cavaliers. On October 18, 1995 he was traded to the Toronto Raptors for Victor Alexander, but that trade was rescinded 4 days later when Alexander failed his physical. Miner played five scoreless minutes in his last NBA game, a 26-point loss to the Chicago Bulls on February 20, 1996.

roll.gif
bum. That Baby Jordan thing was the worst thing that could happen to him

That and the Heat coach At the time..... Darko is up there that could go down as one of the best draft 1-5 of all time if it hadnt been for Darko.

people like Darko and Kwame brown have Akili Smith to thank for them not being the worst draft bust in all of sports

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

6f2a6_harold-minor-jordan.jpg

After the 1995 season, Miner was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers. He averaged only 3.2 points and 7.2 minutes per game for the Cavaliers. On October 18, 1995 he was traded to the Toronto Raptors for Victor Alexander, but that trade was rescinded 4 days later when Alexander failed his physical. Miner played five scoreless minutes in his last NBA game, a 26-point loss to the Chicago Bulls on February 20, 1996.

roll.gif
bum. That Baby Jordan thing was the worst thing that could happen to him

Dude's like a Bizarro Jordan.  Same shooting form, just lefty.  number 32 instead of 23.

Back
Top Bottom