Is Darren McFadden a bust?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Come on man,
laugh.gif
Most people including NFL personnel men would classify those guys busts so far.

When can you classify players as busts then? Its not rocket science or solving world hunger, its easy to see if a first round guy giving so much oppurtunity to establish himself can play.

What recent draft picks are busts then? Is JaMarcus a bust? Is Brady Quinn a bust? Jarvis Moss? Bobby Carpenter?

I doubt theyd classify them as busts. Theyre much smarter than the average fan.

You can classify a player as a bust later in their career. Its WAY too soon to even consider calling DMC a bust. I never said it was rocket science, but why be so quick to judge a player?

You cant call recent draft picks busts... you werent even listening to what ive been saying.

laugh.gif
No....I'm asking you when is a player a bust? 1yr, 2yrs or 3yrs? Who is a recent bust then?
There is no set number of years to determine a bust.

To call an 08 draftee a bust is absurd though.

So I guess anybody is bust til they retire.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You dont have to wait till they retire, but less than 2 years after theyre drafted??? Thats insane.

laugh.gif
You dont have to wait till they retire, but less than 2 years after theyre drafted??? Thats insane.
you still haven't given a specific amount of time you think a player should be given before he is dubbed a bust.
Do you think that a player should only be dubbed a bust if he's off the team that he was drafted by?

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

This is what I'm talking about, I'm a raider fan btw...
Originally Posted by 3 Lombardis

An ex-Razorback football player who is a business colleague of mine and has connections with University of Arkansas booster clubs told me at the start of the season that:

* Mc Fadden believes (like Randy Moss) that there is something very "fishy" in Oakland ... he's pretty much convinced that the team will never win with this management/coaching/administration.

* McFadden is concerned that his association with the Raiders will hurt his career.

* McFadden is even more concearned about getting hurt playing here before he can get his career off the ground.

* McFadden wants out of Oakland in a bad way.

My colleague predicted that McFadden will never play a full season here because he will take any opportunity to "preserve" himself on IR. He will bolt the first chance he gets to a team that gives him a chance to be successful and win some games. He predicted that McFadden will become a completely different player ... a substantial star once he leaves here.

** I am not vouching for what my colleague said ... I don't know if what he says is just rumors or he has a reliable source. I'm just repeating what he told me. **

it was posted on another forum but I wouldn't be surprised at at all if this has any truth to it.

Honestly I think all of those rumors are probably true. Oakland is such a mess, no player in their right mind would want any part of it.
alien.gif
nerd.gif
how about nnamdi?
http://www.tvfanatic.com/files/nnamdi-asomugha.jpg src="http://www.tvfanatic.com/files/nnamdi-asomugha.jpg">

did you see his contract?

3 years 45 million son is so overpaid it aint funny... He knows he was gettin that Nate Clements treatment if he left.

If I'm Ted Thompson, I would try my damndest to acquire McFadden in the offseason.

Build the offensive line with the picks that you don't trade and through free agency, and you have Rodgers, McFadden and Jennings for a long time.

He'll probably go to New England for a third-round pick.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

laugh.gif
you still haven't given a specific amount of time you think a player should be given before he is dubbed a bust.
Do you think that a player should only be dubbed a bust if he's off the team that he was drafted by?
Ive said that there is no set # of years to determine this. Its a case by case scenario.

Not if he plays well with a different team.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Season[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Rushing[/td] [td]Receiving[/td] [td]Fumbles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]Att[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Lng[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Lng[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]FUM[/td] [td]Lost[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2009[/td] [td]Oakland Raiders[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]63[/td] [td]205[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]106[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][/table]
tired.gif

People were saying that he is a bit stiff when compared to AP It's a shame that he isn't developing.

The verdict is still out on McFadden...

I feel bad for any player looking for success on the Raiders...terribly run organization.
smh.gif

The verdict is in

The quarterback (JaMarcus Russell) can't play. He's a bust. Darren McFadden is a bust. He won't stay healthy in this league. He's had onlyone good game. They have drafted poorly. They are easily scouted. The defense plays schemes that don't make sense. They play the ends out wide, and playthe safeties too deep. Al Davis always believes that you have a deep safety, but Atlanta exploited that with Michael Turner. And to just see how bad Russellis, you have to look at what Matt Ryan did in that game. Russell just doesn't know what he is doing."

http://www.mercurynews.com/sabercats/ci_13886442

BUST

darren1.jpg

I would hesitate to call him a bust. The Raiders as an organization and team are just so brutal...

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

yes ... i don't care if he is on the raiders ... great players are great players

what about when randy moss was on the raiders?
dont underestimate the raiders

Back
Top Bottom