Is Derrick Rose the most athletic pass-first PG to ever play?

Is he the most athletic pass-first PG to ever play in the L history?

If not, give me one, because I can't think of anyone else... Stephon Marbury was pretty athletic when he came out but his hops is nowhere near Rose... andhe's not a pass first PG.

Man... he is so athletic

Magic Johnson aside here's how the PG's breakdon over the last 25 years...and Rose comparisons at the end.

steve francis is about as athletic a player that I've ever seen in the sub-6'2" category (sans shoes) PG position. Young franchise was a spectularleaper.

But like most athletes...franchise wasn't as skilled a PG as Paul or Barons or even marbury for that matter...and liked to score more than he liked topass.

John Stockton was prolly the most skilled and a very good shooter...less athletic than most others but very crafty and tough as nails.

Isiah was prolly the most skilled and a good athlete (not great). also crafty. also tough as nails.

Paul very much like Isiah athetically...both more floorbound yet as quick as any first step with the ball in the game. yet thomas was a good shooter like deronand stockton..

deron and Baron have the best size and skill combinations. deron better than Baron. deron pretty tough as nail. Baron more press on nailish.

Kidd was the fastest with the ball and most reluctant shooter and most willing passer (magic aside). In fact, to a fault...its no surprise he never won a ringbecause you gotta make them cover you more than Kidd did/does. Thomas the best shooter/scorer PG on the planet under 6'2".

Marbury as good as any accept never right in the head and never cared about winning...just plain goofy. weak minded...cancerous at every stop.

hardaway, KJ and others deserve mention somewhere in all this.

I would say that Rose looks to have as quick of a first step and as quick of a cross-over.

it is also apparent that Rose's leaping ability is right there with the best leaper of them all...Franchise.

Then Rose also looks to be as pass first as Stockton and Thomas and Paul...not quite in the Kidd category (which is great news if you ask me cuz Rose canactually shoot a mid range jumper already and score going to the rim).

Rose looks like he can attack the rim and make shots in the paint as good as the best ever both Isiah and i will put iverson in here too. Rose is just toostrong and fast to be stopped.

So the only weaknesses so far are:

1. outside shooting...where he looks like he will become serviceable (I will peg him at an eventual 33%..within a year or 2).

2. decision making...lots of turnovers (but this will change very soon...i wont be surprised to see him average 5 turnovers per 36 this year)

3. defensively he has the athleticism size and strength to be as good as Young Stockton, IT, Kidd, but is very average -below average so far.

I am convinced he will be the next guard to average at least 9 assists per game and score at least 15 per game...even as soon as next year.

Within 3 years we will see minimally 16 ppg, 10 assists per game, 4 rebounds, 1.5 steals. 50% shooting overall.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

If this was locked the first time, what makes you think it'll stay open this time?
laugh.gif
I see a verbal warning in the near future.

Seriously?

You get it locked yesterday and you start the exact same thread again.

SMH.

Lock this up. Again.

You made this thread yesterday bro..if it got locked then, what makes you think it won't now? And this is really not Real Talk, it'shypothetical. If there is a rumor going around, then I could say this post would be reasonable. But there isn't..so that being said:

< Lock >

I'm a BIG Rose fan... but this is way off base and premature to call. The regular season hasn't even started yet. The topic can be re introduced inlike 2-3 seasons from now.

shouldn't he at least play a few regular season games in the league for a person to even judge what he can do?

college players dont always transfer their impact to the big league teams the same way they did in college. hes one of the most talented kids on the courttoday, but seriously.. he hasnt even played a single year. hes got everything to prove yet.

Back
Top Bottom