Is Darren McFadden a bust?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

roll.gif
Seriously is Darren McFadden your relative or something?

Anybody with some sense knows money kinda correlates to if a player is a bust or not. Why dont you see 4-7 rounders in the top 10 bust countdowns? Because they you dont expect much from them.

Why do 1st and 2nd rounders get paid so much money ? Because you expect alot from them.
Nahhh, Id be saying the same thing about anyone in the same situation as Darren.

Money has nothing to do with this. Of course you dont expect much from a 4-7th rounder but money doesnt matter. Obviously you expect more from a 1st rounder than a 4th rounder but how much money that player makes is irrelevant.

They get paid so much money because of the awful system the NFL has for rookies.

Darren (and everyone in his draft class) havent even been in the league long enough to call a bust.

C'mon son! Vernon Gholston is a bust! and McFadden isnt far behind. I when I talk about the money thats how alot fans and media feel like.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Gholston-still-not-producing-for-Jets.html
If money doesnt matter why after every first round pick signs they report how much money they'll make? Because money equals expectations.

Durden7 wrote:

roll.gif

Anybody with some sense knows money kinda correlates to if a player is a bust or not. Why dont you see 4-7 rounders in the top 10 bust countdowns? Because they you dont expect much from them.

Why do 1st and 2nd rounders get paid so much money ? Because you expect alot from them.
Nahhh, Id be saying the same thing about anyone in the same situation as Darren.

Money has nothing to do with this. Of course you dont expect much from a 4-7th rounder but money doesnt matter. Obviously you expect more from a 1st rounder than a 4th rounder but how much money that player makes is irrelevant.

They get paid so much money because of the awful system the NFL has for rookies.

Darren (and everyone in his draft class) havent even been in the league long enough to call a bust.

C'mon son! Vernon Gholston is a bust! and McFadden isnt far behind. I when I talk about the money thats how alot fans and media feel like.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Gholston-still-not-producing-for-Jets.html
If money doesnt matter why after every first round pick signs they report how much money they'll make? Because money equals expectations.
You cant call them busts. Well the majority of fans and a lot of media are fools when it comes to sports. (Fans especially)

They report the money they make because thats what the news is. Its not about the expectation, theyre reporting that he signed.

If you want to classify busts based upon contracts OTHER than their rookie one, then go right ahead. Thats deserved.

The rookie pay scale is so messed up that classifying them based upon the money they make in their first few years isnt fair to the player or fans.

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

This is what I'm talking about, I'm a raider fan btw...
Originally Posted by 3 Lombardis

An ex-Razorback football player who is a business colleague of mine and has connections with University of Arkansas booster clubs told me at the start of the season that:

* Mc Fadden believes (like Randy Moss) that there is something very "fishy" in Oakland ... he's pretty much convinced that the team will never win with this management/coaching/administration.

* McFadden is concerned that his association with the Raiders will hurt his career.

* McFadden is even more concearned about getting hurt playing here before he can get his career off the ground.

* McFadden wants out of Oakland in a bad way.

My colleague predicted that McFadden will never play a full season here because he will take any opportunity to "preserve" himself on IR. He will bolt the first chance he gets to a team that gives him a chance to be successful and win some games. He predicted that McFadden will become a completely different player ... a substantial star once he leaves here.

** I am not vouching for what my colleague said ... I don't know if what he says is just rumors or he has a reliable source. I'm just repeating what he told me. **

it was posted on another forum but I wouldn't be surprised at at all if this has any truth to it.

Honestly I think all of those rumors are probably true. Oakland is such a mess, no player in their right mind would want any part of it.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

This is what I'm talking about, I'm a raider fan btw...
Originally Posted by 3 Lombardis

An ex-Razorback football player who is a business colleague of mine and has connections with University of Arkansas booster clubs told me at the start of the season that:

* Mc Fadden believes (like Randy Moss) that there is something very "fishy" in Oakland ... he's pretty much convinced that the team will never win with this management/coaching/administration.

* McFadden is concerned that his association with the Raiders will hurt his career.

* McFadden is even more concearned about getting hurt playing here before he can get his career off the ground.

* McFadden wants out of Oakland in a bad way.

My colleague predicted that McFadden will never play a full season here because he will take any opportunity to "preserve" himself on IR. He will bolt the first chance he gets to a team that gives him a chance to be successful and win some games. He predicted that McFadden will become a completely different player ... a substantial star once he leaves here.

** I am not vouching for what my colleague said ... I don't know if what he says is just rumors or he has a reliable source. I'm just repeating what he told me. **

it was posted on another forum but I wouldn't be surprised at at all if this has any truth to it.

Honestly I think all of those rumors are probably true. Oakland is such a mess, no player in their right mind would want any part of it.
alien.gif

nerd.gif
how about nnamdi?
nnamdi-asomugha.jpg

I really have a feeling he is going to be in Washington soon. We get a line and it would be
pimp.gif
. Im a huge Mcfadden fan tho.

If Randy Moss can't shine in oakland. Nobody can.

Originally Posted by SoleOnEyez

I really have a feeling he is going to be in Washington soon. We get a line and it would be
pimp.gif
. Im a huge Mcfadden fan tho.

If Randy Moss can't shine in oakland. Nobody can.
you have a younger version of our owner. except our owner was actually competent when he was snyders age. hes not going to go to washington andbecome a pro bowler
laugh.gif

Durden7 wrote:

roll.gif

You cant call them busts. Well the majority of fans and a lot of media are fools when it comes to sports. (Fans especially)

They report the money they make because thats what the news is. Its not about the expectation, theyre reporting that he signed.

If you want to classify busts based upon contracts OTHER than their rookie one, then go right ahead. Thats deserved.

The rookie pay scale is so messed up that classifying them based upon the money they make in their first few years isnt fair to the player or fans.

Come on man,
laugh.gif
Most people including NFL personnel men would classifythose guys busts so far.

When can you classify players as busts then? Its not rocket science or solving world hunger, its easy to see if a first round guy giving so much oppurtunityto establish himself can play.

What recent draft picks are busts then? Is JaMarcus a bust? Is Brady Quinn a bust? Jarvis Moss? Bobby Carpenter?

Come on man,
laugh.gif
Most people including NFL personnel men would classify those guys busts so far.

When can you classify players as busts then? Its not rocket science or solving world hunger, its easy to see if a first round guy giving so much oppurtunity to establish himself can play.

What recent draft picks are busts then? Is JaMarcus a bust? Is Brady Quinn a bust? Jarvis Moss? Bobby Carpenter?

I doubt theyd classify them as busts. Theyre much smarter than the average fan.

You can classify a player as a bust later in their career. Its WAY too soon to even consider calling DMC a bust. I never said it was rocket science, but whybe so quick to judge a player?

You cant call recent draft picks busts... you werent even listening to what ive been saying.

Come on man,
laugh.gif

When can you classify players as busts then? Its not rocket science or solving world hunger, its easy to see if a first round guy giving so much oppurtunity to establish himself can play.

You can classify a player as a bust later in their career. Its WAY too soon to even consider calling DMC a bust. I never said it was rocket science, but why be so quick to judge a player?

You cant call recent draft picks busts... you werent even listening to what ive been saying.

laugh.gif
No....I'm asking you when is a player a bust? 1yr, 2yrs or 3yrs?Who is a recent bust then?

Come on man,
laugh.gif

You can classify a player as a bust later in their career. Its WAY too soon to even consider calling DMC a bust. I never said it was rocket science, but why be so quick to judge a player?

laugh.gif
No....I'm asking you when is a player a bust? 1yr, 2yrs or 3yrs? Who is a recent bust then?
There is no set number of years to determine a bust.

To call an 08 draftee a bust is absurd though.

It is to soon and playing in Oakland is a unique situation, but how many RB's get better later in their career and flourish? RB's usually make instantimpacts. I am biased because I called DMac a bust pre draft but the odds (Oakland, lack of production) are getting larger not smaller.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Justin Fargas is better than DMC ALWAYS puts forth 100% effort, unlike DMC.

DMC is wayyy more talented than fargas, but fargas runs relentlessly whether theirs a hole open or not.
IMO Fargas just wants it more than mcfadden. mcfadden can be every bit as tough and productive as fargas, but he doesn't show the same passion that fargasshows.
ohwell.gif

thats the worst case scenario and really if he really was like that I'm mad that a player doesnt care enough to confront him about it.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

thats the worst case scenario and really if he really was like that I'm mad that a player doesnt care enough to confront him about it.

what makes you think any other players in the locker room even know how DMC feels?

if its obvious than you would know.

But does it look like hes not trying out there? if you're not going 100 you shouldnt be playing and unfortunately thats how it seems to be with a lot oflosing teams.

mcfadden isn't the only one who doesn't give a %$+@, I see all of our players not giving 100% effort on a routine basis.
When we're down by 21+, our players seem to stop caring.
smh.gif
I can't even imagine us coming back from a large deficit.
Like what the 9ers did in that 49ers/texans game a few weeks ago (they scored 21 points in the 2nd half of that game after being shut out 21-0 in the firsthalf)

Back
Top Bottom