Is Derrick Rose the most athletic pass-first PG to ever play?

I saw this post and actually laughed. How can anyone say Rose is the most athletic pass first PG when he hasn't even played one minute of an actual NBAgame? Everyone is comparing him to Magic, Stockton, Isiah- all hall of famers- when the kid hasn't even played one meaningful minute in the NBA.

I'm not hating on the guy, I actually like his game, but if we're talking athletic pass first, Khalid El Amin was athletic for his size, but youdon't see him on an NBA squad.

Rose could become the most athletic pass first PG, but let's not be too hasty. Wait a couple of seasons and we'll see.

It's also pretty hilarious how everyone is saying he's so athletic based on what he did last year...he was in College and anyone in their right mindknow that NBA is way different that College.

As for Baron Davis, he is athletic but I've never seen him to be a pass first PG.

Kidd, Magic and Stockton are probably the people you need to compare any pass first PG. I can tell that today, the closest heir to the best pass first PG, andhell of an athlete, is Chris Paul followed closely by Deron Williams.

Rob

Originally Posted by Rob408

but if we're talking athletic pass first, Khalid El Amin was athletic for his size, but you don't see him on an NBA squad.
Khalid was never athletic or a pass first point guard.He was a chubby dude that was quick

Rose could become the most athletic pass first PG, but let's not be too hasty. Wait a couple of seasons and we'll see.

It's also pretty hilarious how everyone is saying he's so athletic based on what he did last year...he was in College and anyone in their right mind know that NBA is way different that College.
Where he played has NOTHING to do with God Given Athleticism.Thats like saying a dude that plays streetball with a 42 inch vertical isnt athleticbecause hes not playing in the pros...

Kidd, Magic and Stockton are probably the people you need to compare any pass first PG. I can tell that today, the closest heir to the best pass first PG, and hell of an athlete, is Chris Paul followed closely by Deron Williams.

Rob
No one is comparing him as an actual player,they are just comparing athleticism...Hes more by far more athletic than the 5 PGs that you justnamed.And from what I have seen,he is the most athletic 19 yr old PG that I have EVER seen.But thats just me

I'm curious to know why people think it matters that he hasn't played yet? Athleticism is Athleticism...that translates. If some college kid out therehas is 6'9...has a 50 inch vertical...runs a 4.1...has ungodly strength, cat like quickness, so on and so forth...does that mean he can't be consideredthe most athletic person to play ball because he hasn't played in the NBA yet? That's ridiculous...

he was in College and anyone in their right mind know that NBA is way different that College
He's not going jump any lower...not going to run any slower...not going to get any weaker...so what difference does it make?

Actually...if you've watched him this preseason you can still CLEARLY see that he's an elite athlete and has an extra gear that alot of guys just donthave

^

If what you're saying is correct, then how does one say that this player (any player) is the most athletic pass first PG when he hasn't even playagainst the best competition which is in the NBA.

I recognize that Rose is athletic, no question about it, but let's see how that translate into the NBA. Like I said, College ball is very different fromthe NBA. How could someone be the best when he hasn't even played against the best? That's all I'm saying.

So in you're opinion, he's more athletic that Magic and Isiah? Did you see those guys play? Back in those days, the NBA was alot more physical, noneof that ticky tack fouls they call now a days. A defender can knock you on your *** going up for a dunk (much like Laimbeer on MJ) just to make a point. Obviously, that would make a player think twice the next time he feels like getting "athletic" against that defender. Just because Magic wasn'tdunking all the time doesn't mean that he wasn't athletic.

I hope what the OP says happens, for the sake of basketball, but its a big task to take on.

Just my $.02...

Just because Magic wasn't dunking all the time doesn't mean that he wasn't athletic.
laugh.gif
That doesn't mean anything.

Are you going to sit up here and tell me that Magic Johnson was as athletically gifted as Derrick Rose?

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Just because Magic wasn't dunking all the time doesn't mean that he wasn't athletic.
laugh.gif
That doesn't mean anything.

Are you going to sit up here and tell me that Magic Johnson was as athletically gifted as Derrick Rose?

Inmymind, Sometimes I think me and you are the only people that actually watch basketball and sometimes even have common sense on this board
roll.gif

Obviously, there's a difference in opinion here and I respect that. Like I said, I want Rose to be the "best pass first PG" but it is a big taskto take on.

I will reserve judgment until he's had some time in the NBA.

Obviously, there's a difference in opinion here and I respect that. Like I said, I want Rose to be the "best pass first PG" but it is a big task to take on.

You keep getting the title of the thread confused
laugh.gif
.Itstitle is "Is Derrick Rose the most athletic pass-first PG to ever play?" My answer is..He is the most athletic PG ive ever seen at 19 yrs old.

We are all entitled to opinions but Cmon,You put Magic Johnson in the same sentence athletically as D Rose
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Obviously, there's a difference in opinion here and I respect that. Like I said, I want Rose to be the "best pass first PG" but it is a big task to take on.

You keep getting the title of the thread confused
laugh.gif
.Its title is "Is Derrick Rose the most athletic pass-first PG to ever play?" My answer is..He is the most athletic PG ive ever seen at 19 yrs old.

We are all entitled to opinions but Cmon,You put Magic Johnson in the same sentence athletically as D Rose
roll.gif
roll.gif

el oh el did you see magic play or are you basing this off of highlinghts

Meant to say "athletic".

I've seen athlete's play incredible in college (Dahntay Jones was athletic at Duke wasn't he) but doesn't translate to the NBA simply causeeveryone else is that much more athletic.

I still wouldn't put him past Magic Johnson "athletic" wise. Hell, Isiah was a hell of an athlete too.

It seems like everyone on this board thinks that the NBA was organized only after the mid 90's.

You don't ever hear anyone appreciating Oscar Robertson or Bob Cousy or any ball players from the early 90's and before.

This truly is the MTV generation.

If you don't like athletes have gotten bigger, stronger, faster over time...IDK what to tell you.

Rose is a different breed, Bron is, Dwight Howard is...

Sure Isiah was a nice athlete for his time...but not comparable to Rose.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

If you don't like athletes have gotten bigger, stronger, faster over time...IDK what to tell you.

I don't disagree with your statement, I appreciate the new breed of athletes, just want to people to appreciate those that paved the way for the currentstars.

The verdict is still out on Rose. Like I said numerous times, I'll wait to crown him the most athletic pass first PG once he gets some time in the NBA.

EH i dont no if i would throw rose in the same class as been i guess Different like Bron and howard where we ant seen players with the size,power and speedthem 2 got

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

EH i dont no if i would throw rose in the same class as been i guess Different like Bron and howard where we ant seen players with the size,power and speed them 2 got
wait n see LiL homee

drose13.jpg

oh, and to the beasley mothership, pharrell stan

InMyMind

your boy KD got some love coming next season $%+##

3938_BenGordonB.jpg

alien.gif

EH i dont no if i would throw rose in the same class as been i guess Different like Bron and howard where we ant seen players with the size,power and speed them 2 got

I bet by his second year in the league you change your mind..

Those who are doubting rose, i honestly dont think have seen rose play enough..

As allen already stated, Rose is a different breed.. he has a legit 40 inch vertical.. and Rose is the fastest player i have ever seenin transition (23 years old).. A true pass first point guard.. clearly a winner.. and is ferocious going to the rack

I dont mean to be boastin, and i dont know dude from a hole in the wall.. but everything is said is fact..
ohwell.gif

Chris Paul's number one spot aint safe..
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom